Your two favourite girls names?

I ask for a lot of opinions on the names I like for girls, but now I want to know your favourites.

So, what are your two all time favourite names for girls, with middle names? If you have kids, you have to pick different names.

Also, put why you like the names and how long you’ve liked them.

Mine would be:
[name]Kerry[/name] [name]Nicole[/name]
[name]Spenser[/name] Annabeth

[name]Kerry[/name] [name]Nicole[/name]:
I’ve always loved [name]Kerry[/name] because I think it looks nice and sounds pretty, and I think [name]Nicole[/name] goes well with it, and I’ve just started liking [name]Nicole[/name].

[name]Spenser[/name] Annabeth:
Annabeth is nice, even though ive only started liking it this week. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Spencer[/name] for a girl and even better with it spelt [name]Spenser[/name].

Also, do you have any connections with your favourite names?

Hmmm…I don’t have middle name combinations yet, but my current two favorites are [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Eva[/name].
I always liked [name]Rosemary[/name], but recently started to love it. It’s a tradition in my family that the first daughter in the family has a first or middle name that is either [name]Mary[/name] or a variant on [name]Mary[/name] (I’m [name]Freya[/name] [name]Maureen[/name], cousin is [name]Katrina[/name] [name]Mary[/name], etc.) so I think it’s pretty perfect. :slight_smile:
I recently had a dream I had a little girl named [name]Eva[/name] and I fell in love. It’s simple, spunky, and sweet, the only think putting me off is the popularity and similarity to [name]Ava[/name].
Those are just my current favorites, though, they’re always changing!

Oh yeah, I also like [name]Rebecca[/name].

I have alot of names i like for girls but the top two atm are

[name]Riley[/name] [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Eden[/name] [name]Finley[/name]

[name]Riley[/name]: I like it for almost 10 years i think. I remember seeing an [name]Olsen[/name] show and one of the girls was named [name]Riley[/name] but i could remember it, i kept forgetting! I lost track of it for some time but it always stayed in my mind.

[name]Isabella[/name]: I have to admit i like the nn [name]Bella[/name] and the only complete [name]Bella[/name] name i like is [name]Isabella[/name]. It is also very feminine to go with [name]Riley[/name], which is more unisex. I like it for 5 years or so but really came to love it about a week ago.

[name]Eden[/name]: Always liked it but i just recently started to love it because i saw a threath here of Edens brother and that took my attention for the name again. [name]LOVE[/name] IT

[name]Finley[/name]: Really love the name. Its the name of my favourite actricess son. ([name]Riley[/name] is the name of her other son and her last son is [name]Kelley[/name]) but i kinda like it too for a girl! But i dont think [name]Riley[/name] and finley work well together so it a mn. I will name my first son [name]Finn[/name] i think.

close 3th and 4th are [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Logan[/name] for a girl.

[name]Camille[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]
and
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Alice[/name]

The middle names are family names. My favorites switch on a daily basis.

Others to hold the top spots:
[name]Adeline[/name] (as a first name…not sure what I’d do in the middle)
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Lilliana[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Norah[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]

Since i can’t use my kids names, i’ll say:

[name]Brinley[/name] [name]Sage[/name] - this is what i wanted to name our second daughter, but DH did not like it. I’ve liked this name for about a year now.

[name]Riley[/name] [name]Hazel[/name] - [name]Riley[/name] has been my favorite girls name for 15 or so years. [name]Hazel[/name] has always been a name i liked as well. [name]Ever[/name] since i saw the TV movie “The [name]Jackson[/name] Family” lol

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Cambria[/name] [name]Belle[/name] & [name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]

[name]Penelope[/name]: My [name]FAVORITE[/name] girl name, so spunky yet beautiful.

[name]Cambria[/name]: [name]Ala[/name] Coheed and [name]Cambria[/name] (the music means a lot to DH and I)

[name]Belle[/name]: for my sister, [name]Gabrielle[/name]

[name]Wilhelmina[/name]: To honor DH’s heritage, the name is beautiful but always snubbed and underused.

[name]Josephine[/name]: DH chose the name and I think it’s beautiful. It also ties in with Coheed and [name]Cambria[/name] (if you know the story, so its a nice theme without being obvious)

[name]Pearl[/name]: coming from DH’s ggm, [name]Margaret[/name] meaning: [name]Pearl[/name]

Veganmommy- I am so in love with those names! [name]Penelope[/name] used to be high on my list, but it’s gotten taken off. You’re making me want to put it back on, and add [name]Wilhelmina[/name]! Your combos make both names just sparkle!

Ok, I’m not going to include [name]Elizabeth[/name] because I’m not dead set on the combo yet… So these are my top two that have their combos finished! But really they’re number 2 and 3!

[name]Susanna[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Sage[/name] nn [name]Sookie[/name]/[name]Susie[/name]/[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] Darling nn [name]Heidi[/name]

[name]Susanna[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name] are names we just love, they honor family in a round about way, but mostly we just love them and their nicknames.

[name]Katherine[/name] is my mom. [name]Eleanor[/name] honors ancestors as well as [name]MIL[/name] (middle name [name]Elaine[/name]). [name]Sage[/name] and Darling are family surnames that I want to save from extinction!

The first name is pretty much set in stone… The second favorite is constantly changing.

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Marie[/name] and [name]Liv[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]

[name]Claire[/name]: I’ve loved this name for about a year, which is quite a long time for me. I also recently found out that it was the name of my dad’s grandmother, so I like the family ties.

[name]Georgiana[/name] (pr. george-ay-nuh): I want all of my names to honor some scientist or freethinker, so this one, in a weird way, honors a person who helped me free my mind.

[name]Marie[/name]: my middle name.

[name]Liv[/name]: I’ve loved this for over a year, I think it’s just beautiful.

[name]Isabel[/name]: As a child, for probably about 5 years or so, I wanted to change my name to [name]Isabel[/name] or [name]Isabella[/name]. I’ve always thought it was beautiful.

[name]Margaret[/name]: Honors the free thinker [name]Margaret[/name] Sanger, perhaps best known for the phrase “No Gods, No Masters,” and for helping women get birth control and creating free clinics. Great woman.

I know that the names are on opposite spectrums popularity-wise, but I love them both. Again, [name]Liv[/name] is bound to change.

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Christina[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Mae[/name] are my favorites. :smiley:

I have many favorites right now, but can’t seem to knock these two out of the top spaces:

[name]Gloria[/name] [name]Eden[/name]

• [name]Gloria[/name] because I think the name [name]Gloria[/name] is just so beautiful. I think it’s gotten a bit of a rap as an old lady’s name (my husband used to say it always made him think of an old hispanic woman) but I think putting the name on a fresh face would give it a bit of new life. [name]Eden[/name] because I think it further softens the image of the prototypical loud-mouthed [name]Gloria[/name]. Also I’ve loved it ever since I read it in a book 5 years ago or so but hubby hates it for a first name. I also think it’s getting more popular than I would be comfortable using for a first name.

and

[name]Loretta[/name] ([name]Etta[/name]) [name]Rose[/name]

• Mostly I just love the name [name]Etta[/name] and went through a long name of lists ending in “etta” and this one was the only one that really grew on me. [name]Rose[/name] is a family name and I think [name]Etta[/name] [name]Rose[/name] just sounds adorable.

[name]Both[/name] of my favorite girls names (besides my daughters’ names) don’t go with my daughters’ names, so I could never use them.

[name]Soleil[/name] [name]Wilhelmine[/name]: I just [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Soleil[/name]!! But, it ends in the same sound as Esm” (my daughter), so I wouldn’t want to use it. Plus, there’s the celebrity connection with [name]Soleil[/name] [name]Moon[/name] Frye, which I don’t really like. [name]Wilhelmine[/name] is my grandmother’s middle name, and I would love to use it someday.

[name]Eva[/name] [name]Addison[/name]: I absolutely adore [name]Eva[/name]. But, [name]Ava[/name]/[name]Eva[/name] has been getting super popular recently, and it starts with the same letter as Esm”. I love [name]Addison[/name], but its become super super trendy and doesn’t fit with my favorite middles ([name]Suzanne[/name], [name]Delphine[/name], and [name]Wilhelmine[/name]). I still love it though :slight_smile:

• [name]Sydnee[/name]

[name]Odette[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name] are my current fav girl names.

I already have a son named [name]Connor[/name] and I will use [name]Emmett[/name] for my next son, so I like that [name]Odette[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name] have repeating letters like [name]Connor[/name] and [name]Emmett[/name] do.

Oh, um I can barely narrow it down to three, take pity on me;)

[name]Sojourner[/name] [name]Liv[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name]: [name]Sojourner[/name] [name]Truth[/name] (born [name]Isabelle[/name]!)
was an amazing woman with an amazing name:)
[name]Liv[/name] is so beautiful yet simple. [name]Rachel[/name], I am NOT trying to copy you!
I have been aware of [name]Aurelia[/name] for a very long time, I have also known I will use it for a very long time!

[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Harper[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] (work in progress): [name]Beatrice[/name] is after [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Potter[/name], I just like [name]Beatrice[/name] a little bit more than [name]Beatrix[/name].
My mom wanted to name me [name]Harper[/name] [name]Lee[/name], but my dad vetoed it. Mom still LOVES [name]Harper[/name], so it’s still sentimental:)
[name]Eliza[/name] honors me, plus it’s just a great name in general. Sassy, Pretty, [name]Eliza[/name] Doolittle-ish:)

[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Juno[/name] [name]Estella[/name] (work in progress): [name]Rosemary[/name] is so charming, I have fallen in love with recently, but not SO recently!
[name]Juno[/name] is soo cool! it is a guilty pleasure name:)
[name]Estella[/name] is like [name]Eliza[/name], you can’t go wrong:)

:slight_smile:
Iz

I have three favorite girl names: [name]Vivienne[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name], and [name]Lila[/name]. So my combos are currently:

[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Margaux[/name]

[name]Vivienne[/name]: I saw “Pretty Woman” with my mom years ago and it has held as my favorite movie. When Hubs and I discussed names one night, he hated all my girl names except for [name]Vivienne[/name]! I think it’s a great way to pay homage to both my favorite movie and my dear mom. =]

[name]Rosalie[/name]: I love it! It’s so feminine and pretty. I can see myself having a daughter with this as a first name, but my best friend and her husband have already decided to name their future baby girl [name]Rosalia[/name]. So, I’ll just have to use it as a middle name!

[name]Lila[/name]: Oh, I adore this name! It’s soft and sweet enough for a baby, but chic and mature enough for an adult. I remember coming across it for the first time in the Sweet [name]Valley[/name] High books and I’ve loved it ever since. It’s not Hubs favorite, but I’ll wear him down! ;] Though, I do sometimes feel like I sound funny when I say it out loud. Has anyone else come across this problem with their fav names?

[name]Margaux[/name]: (I pronounce it mar-GO instead of [name]MAR[/name]-go which is how I pronounce [name]Margo/name) I really like it as a middle name, but not as a first name. I think it’s chic and pretty and not overused. I do think of [name]Margot[/name] as an older name though, but not [name]Margaux[/name]. Weird, right? I’ve had a difficult time finding a middle name that compliments [name]Lila[/name] without being a “filler” name, but I think [name]Margaux[/name] is my current favorite!

Middle names aren’t known until we find out we are pregnant since they are based on a book we are reading when I find out I am pregnant.

First names would have to be:

[name]Louisa[/name] - I can just picture a little girl that is similar to my other children with this name!

[name]Beatrice[/name] - This name has been growing on me for a while now.

So my children would be [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Louisa[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name].

Mine are:

[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Anna[/name]- [name]Cecily[/name] is from [name]Oscar[/name] Wilde’s The Improtance of Being [name]Earnest[/name]. It is my boyfriends favorite play and one I love as well. We both love the literary connection and how uncommon [name]Cecily[/name] is. [name]Anna[/name] is to carry on the tradition of [name]Ann[/name] names that my family has.

[name]Elodie[/name] [name]Renee[/name]- My boyfriend loved [name]Elodie[/name] from the second I mentioned it. It is soft and feminine and very uncommon. I think it compliments [name]Cecily[/name] well. [name]Renee[/name] is his moms mn.

[name]Camille[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

and

[name]Hattie[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name]

The middle names are both family names…

[name]Lauren[/name] [name]Jeanne[/name];

• [name]Jeanne[/name]'s my mom’s name.
  • [name]Lauren[/name]'s been my favorite name for 8 years.
  • I think both [name]Lauren[/name] and [name]Jeanne[/name] flow nicely together.

[name]Bailey[/name] [name]Grace[/name];

• She’d solely go by [name]Bailey[/name] [name]Grace[/name] or [name]Bee[/name]. Never just [name]Bailey[/name].
  • I love the name [name]Grace[/name] and I think it flows gorgeous will [name]Bailey[/name].
  • [name]Bailey[/name] would be named after [name]Bailey[/name] Hanks, who is/on Broadway.

Mine are:

[name]Lara[/name] [name]Roselle[/name]
[name]Hope[/name] [name]Roberta[/name]

I’d actually use two middle names because I think it’s a great way to give the child their own name while honoring both families at the same time. But those are my favorite two name combination’s right now.