Yup, I’m renaming her again

I’m only 80% sure I’ve never posted a thread about this character before so I apologize if I have. I know I’ve posted a bunch of quick polls though… désolé

In May, I decided her name was Vela pn. VAY-la but I’ve slowly grown less attached to that name and thus, the peeved-ness that I felt from the many mispronunciations has made me less confident about the name.

So a bit about the character:
She’s 11 years old, spunky, energetic, friendly. Her siblings are 7-11 years older than her so she’s in a strange limbo between only child and child with siblings. This has made her a little childish but also independent as she’s both babied and allowed to do her own thing.

Her siblings are Sage (g), Griff (b), and Opal (g), and her surname is Salo. I want a short name, preferably a nature or word name, and I don’t want it to be too popular or “expected” because the story doesn’t take place in our world.

Some ideas I’ve had so far:
Nova
Meadow
River/Rivers
Romy
Luna
Aria
Ursa
Fern
Harper
Iris
Aura

Iris, Meadow, and Nova are my current favorites but I’m not sold on anything (hence the thread lol). If you want to sell me on one of the above options or offer some fresh ideas, I’m all ears!

Also, if you’re a visual person, here’s a Picrew

Thank you!

From your list, I really like [name_u]Nova[/name_u] for her. I think [name_f]Tulip[/name_f] could be fitting as wek.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Iris[/name_f] for her! She also could be a [name_u]Jade[/name_u] or [name_u]Ruby[/name_u].

1 Like

What about [name_u]Vida[/name_u] or Vita??

1 Like

What about [name_u]Vega[/name_u]? I also like [name_u]Nova[/name_u] and [name_f]Fern[/name_f] for her based on the picture

1 Like

i like the suggestion of vega! romy, iris, and fern also are good fits.

sage, griff, opal, and…

navy
violet
roux
isla
ruby
zara
june
posey
skye
jasper
lua / luca
nyx / nox
lux
percy
lilac
wren
indigo
onyx

1 Like

i think meadow suits her the best but because it’s so much longer than the others it throws me off a bit. nova would be my second choice though!

what about Poe / Poet? i feel like Poe really suits her!

1 Like

I also thought of [name_u]Hazel[/name_u]

1 Like

Thank you for the responses!! It was late last night when I posted but I can briefly summarize some of my holdups with the ideas I’ve had…

Maybe too popular: [name_u]Nova[/name_u], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_u]Aria[/name_u], [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
Maybe too uncommon: [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] and [name_f]Aura[/name_f]
Maybe too long: [name_f]Meadow[/name_f]
Maybe want to keep on my future bébés list: [name_u]Romy[/name_u] and Rivers/River
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] used to be too close to their brother’s name (Rhys) but now it could work!
Finally, [name_f]Fern[/name_f]. I really want to like it because on paper, it’s perfect but it just sounds so harsh when I say it out loud that I can’t commit to it for this character.

@alatari I really like [name_u]Vega[/name_u]! Her sisters called her Vay so this would let me keep that pet name! I also like that it’s a new form of nature.

@Ellory ooh I’ll definitely have to consider [name_f]Posey[/name_f] and [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]!

Thanks everyone for the feedback and suggestions!

2 Likes

[name_f]Veda[/name_f]
[name_u]Holly[/name_u]
[name_u]Jay[/name_u]
[name_f]Naya[/name_f]
[name_f]Viva[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_u]Jade[/name_u]
[name_u]Grey[/name_u]
[name_f]Nixie[/name_f]
[name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_u]Rainy[/name_u]
[name_m]Hart[/name_m]
[name_f]Gem[/name_f]
[name_u]Teal[/name_u]
Plume
[name_f]Zea[/name_f]

I really love [name_u]Nova[/name_u], to be honest. I also like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_u]Romy[/name_u].

1 Like

I’m really feeling something beginning with P for her:

[name_f]Pia[/name_f]
[name_u]Pace[/name_u], [name_f]Paci[/name_f]
[name_f]Pru[/name_f]
[name_u]Padget[/name_u] (there are many spelling choices)
[name_u]Prairie[/name_u]
[name_f]Palma[/name_f]
[name_f]Panna[/name_f], [name_f]Pana[/name_f]
[name_u]Panya[/name_u]
[name_m]Pan[/name_m] (short for Pandora?)
[name_u]Penna[/name_u]
[name_f]Perdi[/name_f]
[name_f]Pola[/name_f]
[name_f]Prisca[/name_f]
[name_f]Prudi[/name_f]

1 Like