YouTuber Zoella Sugg’s is expecting a baby girl!

Any guesses of what she may name her?

6 Likes

Exciting, I remember following [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] when she first started on You Tube.

She’s pretty obsessed with things being “autumnal” and “cosy” so I wouldn’t be surprised if [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] is in there somewhere, either as a first or middle!

Otherwise, I can see them picking something like Olive or Indie.

3 Likes

[name_u]Zoe[/name_u] posted this a while ago now, but here’s a list of names they like but won’t be using…

I like [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Clover[/name_f], [name_f]Blossom[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Olive[/name_f].

[name_f]Honey[/name_f] and [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] too, but they’re more like GPs for me than anything I’d actually use.

2 Likes

I’ll have to check her out later!

Well we know she’s going for something bohoish. So maybe [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]?
I really like [name_f]Olive[/name_f]. I’m surprised she’s not using it.

1 Like

bit surprised they didn’t go with [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] or [name_f]Honey[/name_f], but maybe from that list, [name_f]Lillie[/name_f], [name_f]Pixie[/name_f], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], [name_f]Bessie[/name_f], [name_f]Florrie[/name_f] or [name_f]Nellie[/name_f]?

I can see something cute working for them :sweat_smile:

Your [name_f]Florrie[/name_f], maybe think [name_f]Flora[/name_f]?

1 Like

I originally guessed they’d go with Olive or Indie, so I was pleased to see it was actually one of her faves, even though it didn’t make the shortlist.

Now, I feel like they might choose Clementine… :tangerine: :woman_shrugging:

If not, it might be a less common nature name like Lilac, Posy or Meadow (because they liked Wren, Clover and Blossom), or a cutesy nickname like Birdie, Indie or Dulcie (because they liked Honey, Goldie and Bowie).

They liked Stevie and Jovie, so they could also choose something else with a -vie ending like Elvie, Evie or Sylvie.

I would be surprised if she goes for something as simple as [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

From her list, I’m thinking she may go with a flower name like Rosie/Rose, [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], or heck maybe even [name_f]Petal[/name_f]! I could also see her using something like maybe [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f] or [name_u]Willow[/name_u]

[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_u]Rue[/name_u]

2 Likes

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Rue[/name_u] not a big fan of [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f].

1 Like

I like it! [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] isn’t 100% my style and it is a bit trendy where I am, but I adore it paired with soft yet feisty [name_u]Rue[/name_u].

It feels in-keeping with the other names they considered but a little less cutesy and a little more mainstream than some of them. I’m pleasantly surprised!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] and I like [name_u]Rue[/name_u], but [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_u]Rue[/name_u] Deyes just makes me think…. “rue the day” :joy:

I’m assuming they’ll call her [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] for short, which definitely fits in with the cutesy names they considered that seem to be their style.

I think they have a [name_m]Range[/name_m] Rover (and a Tesla), so I guess [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] is a perfect choice for them? :joy: I’ve often heard it described as a name used by middle-class suburban mums who drive [name_m]Range[/name_m] Rovers.

1 Like

I tend to call it a Telegraph name! I think it was the top name for girls in the last two years’ Telegraph birth announcements, I remember doing blogs on it.

2 Likes

Definitely a Telegraph name! [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] and [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] are the quintessential Telegraph names to me. (I love them both anyway!)

1 Like

Me too, especially [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]. I think [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] or even Wolf/Wolfie is the cutest nickname, shame we have a W surname :cry:

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] and Wolf/Wolfie. :heart_eyes:

Haha we have W surnames too (me and SO)! I don’t mind alliteration, but when you hope to have more than one child, you can’t help but think you’re starting a pattern.

1 Like

Really positively surprised by this choice! I love both names and they sound wonderful together :two_hearts:

1 Like

Telegraph names are very much my style sometimes I think :sweat_smile: I love most of them!

Ottilie is so lovely! I’m thinking of readding it to my list now :rofl:

1 Like