Ysella

I recently found the name Ysella

It’s Cornish, means ‘modest’ and is pronounced ‘ee-zell-ah’, which I think is very pretty. [name_f]Zella[/name_f] would be a cute nickname because I like that one too!

There may be problems with pronunciation but it’s not a huge problem amongst people who you’d be close to so it’s whatever.

I also like how it sounds a little but similar to [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] just not as popular.

Thoughts?

Ooh this is pretty! What a cool find!

I’m not so fond of the meaning, I’d say that’s the only drawback, but I don’t put much emphasis on meaning anyway as it’s not something that is ever really mentioned in everyday life.

It feels very understated, it’s pretty but not in an overly flowery way and it feels like it would age nicely. I can see a little [name_f]Zella[/name_f] running around and playing just as easily as I see an adult [name_f]Ysella[/name_f] going for a job interview or running a business.

Conclusion: I really like it! And I have to say I much prefer it to [name_f]Isabella[/name_f].

3 Likes

Sounds gorgeous.

1 Like

Ysella is lovely! It has great sounds

1 Like

It’s very pretty, but at first glance I had no idea how to pronounce [name_f]Ysella[/name_f]! If you’re not bothered by making corrections, then I think it’d be lovely, but otherwise, I would personally use it as a middle.

1 Like

When my son was born we learned people didn’t necessarily know right away how to pronounce his name.- it’s a pretty simple name that everyone catches on rather quick. I didn’t know how to pronounce [name_f]Ysella[/name_f]… so pronunciation difficulty would very likely be the default. However it’s a simple enough name that if you don’t see it as a big deal then go for it. It could also be a possible mn option!

1 Like

Thank you guys for the great feedback, glad it has a positive reaction! It would definitely be great as a middle name option too, I could perhaps work on that and find a first name that goes well with it. Thanks again! :blush: :tulip:

Ysella’s such a gorgeous name! I think the pronunciation is pretty straight forward, especially once explained. I love how unusual, but accessible it is, and I get a nature-ish, whimsical imagery from [name_f]Ysella[/name_f], which is lovely.

1 Like

I lovelovelove [name_f]Ysella[/name_f]! It’s like the fresh, unexpected alternative to [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]. :heart: I also love the [name_u]French[/name_u] Ysée, but that’s another story.

Anyways. I’d love to meet a little [name_f]Ysella[/name_f]—it’s brilliant!

1 Like