3. Schipperkes
  4. Harlequin Great Danes
  5. Long-haired dalmatians
  6. Am Staffs
  7. Australian Shepherds
  8. Tibetan Spaniels
  9. Shiny [name_m]Black[/name_m] Dogs!
  10. Boxer dogs

Of course the two that I owned the longest, samoyed and generic large black dog (she was some kind of border collie mix, looked like an oversized flat coat retriever). I also love huskies, pomeranians, austrianian shepherds, border collies, and my boyfriend has convinced me to love dachshunds.

We used to have a dalmation! I didn’t know there were long haired ones.

1 Like

Generic Large [name_m]Black[/name_m] Dog – love it. I like flat coated retrievers a lot too. Dachshunds are an acquired taste. A number of people I love love them, but they scare me (the neighbor’s doxies, [name_f]Oprah[/name_f] and [name_f]Reba[/name_f], killed their own cat and a raccoon under the neighbor’s house, eek).

Long-haired dalmatians are not recognized by the AKC. God knows what breeders do to them. But they are the softest, gentlest, least jittery dogs, highly preferable to their high-strung AKC recognized siblings in my opinion.

Oh my gosh, how terrible! [name_f]My[/name_f] cousins and second cousins both have had very sweet, zippy dachshunds but they’re not my usual taste. I’m very picky about which ones I find really cute.

Yeah, our dalmation was definitely high strung.

I do love flat coated retrievers :slight_smile: The retriever family in general is nice. I’ve also recently started liking some spaniels. Oh! And poodle mixes!

1 Like

My top 5 that I love personality wise/dogs that I’ve loved:

1. Viszla- hands down the best personality I’ve ever seen in a dog! hilarious, quirky, affectionate, very hyper but all around perfect
  2. Schnauzer (miniature) super sweet, easy-going, plus hypoallergenic.
  3. Chihuahua- they have a reputation for being nasty to strangers (mine definitely are) but they’re really loving with their family, really funny and sassy, and fun to put in your sweater and carry around the house :joy::heart:
  4. Pug- I’ve never owned a pug but I know one who greets you at the door with a shoe in her mouth, snorting and wiggling, and it’s the cutest thing ever
  5. Pitbull- Some of the sweetest creatures out there

Based on looks, and not knowing much about some of them, I love

1. Frenchies
  2. Pugs
  3. Shar-[name_m]Pei[/name_m]
  4. Boxers
  5. Cocker spaniel
1 Like

Cavalier [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] Spaniels
Great Danes
[name_u]Blue[/name_u] Nose Pitts
Malteses
Huskies
Goldens
[name_m]Black[/name_m] labs

My husband and I love the color of Viszlas and the color of their noses! :slight_smile: I never cared for the short-haired breeds until I adopted [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f], a Rhodesian Ridgeback/Boxer/Am [name_m]Staff[/name_m] cross who was as beautiful as [name_f]Loretta[/name_f] [name_m]Young[/name_m] in her prime with her short, chic fur coat! :slight_smile:

Nothing as sweet as a good pit.

2 Likes

Blue nose pits! I want to meet one. I love dogs like that who look like Neapolitan ice cream. :slight_smile:

1 Like

She sounds like an absolute gem! :gem:

1 Like

Boxers
[name_m]Boston[/name_m] terrier
[name_u]French[/name_u] bulldog
Rottweiler
[name_u]Golden[/name_u] retriever
Beauceron
[name_m]Cane[/name_m] corso
Am staff
Great [name_u]Dane[/name_u]
Border terrier
Doberman

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] top dog breed is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. I’ve always wanted one but my mum says no dogs :slightly_frowning_face:

Other breed I like are;
Bichon Frise
Alaskan Malamute
[name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] Spaniel
Beagle
Corgi
Yorkshire Terrier

2 Likes

I’d love to meet a Beauceron. Beautiful word too.

Cane Corsos scare me, but have only read about them.

Rotties I love. Their fur is deliciously soft.

1 Like

Husky
Alaskan Malamute
Dachshund

1 Like

I love the Northern breeds but feel like they’d suffer in [name_u]California[/name_u]’s heat.

I think [name_u]Kerry[/name_u] blue terriers are just the sweetest things.

And komondors and pulis. And pitbulls. And Afghan hounds – so majestic.

1 Like

You like dogs with interesting hair! :slight_smile:
[name_m]Will[/name_m] have to go look up [name_u]Kerry[/name_u] blues…

1 Like

My husband doesn’t do nameberry, but he loves

Dandie Dinmont Terriers (HUGE eyes!)
[name_m]Boston[/name_m] Terriers
[name_m]Pharaoh[/name_m] hounds
Salukis, Afghans, and Borzois
Cattle dogs

Never had a dog so just off the top of my head I like Cavalier [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m], Bernese [name_m]Mountain[/name_m] Dogs, and Hairless Chinese Cresteds :slight_smile:

Beagles! (I have two now and we’ve always had the same breed)
[name_u]Golden[/name_u] retrievers
Dachshunds
Corgis (SO CUTE)
Shibas
Bichon frise

Of course all dog breeds are amazing and lovely and wonderful but those are my faves.

1 Like

Irish [name_u]Red[/name_u] Setters are the most beautiful dogs!

I also love Irish Wolfhounds, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, Weimaraners, Viszlas, Dalmatians, Collies, and I’m very partial to a lurcher :heart_eyes: I know they’re not a breed per se but they are wonderful dogs.

1 Like