Zadig?

Hello Berries,

I was just wondering what are your thoughts on [name_m]Zadig[/name_m], like in the [name_u]French[/name_u] tale [name_m]Zadig[/name_m] ou la destinée. Would it be easy to pronounce in an [name_f]English[/name_f] speaking country? (Zah-dig). Would people know the reference or they just just think that [name_m]Zadig[/name_m] is a weird name?

Thank you!

1 Like

I think the pronunciation is intutitive in [name_f]English[/name_f], but the reference would probably not be generally known. I love the name though! It’s so handsome and melodic

I don’t think many would know the reference, honestly. It’s a fun name, though, and very intuitive to pronounce in [name_f]English[/name_f]. It reminds me of [name_u]Zelig[/name_u].

1 Like

Zadig seems easy enough to pronounce. I quite like it :slight_smile:

Zadig is new to me, but definitely pretty cool.

I might assume it was a Muslim name. Maybe it is? It sounds nice and I think it is pronounceable.

Oh, it means [name_f]Easter[/name_f]? maybe not haha

I pronounced it Zay-dig, and I’ve never heard of what you referenced.

that is an interesting name! I think a lot of people would think it is hard to pronounce because…well people always do :grin: like nobody even tries with my name

I think it’s cool but better suited in the middle spot :wink:

I’m not familiar with this name - I’ve never heard of the story. To me it sounds rather foreign in [name_f]English[/name_f]. I don’t think the pronunciation is that hard for [name_f]English[/name_f] speakers, but I can see people being unsure about how to pronounce it.

I think the pronunciation is pretty easy, but I’ve never heard of the book and I doubt many others have either. I think it’s a cool Z name!