your thoughts on Roxana

i just came across the name [name]Roxana[/name] and im in love! what do you think of the name? is it too out there? my sons name is alexander…i like the idea of calling them alex & roxy

I think [name]Roxana[/name] is really nice with [name]Alexander[/name], even with the -xan present in both names. Nicknames [name]Alex[/name] and [name]Roxy[/name] are cute too!

I really like [name]Roxana[/name] nn [name]Roxy[/name]. I also think both names work together. However if you had a third what name would you consider? [name]Max[/name], [name]Maxine[/name]?

[name]Don[/name]'t like the ‘x’ factor much. I would prefer [name]Rhianna[/name].

I like [name]Roxana[/name] but I prefer it spelled [name]Roxanna[/name]- and I also think its great that it has two nicknames- [name]Roxy[/name] and [name]Anna[/name]- i also think its lovely if it has no nicknames used. its spunky yet pretty! :slight_smile:

love that name, i don’t understand why it is so underused

I really love the name [name]Roxana[/name]. I knew a woman with this name, a professional and very caring woman. I loved how she says her name, with her accent, prn ‘Rawksahnah.’ I have to say I had never considered this name until I met someone who had it - it is certainly one of those names that goes overlooked, it’s a little different from what everyone else is doing, but not so different that it’s shocking. It’s a very smiley name to me, very sophisticated. [name]Roxy[/name] is also adorable. I think the nickname just stands apart - no [name]Emmie[/name] or [name]Ellie[/name] there.

[name]Edit[/name]: nameberry entry for the name [name]Roxana[/name] adds this comment to the origin and meaning: “The name of the wife of [name]Alexander[/name] the Great”. I’m not sure how many people know that, but I wanted to make sure you knew this because your son is [name]Alexander[/name], figure out if this association is too much or no biggie.

I love [name]Roxana[/name] but like others prefer it spelt [name]Roxanna[/name]. I think it works perfectly with your son’s name as both [name]Alexander[/name] & [name]Roxanna[/name] and [name]Alex[/name] & [name]Roxy[/name] sound great together. It might be better to use the nn [name]Roxy[/name] instead of [name]Anna[/name] as [name]Alex[/name] and [name]Anna[/name] sound a bit too matchy, but that’s just my opinion. [name]Roxy[/name] is also the name of a clothing brand so she could have stuff with her name on it!

[name]Just[/name] looked it up and [name]Roxana[/name] (with one ‘n’ ) was the name of [name]Alexander[/name] the Great’s wife. So actually that is very close to your son’s name. It also means ‘little star’ in Persian.

Some other names for the future to go with [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Roxanna[/name]:

Boys: [name]Felix[/name], [name]Lennox[/name], [name]Paxton[/name], [name]Dexter[/name], [name]Maximilian[/name], [name]Xavier[/name]
Girls: [name]Xanthe[/name], [name]Maxine[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name]

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

Great name suggestions [name]Charlie[/name]!

Great name suggestions [name]Charlie[/name]![/quote]

Thanks! Boys names were much easier, the only girls name I could find with an ‘x’ in the middle was [name]Alexis[/name] which obviously was out.

Great name suggestions [name]Charlie[/name]![/quote]

Thanks! Boys names were much easier, the only girls name I could find with an ‘x’ in the middle was [name]Alexis[/name] which obviously was out.[/quote]