[name_m]Anders[/name_m] [name_u]Grove[/name_u]
Roane [name_m]Calloway[/name_m]
[name_u]Barrett[/name_u] [name_m]Alistair[/name_m]

Girls:
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] “[name_f]Emily[/name_f]”
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Reagan[/name_u]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Erin[/name_f] (Can’t use [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] though)

Boys:
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_m]Aaron[/name_m]
[name_u]Keegan[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_u]Dylan[/name_u]
[name_u]Riley[/name_u] [name_u]Noah[/name_u]

[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] (for now. I’m not 100% on [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]…)
[name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_m]Ian[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m]

… and either [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Gaspard[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] “[name_u]Sam[/name_u]” or [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [something something]. Or MAYBE [name_m]Graham[/name_m] nn [name_u]Gray[/name_u].

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] “[name_f]Bella[/name_f]/[name_u]Issy[/name_u]”
[name_f]Arianne[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] “[name_u]Ari[/name_u]”
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Camille[/name_f] (for lack of a better combo!) “[name_f]Liv/name_f/[name_f]Olive[/name_f]”
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] “[name_f]Violet[/name_f]/[name_f]Lottie[/name_f]” (or possibly Liddy, [name_f]Lettie[/name_f], or even [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], but I know they’re all a stretch, save [name_f]Lettie[/name_f]…)

… and either [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [something something] “[name_f]Lily[/name_f]”, [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] “[name_f]Leni[/name_f]”, [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [something something] “[name_f]Lottie[/name_f]”, [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [something something] “[name_u]Kit[/name_u]/[name_f]Cate[/name_f]”, [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [something] “[name_f]Emmy[/name_f]”, or even [name_f]Eva[/name_f] Madelief [something] “[name_f]Evie[/name_f]/[name_f]Eva[/name_f]” (possibly even [name_f]Evie[/name_f] Roo or [name_f]Eve[/name_f]-[name_f]Claire[/name_f]/[name_f]Evie[/name_f]-[name_f]Claire[/name_f], if I used [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] or [name_f]Claire[/name_f] as the second middle).

And alas. Yes, my list is in shambles, thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] - this would have been my sons name if he’d been a girl. Of all the sweet vintage names I love, [name_f]Clara[/name_f] feels perfect. Familiar but not overused, classy but without trying too hard, pretty but serious. And I just love saying it. [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is a little unexpected but compliments [name_f]Clara[/name_f] well.

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] - this is my top name for a second child. I love how [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is a strong name with a lot of history but with a slightly quirky, fanciful feel. Exactly like my sons name. I love that there would be a choice of nicknames too ([name_f]Tilly[/name_f]/[name_f]Tilda[/name_f]). I love [name_f]Claire[/name_f] now that it’s not in use much.

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Emme[/name_f] - I love how [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] sounds aloud, I love the nickname Fliss and the meaning is wonderful (happiness, fortune).

[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Emma[/name_f] - this name feels really adaptable to me. She can be British upper class but also a tom-boy. She can be playful and fun or mature and serious. She’s a character from [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u] but also a modern girl. She’s a sweet little girl with pigtails skipping to school, your favourite grandmother and everything in between.

[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] - so lady-like and pretty. Very grown up for a little girl, like trying on her mothers stilettos and costume jewellery but so precious and adorable. I heard of a baby [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] recently and my heart melted, such a beautiful choice.

[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] - my son’s name. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband picked [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] out of a very long list so it means a lot to me that it was his favourite. I was drawn to the biblical character, the scribe and prophet. It gives the name a serious, historical side. I imagine a studious little boy but the Z in it keeps it feeling fresh and lively. I love that it is still very underused but nods towards modern trends. [name_u]Michael[/name_u] is a family name so is important to me but also a time-tested name that fits like an old pair of comfy jeans.

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] - my top pick for a second son. It has many of the same qualities as [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], with a sophisticated side and a young trendy side, with biblical roots. Another short, snappy name.

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] - this sounds slightly pretentious but [name_u]Theo[/name_u] is a fresh, usable nickname although far too popular in my area. [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] has special meaning for me and the whole name sounds so gentlemanly and just makes me swoon.

[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] - this has moved down my list a bit recently but both names have that strong biblical base with a fresh, modern feel. [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] sounds like such a bouncy name with a lot of energy.

[name_m]Otis[/name_m] - I can’t use this as it doesn’t go with my last name so haven’t put any thought into middle names but i really want to see it used more! Seems like a perfect name to me.

Boys:
Gabriel David - Gabriel came by way of Gabe, or rather Gabey. I had seen a movie with Gene Kelly in which is character’s name was Gabey and I liked the idea of the nn Gabe. Dh stole this name off my list though :wink: and David is dh and fil’s mns. And for what it’s worth we rarely call our ds Gabe is usually Gabriel, maybe when he grows older?

Justin Daniel - this was going to be my name had I been a boy. I thought I’d honor my mom by using this name. Daniel is also dh’s brother’s mn.

John Nikodemus - Nikodemus was dh’s name pick. I wasn’t too keen on it but I liked Nicholas/Nick so I was ok with it if we could call him Nick. It took me four years but it grew on me and now I love this name. John was a name dh really liked and went well with Nikodemus as the mn.

Israel Foster - Foster is my grandfather’s mn, and my uncle’s, and cousin’s, and cousin’s son and had history behind it before my grandfather received it. Israel I just think is a really cool underused biblical name. This was going to be Justin’s name before I decided to go with it.

Jethro ? - Jethro I fell in love with it when I remembered the biblical connection of Moses’ fil and the great advice he had for Moses. It fits our naming theme. I’m not sure if we’ll be ever be brave enough to use it though. He’ll always get references to the Beverly Hillbillies or to NCIS. Though Gibbs does make the name cool imo. :slight_smile:

Girls:
Josephine Helen Hope - I’ve probably loved the name Josephine/Jo since my mom read Little Women to me. I though it was so neat to have such a feminine name with such a boyish nn. I didn’t consider it for a dd’s name until I was pg with my dd. Helen is my mom’s name and grandma’s mn. Hope because it just wouldn’t leave me alone. Every since my third son was born Hope has been following me around and it just had to be part of the name.

Samantha Joan ? - Samantha/Sam is dh’s pick. He just likes the name. Joan is my mil’s name. He want’s to add a virtue name as her second mn, but hasn’t decided what. I’m pushing for Joy or Jubilee or Shalom or Serenity.

Katherine Winter Karis - I’m not a big fan of Katherine, but do like the nn’s Kate and Katie. Winter was at one time a mn pick of dh’s. Karis a form of Charity by way of Carys fits with our virtue second mn theme.

Virginia Autumn/Summer Verity - really liking the nn Ginger. Autumn or Summer possibly depending on when she’s born? Though I think dh liked Autumn better. Verity, virtue name.

I don’t have a fifth girl name at this time. Boy names are way easier, which is kind of funny since I have three and only one girl. I have lots of girl names I like but not enough to be on the list.

Boys
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Callum[/name_m]
[name_m]Jed[/name_m] ([name_m]Jedidiah[/name_m])

Girls
[name_f]Willa[/name_f] ([name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f])
[name_f]Selah[/name_f]
[name_u]Romy[/name_u] ([name_f]Rosemary[/name_f])
[name_f]Lettie[/name_f] ([name_f]Arletta[/name_f])
[name_f]Tilly[/name_f] ([name_f]Matilda[/name_f])

[name_f]Keira[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f] [name_u]Elia[/name_u]

[name_m]Cillian[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m] [name_m]Archer[/name_m]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]

[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]

[name_u]Seth[/name_u]
[name_m]Marcus[/name_m]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Stefan[/name_m]

Girls:
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Marjorie[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliette[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

Boys:
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_f]England[/name_f]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_f]England[/name_f]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m]

This is going to be tricky! I am having a hard time with middle names and I find my favourites flip and flop every month or so. Here is what I have for now:

Girls

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] ([name_f]Rosie[/name_f])
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] ([name_f]Nora[/name_f])
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_u]Lane[/name_u] ([name_f]Zuzu[/name_f])
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] ([name_m]German[/name_m] pronunciation: [name_m]Add[/name_m]-ah-lei-ee-da; [name_f]Ida[/name_f] [ ee-da] for short)

Boys

[name_u]Asa[/name_u] Vonnegut
[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m] ([name_u]Max[/name_u])
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_u]Rex[/name_u]
[name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] ([name_u]Teddy[/name_u])
X [name_m]Phillip[/name_m]

Boys:

1. [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
  2. [name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_m]Emrys[/name_m]
  3. [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] ([name_m]Tom[/name_m]) [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
  4. [name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
  5. [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]

Girls:

1. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Florence[/name_f] ([name_f]Flo[/name_f]) [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] ([name_u]Sasha[/name_u]) [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]

[name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Romilly[/name_f]- [name_f]Lila[/name_f] was my first jazz and competition dance teacher. She’s the reason I joined competition team when I was eight, oh so long ago. I love how meaningful [name_f]Lila[/name_f] is but she’s also very girly and spunky. [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] is a guilty pleasure of mine. I love [name_f]Romilly[/name_f], but not enough to put it in the first name slot.

[name_f]Adalyn[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]- I’ve loved [name_f]Adalyn[/name_f] for almost two years now. I know she’s very trendy, but [name_f]Adalyn[/name_f] to me is very innocent and sweet. [name_f]Adalyn[/name_f] also honors my sisters.

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]- I’ve been in love with [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] ever since my sister [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] had an adorable little girl on her soccer team with the name. That was the first time I had ever heard the name and I haven’t met another! [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is so sweet and sugary with a little spice at the end with the V. [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] is very spunky and lovely and adds a fierceness to the name.

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]- [name_m]How[/name_m] do I describe [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]? [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] is NOT [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] (in fact I’ve hated the name [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] since I was very young). [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] is spunky, fierce, sassy, and also beautiful, classic, and fun all at the same time. I’ve had many favorite characters named [name_f]Sadie[/name_f].

[name_f]Leonor[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]- I saw [name_f]Leonor[/name_f] on a blog post on here at the beginning of summer and fell head-over-heels in love. I detest [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] but for some reason [name_f]Leonor[/name_f] just strikes me as stunning. [name_f]Leonor[/name_f] is classic but is more unheard of than [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is a favorite of mine but she’s getting too popular.

[name_u]Carter[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]- [name_u]Carter[/name_u] has been up there in my favorite names since I became a namenerd. I’ve seen Carters who are nerdy, brave, tough, and everything in between so I love how many ways a boy named [name_u]Carter[/name_u] can be. [name_u]James[/name_u] is after my grandpas, both named [name_u]James[/name_u] and when my Gramps died last [name_u]November[/name_u] I swore to myself that my first son would have the middle name [name_u]James[/name_u].

[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u]- Believe it or not, a long time ago I liked [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] on a girl. Now I’m offended if someone says that. [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] is soft but masculine. I’ve never met anyone named [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] except for my friend’s dog. [name_u]Elias[/name_u] is a family name from way back that I found when doing research for [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]'s middle name.

[name_m]Torin[/name_m] [name_m]Matthias[/name_m]- A couple years ago when I was about to be confirmed, I went on a church retreat with the rest of my class from church. One of the counselors was named [name_m]Torin[/name_m] which I thought was stunning when I first heard the name. The counselor was very funny and enjoyable in himself but whenever someone addressed him I kept thinking what a cool name [name_m]Torin[/name_m] was. [name_m]Matthias[/name_m] is another guilty pleasure but he’s also a Catholic saint which is an added bonus. I keep switching between one and two T’s ([name_m]Matthias[/name_m] vs. [name_m]Mathias[/name_m]).

[name_m]Archer[/name_m] [name_u]Murray[/name_u]- I don’t know the origin of [name_m]Archer[/name_m], I just know one day I decided to add him to my list. I don’t have much to say for [name_m]Archer[/name_m], but I love how strong and unexpected he is. [name_u]Murray[/name_u] is a family name. I love how the combo mixes classic with modern and quirky.

[name_m]Nolan[/name_m] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m]- I have a thing for Irish names. [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] is no exception. [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] is masculine, strong, quirky, basically the only thing I don’t like about him is [name_m]Nolan[/name_m]'s popularity. [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] is just a name I like with [name_m]Nolan[/name_m]. I like how it’s longer to balance the two out.

Honorable mentions:
[name_u]Adair[/name_u] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] Magdelen
[name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]

[name_m]Canaan[/name_m] [name_u]Percy[/name_u]
[name_m]Ryder[/name_m] [name_m]Matthias[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u]

Boys:
[name_m]Finnley[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] ([name_f]My[/name_f] [name_m]Son[/name_m])
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Norman[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m] [name_m]Timothy[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]

Girls:
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] ([name_f]My[/name_f] Daughter)
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]

Momo [name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_u]Dagny[/name_u] [name_m]Noble[/name_m]
Etsuko [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]
[name_u]Wallie[/name_u] [name_f]Theodosia[/name_f]
[name_u]Andy[/name_u] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]

[name_f]Dossie[/name_f] [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_m]Morris[/name_m] [name_m]Basil[/name_m]
[name_m]Humphrey[/name_m] [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]
[name_m]Gerald[/name_m] [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_m]Yuma[/name_m] Bloom

|Girls|

• [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Johanna[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Irene[/name_f] [name_f]Agnes[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_f]Constance[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]

|Boys|

• [name_m]Martin[/name_m] [name_u]Douglas[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]Dean[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Otis[/name_m] [name_m]Bruce[/name_m]

((This would probably change tomorrow, but here’s my tops right at this moment, in no specific order))

Boys
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] - It sounds very Euro masculine. I’ve always been completely obsessed with [name_u]London[/name_u] and this just sounds 100% like a posh [name_u]London[/name_u] guy to me. [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] is super classic but I’ve never met one, so it’s unique around my area. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] I’ve always thought sounded magnificent together and I like them both, but not enough to use them as given names. But as middles they’re ideal for me (I like 2-3-1 syllable pairings) so this is probably my #1 combo at the moment.

[name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_m]Oisin[/name_m] - It just sounds so Irish (even though [name_m]Callum[/name_m] is Scottish) that I just am in love with it. [name_m]Callum[/name_m] is a name I go back and forth on…I love C names for boys, but something about [name_m]Callum[/name_m] is hit and miss with me. But paired with [name_m]Oisin[/name_m], I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] it. I love [name_m]Oisin[/name_m], but since it would be such a hard name for anyone in my country to pronounce correctly I prefer it in the middle spot…but I feel like it’s hard to find a name that flows nicely and doesn’t clash. [name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_m]Oisin[/name_m] sounds divine to my ears. It’s a name I’ve said to myself several times and it’s just…enchanting somehow lol

[name_m]Lucian[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Thoreau[/name_m] - Probably a bit Hipster…I don’t care. [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] is just badass classic epic manliness, and it gives me [name_m]Luc[/name_m] as a nickname without having to go with the done-to-death [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]. [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is modern and a bit rustic and [name_m]Thoreau[/name_m] is just old school literary nerd chic. This combo gives me pretty much everything I love, but I don’t know if it’s too much of what I want. I think it sounds divine, but I know it probably comes off as pretentious :frowning:

[name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_u]Ellery[/name_u] [name_m]Chace[/name_m] - Another mix of classic, modern and literary…albeit less hipster than the previous ^^. [name_m]Miles[/name_m] is just jazzy and makes me think of the 1920s, which I adore. [name_u]Ellery[/name_u] is my slightly obscure literary guilty pleasure. And [name_m]Chace[/name_m] I don’t know how I came up with that one lol This is the only combo where I use the name [name_m]Chace[/name_m]…I just think it fits

[name_u]Calder[/name_u] [name_m]Julian[/name_m] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] - [name_u]Calder[/name_u] is a little trendy now, so I worry about it aging badly…but I’ve had it on my list for years because I’m a massive hockey fan and I wanted some kind of connection without being tacky or blatant. [name_m]Julian[/name_m] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] is a middle name combo that I pair with almost every first name at one point or another. It’s probably my favorite MN combo. I love [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] on its own, (thanks to [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Gilles[/name_m] for that one) but I only love [name_m]Julian[/name_m] if it’s paired with [name_m]Elijah[/name_m].

(Others that just missed:)
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Malone[/name_m]
[name_m]Findley[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]
[name_m]Talon[/name_m] Syracuse
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]

Girls
[name_f]Ava[/name_f]-[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] - I don’t know what I love about [name_f]Ava[/name_f]-[name_f]Jane[/name_f]. I usually hate hyphenated first names, and for a while I was considering using just [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] as the full combo…but it felt unfinished. And I knew that I’d always call her [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] anyway, so I decided [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] was just going to be the full first name. If I don’t have to hyphenate it, I won’t. [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] did come from [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m]…yes I know the [name_m]Hamlet[/name_m] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] goes crazy and dies…but it’s such a gorgeous name that I don’t think the name should be relegated on one “bad” character in one play. And if [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] can be a perfectly sensible name, I think [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] can, as well. It’s a name I think we can “take back” so to speak.

Illyria [name_f]Jovienne[/name_f] - Illyria is another (less morose) Shakespearean name…although technically according to the database here it is not a name :-/ I adore Twelfth [name_m]Night[/name_m], but I’m not a fan of [name_f]Viola[/name_f] or [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]…but I was always drawn to Illyria. I don’t think it’s at ALL out of the realm of normal names. It reminds me a lot of some of my other favorites ([name_f]Emilia[/name_f], [name_f]Iliana[/name_f], [name_f]Aria[/name_f], etc) only a bit more stylish and “frilly,” if you will. And [name_f]Jovienne[/name_f] I think sounds divine. I have both [name_f]Vienne[/name_f] and [name_f]Jovie[/name_f] on my list, but I think [name_f]Jovienne[/name_f] is precious and unique without being tacky…it’s one of the few mashup names that I don’t mind. And technically I believe it’s a legit name anyway.

[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] - [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] is both sweet and kind of spunky. I can picture it on a tall, raven haired tattooed chick and a quiet little bohemian brunette and everything in between. Feminine, classic, underused, another name that sounds very European to me. And [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] is a name I wasn’t familiar with until seeing [name_m]Midnight[/name_m] In [name_u]Paris[/name_u]. It was mentioned in one very small, very quick line ([name_m]Tom[/name_m] Hiddleston’s character says “Oh, [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]” or something equally inconsequential) and I’ve been hooked since.

[name_f]Saskia[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] - [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] is such a unique name that I don’t know if I can picture it on anybody…but I feel like if there was ever any baby girl that fit the name [name_f]Saskia[/name_f], it would be one of mine. It’s kind of spunky and boyish, but wildly feminine and beautiful and versatile…and I love the nickname Sasi. [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] is such a classic name that I think it balances the offbeat first a bit, without clashing. I think they work well together and flow easily. I like the initials SE, as well, because I could make the nn [name_f]Essie[/name_f] work, in addition to Sasi. I like having options, especially with a more difficult or unique first name.

[name_f]Irie[/name_f] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u] - This is the most modern/unique/new age of all of my combos, but it’s also sort of the most personal and meaningful. [name_f]Irie[/name_f] is a Jamaican word and it means something along the lines of feeling pleasant, happiness, general contentedness…but in a less simplistic, more spiritual context, like perfect peace and harmony in yourself. This is a name I first came to when I met one of my best friends several years ago. He identifies strongly with the Rastafari movement and it was something I came to respect and understand and appreciate over the years, and the word [name_f]Irie[/name_f] that he had tattooed on his chest always resonated with me. I don’t know if [name_f]Irie[/name_f] is something that I would use, though…I haven’t come across any negative reactions when I’ve mentioned it in public…but I’m not sure if there would be any cultural backlash from a white American girl using [name_f]Irie[/name_f] for her daughter’s name, as much as I would love to. I know a lot of people think caucasians shouldn’t use names that come out of minority cultures, and I wouldn’t want any kind of negativity to fall on my future child. But I just adore it and it makes me sad knowing that I probably can never use it. It’s such a beautiful name and meaning. As for the rest of the name, [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] references my favorite season (I would live in a state of perpetual [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] if I could, no lie) and [name_u]James[/name_u] is a literary name for me, after my favorite character of all time. It is a masculine name, I know, but I like it for a girls middle…especially in this combo.

(Others that just missed:)
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f] [name_f]Noa[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessamine[/name_f] [name_f]Harlow[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Aveline[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

[name_m]Alfred[/name_m] [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] ([name_u]Freddy[/name_u])
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Rufus[/name_m]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] ?

[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]

I’m really stuck at the moment, I used to love so many!

Does everyone go through stages? X

Girls:
[name_f]Clea[/name_f]
[name_u]Sloane[/name_u]
[name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]

Boys:
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_u]Seeley[/name_u] (see-lee)
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Ian[/name_m]
[name_m]Declan[/name_m]

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] Marais
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Jillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Emerald[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]

[name_m]Maddox[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Walker[/name_u]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_u]Walker[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_m]Whittaker[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] “[name_u]Andy[/name_u]”

I don’t really make combos…

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] - I really fell for this one after reading [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Eyre[/name_f]. She’s a wonderful character. I love this name for it’s versatility, frill-free femininity, and understated elegance. It feels intelligent and spirited to me. Nothing plain about it, especially when you pair it with a long, unusual middle name as I’m so fond of doing.

[name_f]Helen[/name_f] - [name_f]My[/name_f] great-grandmother’s name. She’s an incredible woman and a personal hero to me.

[name_f]Anne[/name_f] - I like this for the same reasons I like [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. I’m fond of the connections to [name_f]Anne[/name_f] Bradstreet, [name_f]Anne[/name_f] Boleyn, and [name_f]Anne[/name_f] [name_f]Shirley[/name_f] among others. [name_f]Annie[/name_f] is my favorite nickname for a girl ever.

[name_f]Cora[/name_f] - a name my mom and I have always loved

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] - I adore this for being so quirky and fun. It’s mythological, Shakespearean, and Biblical. I like the meaning and could see this on any type of girl. If she has my family’s tendency toward the eccentric, even better.

[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] - loaded with personal significance to me, but I won’t bore you all with the details.

[name_m]Edward[/name_m] - my grandmother’s maiden name is Edwards, and I love the history behind it.

[name_m]George[/name_m] - an underused, stately, handsome, but slightly quirky classic with an earthy feel

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] - I’m finding it hard to be explain my love for my boy names. I love the medieval fantasy air that [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] has because of [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. It also has a loose connection to a family surname.

[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] - a Biblical name that’s quirky and underused yet completely wearable