Your Top Dog Breeds?

Shiba Inus are so foxlike and cute!

Beagles I think are darling but everyone I have met has seemed depressed. Are they a depressed breed or am I just used to dogs with smily faces?

Red setters when they ripple as they run… magnificent! I love the red and white type too.

And great to hear a shout out to lurchers. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] dogs, never met one, hope to though.

1 Like

Really?! That’s the complete opposite of what I’ve encountered! Mine especially are always active and so very happy! I have come across some older beagles (like really old, 12-15) who weren’t as upbeat but I attributed that to old age. Maybe you’ve only met older ones? It could also depend on the owner as well. Beagles have separation anxiety so if their owners leave them alone at the house a lot, they won’t be as happy. [name_f]My[/name_f] whole family is working/going to school from home right now, so my beagles have been just the happiest little creatures!

Glad to hear beagles can be happy as punch!

The ones I met were older or lost, though less lost than out on a ramble across town of their own devising!

1 Like

I also love [name_f]English[/name_f] setters and Clumber spaniels, but mostly if they would not drool.

No question, by a long shot, border collies. [name_u]Love[/name_u] them so tremendously much.

I had a beautiful female border collie in my late teens, who got run over by a car at 4.5. So I’m terrified of ever owning one again, b/c I know how much energy they have and how much they need meaningful work. But my heart belongs to one breed only.

We currently own a black lab. He is more cat than dog - loves to lounge in odd places for hours on end. Barks enough to give warning, but wags his tail the entire time - makes friends with everyone, and puts on weight instantly. He’s also terrified of even tiny dogs.

1. Russell Terriers (different then a [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Russell[/name_m] and a [name_m]Parsons[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Russell[/name_m], smaller and more teddy bear like)
  2. English [name_m]Springer[/name_m] Spaniel
  3. St. [name_m]Bernard[/name_m] (but only the rough coats)
  4. Dalmatian
  5. Cavalier [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
  6. Cairn Terriers
  7. Scottish Terriers
  8. English Cocker Spaniel
  9. Petite [name_m]Basset[/name_m] [name_m]Griffon[/name_m] Vandeen
  10. Portuguese Podengo Pequeno (the wire haired version)

I love pretty much all dog breeds, but these are the ones that I would own or do own

1 Like