Your Top 5 Boys And Girls Names?

So what are you top 5 names for boys and for girls? I would like to hear them! This kind or hard for me but I managed to do it!!!
Here are mine:

Boys:

1. [name_m]Macaulay[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m] - I have always thought this name is really sweet, gentle and handsome! And it’s also a bonus someone I admire has the name [name_m]Macaulay[/name_m]. I really like the way [name_m]Miles[/name_m] flows with [name_m]Macaulay[/name_m] and it’s also a bonus a character I like has the name of [name_m]Miles[/name_m].

2. [name_m]Albert[/name_m] [name_u]Perry[/name_u] - I have always like [name_m]Albert[/name_m] and I love the nicknames that go with [name_m]Albert[/name_m]! I like the way it’s vintage and classic. I like [name_u]Perry[/name_u] I think it’s sweet and goes well with [name_m]Albert[/name_m]. I just like the way they both go together! They don’t really have a specific meaning to why I like them.

3. [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_u]Kieran[/name_u] - I have always been a fan of [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] it’s been on my list for about 4 years now and I love it. And there was a character in a film I used to watch as a little kid and they had a character named [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] so that’s a bonus! And [name_u]Kieran[/name_u] because it flows well with [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] and really gives the name style! And of course there are other reasons why I love [name_u]Kieran[/name_u] but that’s a long story.

4. [name_u]Seth[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] - I think [name_u]Seth[/name_u] is a really sweet name and it is really cool and it flows well with the [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and it is a name in the Bible and it’s also a bonus the creator of Family [name_m]Guy[/name_m] is named this. I’m not sure how the name [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] came around all I know is I have loved it ever since I heard it.

5. [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] [name_m]Mark[/name_m] - I think the name [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] is very nice it’s a name I have recently come to love! And it flows nicely with the [name_m]Mark[/name_m]. And [name_m]Mark[/name_m] that’s kind of a long story why I love this name but it’s Biblical so that’s one of the reasons why I love it.

Girls:

1. [name_u]Shannen[/name_u] [name_f]Moira[/name_f] - I love the name [name_u]Shannen[/name_u] and have done for about a year or so now! I like the fact it’s Irish and it means “Old And Wise” and think that makes the name more interesting and I have known alot of people called [name_u]Shannen[/name_u] but someone who I really admire had this name so that’s a bonus too. And [name_f]Moira[/name_f] is to honour a family member of mine! [name_f]My[/name_f] Great Grandma who passed away in 2008.

2. [name_f]Heather[/name_f] [name_u]Michele[/name_u] - I have always loved the name [name_f]Heather[/name_f] right from a young age! And [name_u]Michele[/name_u] just goes so well with the [name_f]Heather[/name_f] and it’s just a bonus someone I really admire has this name.

3. [name_f]Vada[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] - I always thought the name [name_f]Vada[/name_f] was really sweet and was short and simple and it would age well in my opinion too! And [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] goes so nicely with the [name_f]Vada[/name_f]! And a character from one of my all time favourite films has this name so that’s always good in my opinion.

4. [name_u]Connie[/name_u] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] - I have always respected the name [name_u]Connie[/name_u] and thought what a lovely name it was! And then I saw a film and that just boosted the name [name_u]Connie[/name_u] to now being a name I love. And [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] just gives the whole name an interesting feel to it and that’s just a bonus being someone who I admire has a sister named [name_u]Quinn[/name_u].

5. [name_u]Dakota[/name_u] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] - It has always been a name I loved for some reason and I know alot of famous people with this name and it’s also a bonus there is a place in [name_u]America[/name_u] called [name_u]Dakota[/name_u]! I would love to go to [name_u]America[/name_u]. And the [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] is to honour my Great Grandma as her middle name was [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] and I loved her! But she sadly passed away in 2008 as I said in the top names middle name.

So what’s yours?

In no particular order…

[name_f]My[/name_f] Top 5 Boys
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] (Gid-E-en Kon-rad) - [name_m]Just[/name_m] absolutely love the flow of this. It sounds so masculine, burly, and handsome. It feels dutiful, loyal, and honest. And in no way unisex, not in the least. You read this name somewhere, and you know it’s a man.
[name_m]Willem[/name_m] [name_m]Fredrik[/name_m] ([name_m]Will[/name_m]-em Freh-drick) - I love the name [name_m]William[/name_m], but in my accent it’s pronounced [name_m]Will[/name_m]-yum, and I don’t find that pleasing to the ear. [name_m]Willem[/name_m], the Dutch variant, is so much more smooth; it’s damn near silk. And [name_m]Fredrik[/name_m] is a homage to my Swedish roots. [name_m]Both[/name_m] are very masculine, smooth, and very handsome.
[name_m]Beau[/name_m] [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] ([name_m]Bow[/name_m] Lie-nul) - Simple, handsome, attractive, manly, one of my absolute favorites. Simple, too. But not… common.
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] (Aw-gus-tus [name_m]Ol[/name_m]-ih-vurr) - So old fashioned, so vintage, so masculine, so heroic. Also comes with the desirable nickname “[name_u]Gus[/name_u]”.
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] (Jood [name_u]Mal[/name_u]-cum) - This one is a bit shy, a little bit bashful, and a bit more introverted than the others on my list. But very handsome, and sweet.

[name_f]My[/name_f] Top 5 Girls
[name_f]Maeva[/name_f] [name_f]Pauliina[/name_f] ([name_f]May[/name_f]-vuh Pow-[name_u]LEE[/name_u]-nah) - [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the name [name_f]Maeva[/name_f]. I’m not a fan of simple “[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]” because to me it sounds too close to “[name_f]Mae[/name_f]” which I have negative connotations with. With [name_f]Maeva[/name_f], you can hear the “v” easily, it’s dominant. And it’s very close to a name I love that’s way too popular for me to want to use. ([name_f]Ava[/name_f]) [name_f]Pauliina[/name_f] adds enough spunk, spice, and femininity to it that I’m just head over heels.
[name_f]Atarah[/name_f] [name_f]Maelie[/name_f] (Uh-tarr-uh [name_f]May[/name_f]-lee) - I absolutely adore [name_f]Atarah[/name_f]. So elegant, gorgeous, unheard of, and beautiful. I am in love with the meaning of these two names, especially together. [name_f]Atarah[/name_f] meaning crown, and [name_f]Maelie[/name_f] meaning princess. [name_m]How[/name_m] precious. :heart:
[name_f]Celia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemond[/name_f] ([name_m]Seel[/name_m]-yah [name_f]Rose[/name_f]-mund) - Sweet as pie. Genuine, loving, sincere, girly, and so feminine. Loveeee.
[name_f]Nahla[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] (Nahl-uh KO-rin) - [name_m]Just[/name_m] gorgeous. Easy to say, fun to say, a joy to hear.
[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Laurette[/name_f] (Fray-uh [name_f]Lore[/name_f]-ETT) - Loveee this one a lot. The flow is spectacular, and I adore the name [name_f]Freya[/name_f] very much, and I love that it’s a no-nickname name.

I dont even have a top 5 for girls. Girls are extremely hard for me… But Ill try.

Boys:
[name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Walter[/name_m] - [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Walter[/name_m] is my boyfriends choice.
[name_m]Warren[/name_m] [name_m]Keith[/name_m] - [name_m]Warren[/name_m] [name_m]Keith[/name_m] is my grandfathers name. I’m slightly preferring [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] to [name_m]Warren[/name_m] now, though.
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] [name_m]Mark[/name_m] - [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] is the most handsome boy name I can think of. [name_m]Mark[/name_m] is a family name.
[name_m]Maverick[/name_m] [name_m]Jon[/name_m] - I was crushing on [name_m]Maverick[/name_m] since I watched a movie called “Chasing Mavericks”. [name_m]Jon[/name_m] is a family name.
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] - [name_m]Ive[/name_m] liked [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] for a while, but pushed it aside. Until I was like “screw it. I love it”. [name_m]Robert[/name_m] is a family name.

Girls:
[name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]: [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] will be my first daughters name, its my great grandmothers name. [name_u]Love[/name_u] it!
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]: Im not even sure if I like this enough to be in my top 5 names… She’ll definitely have a family middle name, though.

Right now

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Pepper[/name_u]
[name_f]Helen[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]

[name_u]Nico[/name_u] [name_m]Lennix[/name_m]
[name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_u]Joss[/name_u]
[name_m]Vin[/name_m] [name_m]Laszlo[/name_m]
[name_u]Seth[/name_u] [name_m]Hart[/name_m]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u] [name_m]Conall[/name_m]

Still haven’t given up on
[name_u]Jules[/name_u]
[name_u]Joss[/name_u]
[name_f]Bess[/name_f]
[name_u]Kyle[/name_u]
[name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_f]Meryl[/name_f]

Girls:
[name_u]Lyric[/name_u]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Fianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]

Boys:
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Ace[/name_m]
[name_m]Roman[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]

@twinsage - [name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is drop-dead gorgeous and pretty much perfection.

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f]

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_m]Edwin[/name_m], [name_m]Desmond[/name_m], [name_m]Calvin[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]

Boys:
1. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]: [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is my absolute most favorite name ever. It satisfies every category I find desirable in a name: literary and historical reference (specifically [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] from [name_m]Little[/name_m] Woman and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Roosevelt[/name_m], my favorite president), excellent nickname options ([name_u]Teddy[/name_u] being my favorite), honors a family member (my mother is [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] and the two names share meaning), and has other pop culture references I love associated with it or its nicknames (one that stands out is that Tedy Bruschi is my favorite NE Patriots player of all time). [name_m]David[/name_m] is my SO’s choice, and if he gets his way it will be in the first name spot in this combo. He and his BFF made a pact to name their first-born sons after one another. [name_m]David[/name_m] did, so [name_m]Jared[/name_m] wants to as well. I’m still fighting this battle. [name_m]John[/name_m] is for SO’s grandfather who recently passed away.
2. [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]: I just really love [name_m]Elijah[/name_m], and [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] is for [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]. [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] is one I love as well. In retrospect, this one pales in comparison to a lot of my other names as far as meaning, but I still love it.
3. [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_u]Rene[/name_u]: [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] is one I am name crushing on right now, so it may not last. [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] is my father’s middle name, and he is the third in the line with that name. Before the three, there were two (that I know of) with the first name [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]. So a long history of that name in my family. [name_u]Rene[/name_u] is my cousin’s middle name, but, more importantly, my Pepere (great-greandfather)'s middle name. Really pulls at my [name_m]French[/name_m] roots.
4. [name_m]Desmond[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Beau[/name_m]: Another where I really just love all of the names together. Though there have been some [name_m]Williams[/name_m] in my family tree, most importantly my great Uncle [name_m]Bill[/name_m], who was one of the best men I knew. He had some demons from WWII, but was always the sweetest guy and the life of the party right up to his death. And he loved his family more than anything, so much that he overlooked all your flaws and helped no matter what. Oh, getting choked up as I write this. I miss him. [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Desmond[/name_m] [name_m]Beau[/name_m] would also be an option.
5. [name_u]Logan[/name_u] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] Knightley: This one would be least likely to be used. I adore [name_u]Logan[/name_u], and have for quite a while. The middles are for my two favorite [name_u]Austen[/name_u] heroes, [name_m]Colonel[/name_m] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_m]Brandon[/name_m] and [name_m]George[/name_m] Knightley.

Girls:
1. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Danielle[/name_f]: [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is for my favorite literary character of all time, [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] ([name_u]Jo[/name_u]) [name_u]March[/name_u]. I wanted to be her when I was a little girl (who am I kidding, I still kind of want to be her). I only hope that if I do have a daughter whom I can name after her, that she will somehow imbue some of [name_u]Jo[/name_u]'s spunk and wisdom. [name_f]Louise[/name_f] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] are both family names, but I prefer the latter. [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] is for my SO’s brother, [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], who died about a day after he was born. I have an uncle named [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], so I didn’t want to use it for a boy and have him think it was for him, so I went with subtle.
2. [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f]: [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] and her husband [name_m]Roger[/name_m] were dear family friends from well before I was born. [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] was the kind of old lady I hope to be someday. She was sharp witted, spunky, an amazing cook, and loved fiercely. She and [name_m]Roger[/name_m] passed away together in a car crash, and, though they were taken from us far to early, I cannot help but feel that it was fitting that they went together, because they were so in love. I can’t have imagined one without the other. That is the kind of relationship I hope to have, as well. Ack. All teary again. [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is SO’s grandmother’s name, and also a sort of nickname of my grandmother, who’s actual name was [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f]. Her father and brothers called her [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] for some reason, and so the name makes me think of her as well. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is a name I love for its literary relations, its history, and its elegant simplicity. [name_f]My[/name_f] father, who is the third with his name, goes by [name_u]Jay[/name_u], so my sister was given the middle name [name_f]Jayne[/name_f]. I think I will continue the tradition to honor them both.
3. [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]/[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]: I am a little undecided with the last middle for this, because I like [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] with a below name combo as well… anyhoo. [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is a name I adore. It hits my literary and history boxes nicely. [name_f]Frances[/name_f] is a family name that I find very appealing. [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] is also a family name. [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] is my Grammy’s name. I love my Grammy. She is my kindred spirit. We just get one another, even when we don’t, if that makes any sense.
4. [name_f]Clarity[/name_f]/[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f] [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u]/[name_u]Lee[/name_u]: Okay. Options. I adore [name_f]Clarity[/name_f]. I think it has a great ring to it, an excellent meaning, and great nickname options ([name_u]Clare[/name_u], [name_f]Clary[/name_f]). But I also love [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]. It is more of a traditional name, not so out there, but I’m not sure I care about that. It still can have the same nicknames. Bonus points for being similar to to my sister’s name, [name_f]Marissa[/name_f]. But that is also why SO is leaning more [name_f]Clarity[/name_f]. [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f] I love, I think it is beautiful. Also, SO’s brother is [name_u]Jesse[/name_u], so that is a nice association. [name_u]Lee[/name_u] is SO and his mother’s middle name. I happen to like the [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] spelling better, but I’m going to be hard pressed to convince SO that the spelling change isn’t significant.
5. [name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Lucille[/name_f]: I adore the name [name_u]Avery[/name_u], which is odd because it is so unlike other names I love. [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] was my grandmother’s middle name. I am not a huge fan of her first name, [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f], but I adore [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]. She passed away this past winter, and I still get sad that she will never get to meet my children. And [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] again, for my Grammy. So this is really a grandmother name, all the way.

Top 5 boys:
[name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] [name_m]Gatsby[/name_m]-After my grandfather [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] and my favorite novel.
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Foster[/name_m]-[name_m]Foster[/name_m] is after my grandfather.
[name_m]Marshall[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]-After [name_m]Thurgood[/name_m] [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] which ties into my career.
[name_m]Grayson[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]-I just really like these names together.
[name_m]Hayes[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]-I don’t know why but I’ve been crushing on [name_m]Hayes[/name_m] for 4 years now.

Top 5 girls:
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]-I’ve loved [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] for awhile. If I do have a [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] [name_m]Gatsby[/name_m] I would choose [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] or [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f].
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]-After [name_m]Gilmore[/name_m] Girls who everyone says my mother and I remind them of.
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u]-After my great grandmother.
[name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]-I just love the frilliness of [name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f] paired with the down to earth [name_f]Jane[/name_f].
[name_f]Calla[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]-[name_f]My[/name_f] recent love.

Girls:
[name_f]Mykah[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_m]Chayse[/name_m] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
Klae [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_m]Levi[/name_m]-[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_u]Easton[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabelle[/name_f]

Boys:
[name_m]Kavanaugh[/name_m] [name_u]West[/name_u]
Huckston [name_m]Tanner[/name_m]
[name_m]Shepard[/name_m] [name_m]Ramsay[/name_m]
[name_m]Kanaan[/name_m] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]
Texon [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]

Girls:

1. [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Cathleen[/name_f] - [name_f]My[/name_f] daughter’s name. :slight_smile: She is 3.5 years old and I loved the name [name_f]Nora[/name_f] SEVERAL years even before I was pregnant with her. [name_f]Cathleen[/name_f] is the Irish version of my mother’s name.

2. [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Johanna[/name_f] - I like how it is a pretty flower yet not overly frilly. It’s still spunky and bold… not too delicate. [name_f]Johanna[/name_f] is a combination of my [name_f]MIL[/name_f]'s middle name and my paternal grandmother’s first name. I love how it sounds with [name_f]Iris[/name_f].

3. [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] - I just love how [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is sophisticated yet not stuffy. I love [name_m]French[/name_m] names and culture. [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is a name I’ve always loved and it’s the female version of my FIL’s middle name.

4. [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] - I have loved [name_f]Margot[/name_f] since I was a little girl. Again, [name_m]French[/name_m]. But it’s also spunky and fun. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is a great classic to balance it out and is a variant of my [name_f]MIL[/name_f]'s first name.

5. [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] - [name_f]My[/name_f] husband randomly mentioned that he liked [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] nn [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] and at first, I was surprised as I had never really given it a second thought. But, maybe a few months after he had mentioned it, I started to really love it. Again, [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is a variant of my [name_f]MIL[/name_f]'s first name.

Boys:

1. [name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] - I discovered [name_m]Declan[/name_m] about 8-9 years ago and instantly fell in love with it. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I are both mostly Irish. [name_u]James[/name_u] is my husband’s name as well as several members on both sides of our family.

2. [name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] - I just love [name_u]Finn[/name_u] - it’s simple but interesting. [name_u]James[/name_u] would sound too abrupt since [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is already one syllable which is how we came up with [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] (son of [name_u]James[/name_u]/combination of husband’s name and his only brother’s name, [name_m]Jason[/name_m]).

3. [name_m]Euan[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] - Originally I had the spelling [name_m]Ewan[/name_m], but then I saw people say it looks like you’re saying, “Ew!” to something, so I went with this spelling. I just love how it sounds.

I’m not really enamored by boy names. I used to love more… and I have a few more in my signature, but I’m not over-the-moon with them. I just find boy names a little more boring and bland. Although, I do love the name [name_m]John[/name_m] which many see as the epitome of boring and bland. I just find it so masculine and strong. It’s just SO popular which makes me nervous about ever using it realistically even though I love it. I also like [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_m]Miles[/name_m], but my daughter has a classmate named [name_u]Max[/name_u] and two classmates named [name_m]Miles[/name_m] (she goes to a small school!) and another boy in her gymnastics class named [name_m]Miles[/name_m]. I loved [name_m]Henry[/name_m] but I know a ton of people who just named their sons that. I don’t like the trendy surnames for first names (i.e. [name_u]Carter[/name_u], [name_m]Cooper[/name_m]) or overly bold/pretentious names (i.e. [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_m]Julius[/name_m])…or names that don’t feel all that masculine to me (i.e. [name_m]Julian[/name_m], [name_m]Elijah[/name_m])… So I’m kind of stuck!

Will Johann- Wih-l Yo-han: I love the name Will. I think it’s adorable on little boys, and ages well enough for an adult to wear. Johann honours my beloved grandfather who immigrated to America from Norway when he was 2 years old. When he got to America he changed his name to John.
Nico Sven- Nee- koh sveh-n: I have loved the name Nico since watching The Book Thief and falling in love with the character named Rudy. I thought he was so adorable that I obviously needed to find out who he was played by and I then found out his name is Nico Liersch. Nico also honours my Great Aunt Sigrid as Sigrid and Nico both mean victory Sven honours my grandfathers brother who immigrated from Norway when he was 3-4 years old. He changed his name to Swen when he got to America.
Luka Rion- Lou-kah Rye-ehn: I found the name Luka whilst I was watching AnastasiaRuby on youtube last summer. It’s been on my list ever since. Only recently it’s gotten back up to my top 5. Rion honours my grandmother, Marion, whom I never met, as she died a few years before I was born.
Sam Walter- Sa-m Wall-ter: When I was little (7 or 8) I SWORE I would name my 2 children Sammy and Jacob. I still love Jacob, but it’s much too popular. I still love the name Sammy, but I feel it’s a little too juvenile to use. Sam is also is my Great Grandfathers middle name. Walter is my Great Grandfathers name. (His name was Walter Sam.)
Brayden Edward- Braay-den Ed-word: I recently fell in love with the name Brayden because my favourite youtuber’s name is Brayden. He wears the name so well. Also our marching band president’s name is Braeden and he’s very cute and super nice :wink: (but he’s a senior :() Edward is my grandfathers name and would have been my middle name, had I been a boy.

Nola Malena- Noe-lah Mah-leen-ah: Just absolutely in LOVE with the name Nola. It’s spunky but girly and I can picture it on a baby, toddler, child, teenager, adult, and elder. Malena is my mom’s middle name. Malena is her Godmother and her Aunt.
Eve Adalia- E-veh Uh-dayl-yaI recently found Eve and it’s so gorgeous. I love palindrome names because they’re so cute and so uncommon! Adalia honours my Great Aunt (in a very far fetched way). My Great Aunt’s middle name is Mona. Mona means noble good, and Adalia means Noble. Nobody will understand but Eve Adalia sounds so regal and royal.
Lila Jude- Lye-lah Jew-d: I don’t know why I love Lila, but I do. Ever since I found out how to correctly pronounce Lila, it’s been on my list. Jude honours my cousin Judy. Lila Jude sounds so SPUNKY and I think it works well on a tomboy or a girly girl.
Adia Mae- Aye-dee-ah Maye: Earlier this year (February) I went to a church camp and I stayed in a cabin with a girl named Adia. When I first meet her I swooned over her name. But then I went home and kind of forgot about it. Then, earlier today I read one of @lawsonhaley threads about gems from the 1800’s (or something like that) and re-fell in love. Mae honours my mom, Mary.
Salem Rose- Say-lem Rohse: I found Salem on a TV show called Preacher’s Daughters. The main character Koby has a sister who has a daughter named Salem. Kind of forgot about until the other day. Rose is my middle name and my Grandma’s name.

Yikes. I don’t have five combos; I can never seem to settle on them! Also, my top 10s have recently undergone dramatic [for me] shakeups.

[name_u]Kieran[/name_u] - I just really love how this name feels. Like, I can’t imagine a person named [name_u]Kieran[/name_u]/[name_m]Kiran[/name_m] being anything but wonderful and pleasant and sweet. Also, I’m Irish[-American], and if my future kids don’t end up having my Irish last name, it’d be nice to give them Irish firsts/middles.
[name_m]Emrys[/name_m] - I’m a total mythology nerd and I adore [name_m]Merlin[/name_m]. Also, I love the sound of [name_m]Emrys[/name_m].
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] - I love the contrast of handsome but stodgy [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] and edgier, more casual nn [name_u]Mal[/name_u]. I’d probably use [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m] ____ (my uncle’s name and my brother’s middle) or [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] [name_u]Aden[/name_u] ____ (an anagram of my grandmother’s name, [name_f]Edna[/name_f].)
[name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] - I don’t know if I’m brave enough to use [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] in the first name spot (it’ll probably end up as a mn for [name_u]Kieran[/name_u]), but I love it. And there are very few boys’ names I like, much less love, so that’s a big deal.
[name_m]Prosper[/name_m] - A relatively new addition to my list, and something of a wild card. [name_f]My[/name_f] love for it waxes and wanes a lot; like with [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] I don’t know whether I’m brave enough to use it as a first. I added it to the list after deciding I liked it better than [name_m]Prospero[/name_m] (a [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] character I strongly identify with.)

[name_f]Viola[/name_f] Belphoebe [name_f]Alice[/name_f] - The only name on my list that has a full combo. [name_f]Viola[/name_f] is my #1 favorite name of all time, in part thanks to Twelfth [name_m]Night[/name_m] and She’s the [name_m]Man[/name_m] and in part because I just love the sound. Belphoebe is there because I think it’s more interesting than [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and because I love that virginal woodland huntress aesthetic, and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] for [name_f]Alice[/name_f] in Wonderland.
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f] - [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] has always been on my radar, but even though I love it I’ve been hesitant to add it to my top 10 for a long time because it just didn’t seem all that wearable on a real person and there are so many different pronunciations. Fast forward to now: I’m a huge Orphan [name_m]Black[/name_m] fan and I’ve heard the name enough on that show to convince me that it’s totally wearable on a real person. Recently it’s climbed up my list incredibly fast. [name_f]My[/name_f] tentative combo for it is [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_f]Viviane[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f].
[name_f]Ismay[/name_f] - I have trouble articulating exactly why I love this one, but I do. It’s been my #2 girls’ name since around when I joined nameberry and was just recently demoted to #2. I still love it, though. I used to have the combo [name_f]Ismay[/name_f] [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] [name_f]Lenore[/name_f], but lately I think it needs spicing up.
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] ___ - [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] is one of my oldest name loves; I was obsessed with it as a kid/preteen and haven’t really stopped loving it since. [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] is relatively new to my list, and feels totally unexpected, but once I discovered that the middle part was pronounced like “[name_f]Jen[/name_f]” and not “[name_u]Jean[/name_u],” I fell in love. And [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] is really the only name on my list that it pairs well with, so Greek overload it is.
[name_f]Ailsa[/name_f] - [name_f]Ailsa[/name_f] is actually #7 on my list, because I force myself to think of Belphoebe and [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] as middles only. I first came across it as a kid as the name of the mermaid protagonist of one of my favorite short stories, Kraken, and have since fallen even more in love with its windy-cliffs-and-churning-sea-foam feel and awesome meaning (“elf victory” or “magic victory.”)

I’m never too sure about top names and combos, especially on boys but I’ll try and make sense of it…

1. [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Marcel[/name_m] - I am absolutely in love with [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], I don’t care about the popularity, if I ever have a son, his name will be [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], and hopefully his middle name will be [name_m]Marcel[/name_m], which honours my dad. [name_m]Will[/name_m] most likely be called by his full name or nn [name_u]Ollie[/name_u]

2. [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] - I really love [name_m]Henry[/name_m], with the possible nn of [name_m]Hal[/name_m], and [name_m]David[/name_m] is a naming tradition on the boys side of my family, and it honours my dad and my brother. I want to continue the tradition, because I don’t think my brother will. Also, [name_m]David[/name_m] Tennant is brilliant :slight_smile:

3. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] - I love [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and it has a bonus of being an obscure link to my childhood and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] honours my brother. I’d probably nn him [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] when he’s older.

4. [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] - I love the sound and meaning of [name_m]Felix[/name_m], and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is just an awesome name

5. [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]/[name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] - [name_m]Charles[/name_m] is okay, but I really love [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]. But I am one of those annoying people who will always want a full name instead of a nn name. I will probably go with [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] anyway, it just so gorgeous. I love the sound of [name_m]Benedict[/name_m], and if I’m honest with myself, it’s also after a certain Mr. Cumberbatch.

Girls!

1. [name_f]Melody[/name_f] [name_f]Carina[/name_f] - I really love this name with all my heart. I love music and [name_f]Melody[/name_f] just sounds so gorgeous. [name_f]Carina[/name_f] is a variant of my mum’s name. Nn [name_u]Mel[/name_u] or [name_f]Mellie[/name_f]

2. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] - [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is just such such a beautiful name and I love the nn [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]. I an tossing up between using [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] or using [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] with a different mn. [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] is another name I love.

3. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] - the combo together is another obscure link to my childhood and I also love the names individually. I also love the nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u].

4. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] - [name_f]Clara[/name_f] (CLAH-ra) is a name I love with the added bonus of being a [name_m]Doctor[/name_m] Who companion and having the cute nn [name_f]Clari[/name_f]. [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] is after [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_m]Granger[/name_m], the only fictional character I would name my daughter after. She is a great role model for girls and I would be proud to say I named my daughter after her.

5. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] - I really like the vintage spunk of [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and it lets me use the nn [name_f]Zelie[/name_f]. [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] is sort of after my mum as she loves that name.

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u] NN [name_f]Addy[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowen[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] NN [name_f]Roe[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] NN [name_f]Rhia[/name_f]
[name_f]Saffron[/name_f] [name_f]Ava[/name_f] NN [name_f]Sasa[/name_f]

[name_m]Ephraim[/name_m] [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Liam[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Auden[/name_u] NN [name_m]Bas[/name_m]
[name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] NN Zar
[name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_u]Frost[/name_u]

1. [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] - Our son’s name, which I’m absolutely in love with. [name_m]William[/name_m] is so handsome and regal, but the nickname [name_m]Liam[/name_m] is cute, fun, and honors our joint Irish heritage. We chose [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] because I really love the story of the [name_f]Magi[/name_f] in the Bible, plus it’s just a strong, all-around awesome name.

2. [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] (or [name_m]Dominic[/name_m]) [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] - [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] has always been my all-time favorite boys’ name, but since DH won’t agree to it – he thinks [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] is too close to [name_m]Colin[/name_m], our nephew’s name – I also like [name_m]Dominic[/name_m] as a substitute, since it also has [name_u]Nick[/name_u] as a nickname, which I love. (It was also my grandfather’s middle name, but I don’t place much importance on family names, personally.) [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] has special meaning because we met on [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]'s [name_u]Day[/name_u].

3. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Crispin[/name_m] - [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is another long time love, with family ties for both of us (as a surname on his side, and as my great-grandfather’s middle name, which he went by). I love the “x” and the “z” sound! And though I have yet to get DH on board with [name_m]Crispin[/name_m], it’s still my top choice of middle for [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. I like that it’s similar to DH’s middle name [name_m]Christopher[/name_m], but more unexpected.

4. [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] - I used to think [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] would always be associated with the crab and, thus, unusable, but after coming across several other fictional Sebastians, I changed my mind and fell HARD. In fact, [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] might even surpass my love of [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] if it wasn’t for the fact that I don’t care for any of the nicknames. It’s really too bad. As for [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], it’s a name I don’t actually care for as a first name, but find absolutely gorgeous as a middle. I think it sounds especially good with [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m].

5. [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Marius[/name_m] - I’ve always thought that [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] was such a sweet and gentle name, yet still very handsome. I’m not 100% about [name_m]Marius[/name_m], but we do like that it can be seen as a masculine form of [name_f]Mary[/name_f] (one of DH’s favorites) and is the name of a character in one of my favorite musicals, [name_u]Les[/name_u] Miserables.

(Copy-pasting the girls’ list from another top five thread)

1. [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Theophania[/name_f] - Down in my signature, you can see that I have [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Theophania[/name_f], nickname [name_f]Zoe[/name_f], as a possibility for a future daughter, but if I didn’t have to take my husband’s opinion into account – he’s not a huge fan of [name_f]Zoe[/name_f], due to a bad association – I would go straight to [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Theophania[/name_f] instead. I’ve loved [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] for practically forever. I love the meaning (“life”), love that it starts with a zippy Z, and love that it sounds both spunky and elegant. [name_f]Theophania[/name_f] is a newer love, but I fell hard for it. It’s very similar in sound to [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f], which was one of my very first name loves, and I like the connection to the feast of [name_f]Epiphany[/name_f], celebrating the magi visiting baby [name_m]Jesus[/name_m].

2. [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] - This will be the name of our first daughter, due in [name_f]September[/name_f]. I kind of inherited my love of the name [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] from my mother, who wanted to name my little sister [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] until my father vetoed it. I think she’ll love having a granddaughter named [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] since she never got to use her favorite name herself, and I also think it’s cool that it can be shortened to [name_f]Cate[/name_f], which was my paternal grandmother’s maiden name. [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] honors my husband love of [name_m]Hamlet[/name_m] (although he’s actually not a fan of the character), plus I just think it is one of the most beautiful names in the world.

3. [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] - [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] is my confirmation name, which I chose because I love the story of St. [name_f]Veronica[/name_f]. I’m also a huge fan of “V” names, and I really like the “nic” sound at the end of the name, which shows up in several of my other favorite names ([name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] and [name_m]Dominic[/name_m]). [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] is stunning, simply stunning. I’m not sure which is prettier: [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] or [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]. They’re pretty much tied for the title of “Most Beautiful Name” in my book.

4. [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] - [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is on of my favorite names to say. It just has such a fun and peppy sound. I also admire the mythological [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] for her clever mind and her fidelity. [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] is another V name I love (for a boy or a girl), and has special meaning for us because my husband and I met on [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]'s [name_u]Day[/name_u].

5. [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] [name_f]Cecile[/name_f] - As somebody who was named for both her grandmothers, I’m not really a fan of family names. I think it’s more special to give a child a name chosen uniquely for them, not to honor somebody else. However, with great-grandmothers with names as gorgeous as [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] and [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], it seems a shame to discount them just because they happen to be family names. Besides, Great-Grandmother [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] hated her name and preferred to be called [name_f]Nancy[/name_f], and [name_f]Cecile[/name_f] is a variation of [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], so the combo doesn’t feel quite so honoring. I just really love the names!

[name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_m]Jago[/name_m] / [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_m]Willem[/name_m] / [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Christian[/name_m]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Donovan[/name_m] [name_m]Jago[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Lacey[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]

[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] and [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] are tied - I love [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] more, but it’s not usable where I live, though [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] is. Eugh.

[name_m]Collin[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] nn [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] nn [name_m]Dex[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] nn [name_u]Jamie[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] nn [name_u]Jo[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] nn [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_f]Colleen[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Caelyn[/name_f] josephine

[name_m]Eamon[/name_m] [name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m] [name_u]Seth[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Leora[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Amalia[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]

I have reasons for why I love these, but it’s late, so I’ll just do the names.

[name_f]Pandora[/name_f] [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] [name_f]Fae[/name_f]
[name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
Rowenna Ailith [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Morgana[/name_f] [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_f]Clio[/name_f]

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_m]Sherlock[/name_m] [name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Blaise[/name_u]
[name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Remus[/name_m]
[name_m]Artemus[/name_m] [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] [name_m]Malik[/name_m]
[name_m]Horatio[/name_m] [name_m]Albert[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m]