Your top names

With or without middles, its your choice, and tell me why you like them. But please, if you have a lot, please only do up to ten of them!

[name]Elizabeth[/name]- Best name ever

[name]Margo[/name]- When I like a name I look at pictures of people in magazines or online and imagine that they had whatever name. Well, to me, every single person looks better if their name is [name]Margo[/name]. I also love the way it looks and I love writing it in cursive. I basically love everything about it. [name]Marguerite[/name] is also a favorite, as a way to use [name]Margo[/name] as a nn but I really don’t like it as much as [name]Margo[/name] on it’s own.

[name]Fiona[/name]- it’s just awesome. [name]How[/name] can [name]Fiona[/name] possibly not be beautiful with a great personality? I love the [name]Fee[/name] sound, the o in the middle and the soft na ending.

[name]Dinah[/name]- I don’t know what it is but [name]Dinah[/name] is one that I always come back to.

[name]Rosalie[/name]/[name]Felicity[/name]/[name]Coralie[/name]- I just love the ee ending and that fact that they have it without being nicknames. These all sound so happy and feminine to me, but they also grow up well.

[name]Bianca[/name]/[name]Beatrix[/name]- I love these because of the B sound. [name]Bianca[/name] is beautiful and popular, [name]Beatrix[/name] is spunky and fun. I can never choose which I prefer. But hubby hates [name]Bianca[/name] and loves [name]Beatrix[/name] so I guess he’s chosen for me.

[name]Cassia[/name]/[name]Cambria[/name]/[name]Cordelia[/name]/[name]Coraline[/name]- I love [name]Cassia[/name] because it means cinnamon and I love the nn [name]Cassie[/name], I also just love the sound and look of [name]Cassia[/name] and it’s another one I love to write in cursive. I think [name]Cambria[/name] is unusual and just gorgeous. [name]Cordelia[/name] is vintage charm at it’s best, and I just really dig [name]Coraline[/name].

[name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Gwendolyn[/name]- long and awesome. I put them together because I would only use one because I wouldn’t want a [name]Penny[/name] and [name]Gwennie[/name]. I like [name]Penny[/name] more than [name]Gwennie[/name], but I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Gwen[/name]. I think [name]Gwen[/name] is sort of the ultimate cool girl name. I also love that it’s so princessy. I don’t really like the letter G though. P is my favorite letter, so happy!

Hmmm, I’m sure I’m forgetting someone.

Lindsayjenness I [name]LOVE[/name] your taste in names :slight_smile:

ok, well I guess I’ll just do girls names if I can only put 10 :slight_smile: So in no particular order …

[name]Rosalie[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name] this name, it’s light and airy and I love that it has vintage charm as well as ties to nature, only drawback is the tie to Twilight…

[name]Georgia[/name]- This name has a solid sound but at the same time has this lush and romantic texture to it

[name]Gwendolen[/name]- This name is so sweet it reminds me of a [name]German[/name] fairytale, and extra bonus it’s my mothers name and would be great way to honor an amazing woman

[name]Dinah[/name]- Underused, understated, but lovely and, for me at least, reminds me of the old westerns

[name]Oriel[/name]- Has such a soft, sweet, musical sound much like [name]Ariel[/name] but without the Mermaid

[name]Hannah[/name]- I know it’s very popular but it has this warm, sunny feeling to it and a lovely sound

[name]Holiday[/name]- I know this is kinda out of the style of the rest of my names, but I love the sound and the ties to [name]Billie[/name] [name]Holiday[/name]

[name]Laurel[/name]- Again another nature name but still feels elegant to me and dignified

[name]Maura[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this sound and I feel it fits in with other names being used while still being uncommon

[name]Greta[/name]- So sweet, again reminds me of a [name]German[/name] fairytale, and underused and could possibly be a nn for [name]Margaret[/name]

posted twice…oops

My absolute top 2 girls names are [name]Finley[/name] [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Hermione[/name]. I love their sound and flow, there meaning and their honor possibilitys.

My other top choices are [name]Riley[/name] [name]Luna[/name] and [name]Quinn[/name] [name]Miley[/name], i love those names for their sound and flow!!

Other girls names I love are [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Alyssa[/name], [name]Piper[/name], [name]Alexis[/name]/[name]Alexia[/name], [name]Taylor[/name], [name]Selena[/name]

MY top boys names are [name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Tyler[/name] and [name]Ash[/name]. [name]Just[/name] [name]Ash[/name], dont like [name]Ashton[/name] and dont like [name]Tyler[/name] and [name]Asher[/name] ([name]Asher[/name] sounds like [name]Usher[/name], yugh). Other boysnames I love are [name]Tyson[/name], [name]Jason[/name], [name]Jacob[/name], [name]Kristopher[/name], [name]Cody[/name], and liking [name]Quinten[/name] (but wouldt have a [name]Quinn[/name] and a [name]Quinten[/name])

[name]Salome[/name] - I love the sound of it, its meaning (peace) and the way it looks.
[name]Timea[/name] - tee-meh-ah (stress is on the first syllable) - one of the names I stumbled upon reading poetry (M”r Jokai), I love it! It means “highly prized”
[name]Thea[/name] - great meaning and sound, I also love [name]Alethea[/name], nn [name]Thea[/name], then the meaning would be “truth” for the whole name and “goddess” for the nickname

[name]Felix[/name] - meaning “happy”
[name]Victor[/name] - “winner”
[name]Archer[/name]

[name]Poppy[/name] [name]June[/name] [name]Jemima[/name]- I know. I’m crazy. Haha, I actually like all these names on their own a lot, but I think together they make the best combo in the world. I love [name]Poppy[/name]'s spunk and the repeating P sound is just SO attractive to me. I think [name]June[/name] is simple and sweet, but has a bit of spunk, as well. [name]Jemima[/name] is just awesome. It rolls off the tongue so nicely, has a lovely meaning and lots of sweet nns.

[name]Bryony[/name] [name]Bridget[/name] [name]May[/name] (or [name]Bridget[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] [name]May[/name])- Again, I like all these names separately, but I really like them all together. [name]Bryony[/name] is just really fun to say and I love that it’s a nature name just like [name]Poppy[/name] and my own name, [name]Lily[/name]. I also like the Atonement reference. [name]Bridget[/name] is spunky and fun. More popular than I would like, but that’s okay. For both [name]Bryony[/name] and [name]Bridget[/name], I love the nn [name]Bee[/name]. [name]May[/name] is so sweet, I can’t get over it. It would probably be my number one name if it had a nn. But it’s also one of the best middle names, so I’m alright with it in that spot.

[name]Saffron[/name] (or maybe [name]Saffira[/name])- Saffy. Enough said. No, really, isn’t that just the greatest thing ever? I particulalry like Saffon and [name]Poppy[/name] together. Or [name]Saffron[/name] and [name]Jemima[/name]. My only problem is that [name]Saffron[/name] sounds a little masculine to me. [name]Saffira[/name], on the other hand, is a bit too girly-girl. We’ll see.

[name]Lulu[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name], but 1) No one would take her seriously, and 2) double L names are so hot right now.

[name]Tuesday[/name]- I think it’s unique, without being unheard of, and I don’t think people would be asking “you named her that?” like they do with other word names. It also has cute nns.

[name]Susannah[/name]- So sweet! However, I don’t like nns [name]Anna[/name], [name]Annie[/name] or [name]Sue[/name]. [name]Susie[/name] is cute, but I think she might grow out of it? I also love the song reference.

So there you go! I guess my style is really just spunky, sweet, fun names! I can’t resist a bit of whimsy.

• Quirk

[name]Tegan[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] - I really like pairing ‘old-fashioned’ names such as [name]Cecelia[/name] with more ‘new-age’ ones, such as [name]Tegan[/name]. [name]Both[/name] [name]Tegan[/name] and [name]Cecelia[/name] are long-time favourites of mine.

[name]Marie[/name] [name]Raphaelle[/name] - I love how understated [name]Marie[/name] is. I like it paired with a long uber-French name, currently [name]Raphaelle[/name]. I don’t have a third middle, since I think that just the two names works better.

[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Anoushka[/name] [name]Mary[/name] - I much prefer [name]Elsa[/name] to the overdone [name]Ella[/name]. [name]Anoushka[/name] is a guilty pleasure sort of name for me. [name]Mary[/name] is a name I love for its simplicity; you hardly hear it on little girls nowadays.

[name]Cassius[/name] [name]Henry[/name] [name]Charles[/name] - I’ve always loved [name]Cassius[/name]. [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] are both names that I’ve always wanted to use, I find their old-fashion-ness charming.

[name]Ivor[/name]/[name]Igor[/name] [name]Amadeo[/name] [name]Benedict[/name] - Still undecided on whether I like [name]Ivor[/name] or [name]Igor[/name] more. I think the both of them are rather dapper. I like using soft-sounding names for lads, hence [name]Amadeo[/name]. [name]Benedict[/name] is another dapper name.

[name]Edgar[/name] [name]Asa[/name] [name]Shiloh[/name] - I used to adore [name]Edward[/name], but, since I strongly dislike Twilight, I decided to let it go, and instead opted to replace it with [name]Edgar[/name]. The brilliant director [name]Edgar[/name] [name]Wright[/name] bears this name, which I think gives the name a boost in the ‘coolness’ department. But, really, I couldn’t care less about being ‘cool’, I love the name. [name]Asa[/name] is a cute name, and I really like the soft sounds of [name]Shiloh[/name].

Quirk I love your names! Especially [name]Poppy[/name] [name]June[/name] [name]Jemima[/name]! So cute! I’m so in love with [name]Jemima[/name] lately! If you wanted to use [name]May[/name] as a first name, what about [name]May[/name] [name]Bridget[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] or [name]May[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] [name]Bridget[/name] nn Maybe? Or Maybee. I know, Maybe might be kind of a weird nickname but I think it’s adorable! [name]Poppy[/name] and Maybe is so adorable, I think. And since it’s only a nickname I think people would get it and the word association would fade… [name]Just[/name] my opinion though!

Thank you! Maybee is adorable! I hadn’t thought of that! It kinda reminds me of [name]Maybelle[/name]. Oh! I meant to say earlier, I love [name]Penny[/name] so much! [name]Dash[/name] and [name]Penny[/name] is even better. If [name]Poppy[/name] weren’t my favorite name, I’d use [name]Penny[/name] in a heartbeat!

I love topics like these!

BOYS
[name]Henry[/name] Albus- I absolutely [name]ADORE[/name] the name [name]Henry[/name]. When I read The Time [name]Traveler[/name]'s Wife I fell in love with the name, and can’t imagine naming my first son anything else! Albus is for Albus Dumbledore, one of my [name]FAVORITE[/name] [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] characters. HP has been an enormous part of my life, and I want to honor that.
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]- I have loved [name]Leo[/name] for thirteen years (I am 19); ever since Titanic came out, to be exact :wink: The name [name]Leo[/name] just makes me happy! [name]Atticus[/name] is for, of course, THE [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Finch[/name], one of my favorite literary characters.
[name]Juliet[/name]- Seriously the most romantic name I could ever imagine. The connection to [name]Shakespeare[/name] isn’t something that bugs me; I love [name]Romeo[/name] + [name]Juliet[/name]!
[name]Penelope[/name]- This name just makes me happy inside! I love the nn [name]Poppy[/name] or [name]Nelle[/name] for it, but not [name]Penny[/name]!
[name]Alice[/name]- Such a wonderful name, with wonderful literary connections!

[name]Leo[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Felix[/name] (what we’re definitely naming our son)
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Phineas[/name] [name]Rocco[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Roman[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Everett[/name] [name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Jack[/name] [name]Edward[/name] [name]Alastair[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Caspian[/name] [name]Ezra[/name]

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Luna[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Tallulah[/name] [name]Piper[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Esme[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Astrid[/name] ([name]Lola[/name])
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Isla[/name] [name]Estelle[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Iris[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] ([name]Ada[/name])
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Viola[/name] [name]Belle[/name] ([name]Genny[/name])
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9686788

It appears I like girls names with 8 letters…

[name]Rosalind[/name] / [name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Eleanora[/name]

[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]James[/name]

Girls:
[name]Freya[/name] [name]Dominika[/name]
[name]Guinevere[/name] [name]Autumn[/name] / [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Autumn[/name]
[name]Jacquelin[/name] [name]Piper[/name]
[name]Jessica[/name] [name]Bellatrix[/name]
[name]Berit[/name] [name]Kristin[/name]
[name]Emeraude[/name] [name]Christa[/name]
Caspera [name]Star[/name] / Caspera [name]Danielle[/name]
[name]Sergia[/name] [name]Danielle[/name]
Finna [name]Kasienka[/name]
[name]Holly[/name] [name]Shauna[/name] / [name]Holly[/name] [name]Natasha[/name]
Harla Rudolpha
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]

Boys:
[name]Nicasio[/name] [name]Alaric[/name]
[name]Alaric[/name] [name]Vincent[/name]
Acheron [name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Orion[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Auric[/name] [name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Stellan[/name] Mercade

Ooh, this is tough.

[name]Violet[/name] - Oh gosh, how can anyone not love this name?! It’s classic and elegant and beautiful all at the same time. You really can’t get any better than [name]Violet[/name], in my opinion.

[name]Rowan[/name] - Definitely trendy, but not over the top. I feel it’s sort of edgy and spunky but fun and cute.

[name]Helena[/name] - I really like it pronounced either way - hel-ay-nuh or hel-ehn-uh. I guess I preffer the latter with a soft H. I think it makes a great middle name.

[name]Leila[/name] - Pronounced Leel-uh, I adore it. Really cute and sweet and soft.

At the moment, that’s all I can come up with. Fun!

[name]Anna[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]

[name]Jack[/name] [name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Liam[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Owen[/name] [name]Christopher[/name]
[name]Kyle[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]

LyndseyJenness-your names and reasons are so beautiful!

My names:

Girls-

[name]Willa[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]-I love this name because it is like more popular [name]Willow[/name] and my brother’s name [name]William[/name].
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]-[name]Alice[/name] is my all time favorite name forever and ever. Struggle with this middle name.
Cec(e/i)lia [name]June[/name]-Struggle with this spelling. I like the way [name]Cecelia[/name] looks more. but [name]Cecilia[/name] is the traditional spelling I think.
[name]Katharine[/name] [name]Gillian[/name]-spelled like [name]Katharine[/name] Hepburn and I love the nickname Kick
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]-My favorite combo

Boys

[name]Philip[/name] [name]William[/name]-nn [name]Flip[/name], my dad and brother’s names
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Andrew[/name]-nn [name]Hank[/name], my favorite combo
[name]Seamus[/name] [name]Kearney[/name], love the Irishness of the combo
[name]Julian[/name] [name]Charles[/name]-nn [name]Jude[/name], like [name]John[/name] [name]Lennon[/name]'s son and Hey [name]Jude[/name].

Oh my God mine change so much. The only one that never changes is my top boy’s name: [name]James[/name]. Right now I’m digging [name]James[/name] [name]Declan[/name].
For girls I’m loving [name]Thea[/name], [name]Seraphina[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] right now, all different but gorgeous.