Your thoughts on my short list?

Hi, everyone! What are your thoughts on these names: [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]? Which one would you choose as a first name? Any middle name suggestions are welcomed!

Delilah - Love!! The popularity is unfortunate, but it’s such a wonderful name :heartpulse:
Rose - Another beauty! I always have a hard time imagining this on an actual person, though.
Wren - I like it, but it’s not my favourite.
Lorelei - Same as Wren.
Clementine - Absolutely gorgeous name! Especially love it with the nickname Cleo :sparkles:

Delilah and Clementine are my personal favourites and either one would be my pick (probably Clementine, actually).

These are some middles I’ve considered - most of them are on the more masculine side of things, not sure if that’s your style tho :sweat_smile:
Delilah Huxley
Delilah Blue
Delilah James
Delilah Fern
Delilah Ever
Delilah Beck
Delilah Meadow
Delilah Winter
Delilah Cove
Delilah Fable
Delilah Frank
Delilah Max

Clementine Beck
Clementine Scout
Clementine Edith
Clementine Pearl
Clementine Giselle
Clementine Arden
Clementine Bay
Clementine Lucille
Clementine Dove
Clementine Maud
Clementine Faye
Clementine Marley

1 Like

Delilah- is a wonderful name, definitely one of my favorites. It is popular but it does not feel over used

Rose- This one is very pretty but it feels a little generic

Wren- I have always wanted to like this name, but something about the sounds turn me off

Lorelei- I know so many people with this name so i would never use it but its stunning

Clementine- this is such a good name, and i agree with futturemama, the nn [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] is so good

1 Like

I like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and would use them myself if it wasn’t OTT with my surname. Maybe as a short middle name like

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] are also lovely.

Least sure about [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f].

1 Like

Deliah- classic, grows with the person
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u]- always popular ([name_f]Rose[/name_f] more so), sweet
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]- see [name_f]Deliah[/name_f], sweet southern bell
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]- growing in popularity, not my favorite because of all the fruit and entertainment associations

1 Like

Hmm…
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] ~ this a lovely choice it’s spunky with a interesting biblical history open to many interpretations. I think [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] is very pretty.
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_u]Ellery[/name_u]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_u]Poet[/name_u]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]

Rose ~ honestly my favourite girls name it’s soooo annoying that it’s been used by what it feels like literally everyone. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is such an elegant, beautiful name gorgeous.
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]

Wren ~ this is a sweet girl name it’s delicate and pretty. I think [name_u]Wren[/name_u] teamed with a long elegant name
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]

Lorelei ~ I think this is a beautiful spunky name it’s upbeat and feels unusual as I haven’t come across many. I also like the meaning ‘alluring tempest’
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_u]Fox[/name_u]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]

Clementine ~ this is a lovely nature name with a gorgeous Christmassy vibe. I think [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] is beautiful.
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Bronwen[/name_f]

You’ve got a great list my favourite is [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

1 Like

Delilah—it’s spunky and beautiful at the same time
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]—strong and lovely
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]—It’s just not my style
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]—I would pass on this one as well
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]—this one sounds sweet and sort of romantic/sentimental

1 Like

Delilah: Used to be a favorite! Growing a bit apart but I still think it’s so beautiful.

Rose: Perfect in every way! Classic middle option, and I adore the nn [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]. current favorite middle: [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]

Wren: Sweet, I prefer for a boy but still nice on a girl, adventurous and rugged! cfc: [name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]

Lorelei: Not my style, but it’s very delicate and lyrical!

Clementine: I adore [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]. It’s sweet and [name_u]Clem[/name_u] is a great nickname. cfc: [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] nnCleo

1 Like

Delilah- lively and lyrical.
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] -simple and sweet
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] -interesting and sweet
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]-nice with mystical feel
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]- elegant and sweet

1 Like

Delilah - such a pretty sounding name! I especially like nn [name_f]Lila[/name_f]!
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] - classic and simple. I personally prefer longer forms of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] with nn [name_f]Rose[/name_f]/Rosie!
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] - this is one of my favorite boy names, but I love it on a girl too! I think it’s very cool, and I love the nature connection.
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] - [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] is so beautiful! I love the way it looks and sounds. I think it’s so fun and bright.
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] - one of my absolute favorite names! [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] is sweet, spunky, warm, quirky, and whimsical. It’s so beautiful, and it makes me smile every time I hear it. I also love that there’s so many nn options, my personal favorite is [name_f]Emmie[/name_f]!

1 Like

Delilah: I like the name [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], although for some reason I don’t love it. But it has a lovely soft, mellifluous sound to it.
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]: A beautiful name. It’s one I would consider for a child if it wasn’t so popular and I didn’t already have a friend with a little [name_f]Rose[/name_f].
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]: I want to like this but it has a harsh sound and look to me. It does work quite well as a middle name though.
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]: Soft and flowy like [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], although it isn’t one of my favourites. It’s a nice name though.
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]: One of my top names. I just adore it! I love the sound and the look, and all of the nickname options. It has such a magical vibe to it, quite fairytale-like. This would be one of my top choices if we have another daughter.

[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] is one of my most favourite names. It is so beautiful :sparkling_heart:
I also have a soft spot for [name_f]Clementine[/name_f].

2 Likes

I really like [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]! It’s definitely my favorite of the five. I think it’s familiar but it isn’t common, and has a really flowy sound.

1 Like

Delilah- I like it but I feel it’s more a character’s name rather than seeing it on a person? [name_m]Just[/name_m] has that vibe.
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]. I think it’s pretty and I like the spelling.
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]- a good old classic. Not much to dislike. Simple and elegant.
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]- it’s too fussy for my liking in terms of the letters and overall name.
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]- I can’t get on the [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] like bandwagon. I’m not sure what it is, I think it almost sounds like a brand for dishwasher soaps or something. Although I think it would make a good solid MN spot

1 Like

I love [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u]. I also like rose as a first name. [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] is okay but I’ve never been too keen on [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] though.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! They feel classic and beautiful to me. [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is sweet but I don’t love unisex names.

Lorelei [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]

1 Like

I like [name_f]Rose[/name_f]!

1 Like

Rose - my favourite name, actually it’s the only name I’ve kept on my short list after starting fresh, so I’m very, very biased.

Delilah - Very pretty too! It reminds me of lilacs and the colour purple, and it sounds sweet.

Clementine - Like it, and nicknames [name_u]Clem[/name_u] and [name_u]Clemmie[/name_u] are gorgeous, I’d love to meet a little [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]!

Lorelei - Mermaids are pretty cool, and [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] is both quite uncommon and well known, kinda perfect if you don’t want your kid sharing a name in school, but no one will raise their eyebrows at it either.

Wren - The bird association is nice, but I tend to prefer other bird names like [name_u]Lark[/name_u] and [name_u]Robin[/name_u] over it, mostly due to the sound.

Rose [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]

Delilah [name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]

Clementine [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_u]Blaise[/name_u]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Laure[/name_f]

Wren [name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_u]Marie[/name_u]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Justine[/name_f]

Lorelei [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]

1 Like

Delilah - so beautiful, one of my favourites!! The popularity is annoying but honestly it’s such a pretty name i wouldn’t let it put me off.

Rose - Beautiful as a first name. As a middle it feels too expected but it’s such a classical name.

Wren - very pretty as a middle name.

Lorelei - I’ve never really liked this name, it just seems a little frilly.

Clementine - Aww this name is so so gorgeous .
middles:
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]

Rose [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]

Wren [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]

Clementine [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Summer[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]

1 Like

Delilah is my favorite it’s so cute!
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] is cute but I would probs pick [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] or something to spice it up a little.
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] I like the look of a lot but not so much the sound. It’s just a little too short and plain to me. Definitely a cute middle though.
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] I really like the sound of but it reminds me of [name_m]Gilmore[/name_m] girls which I find so annoying haha. I could get over the association though it’s a nice name.
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] is so cute and sweet. Only thing is it’s really long but I think it’s still a great name. Nickname [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] would be adorable.

1 Like