Zaven and Ezekiel

[name_m]Hi[/name_m],

So we found out recently that our [name_u]October[/name_u] baby is a boy! I have two names I really like from our list–Zaven, and Ezekiel–but I’m having a hard time with middle names for them!

I guess I’m just looking for some imput on the middle names I have, as well as suggestions.

With [name_m]Zaven[/name_m], the middle name can’t end in an “N” as our last names ends with one too so i thought it might sound a little funky if the names all ended with the same letter. Also our last names starts with “H” so usually I try staying away from H names (although there are quite a few that I like!) I tried finding some family names, and names to honour my [name_u]Irish[/name_u], Welsh and scandinavian ancestry. I’m open to more suggestions!

[name_m]Zaven[/name_m] [name_m]Anders[/name_m] (my great-grandmother’s maiden name was Anderson)
[name_m]Zaven[/name_m] [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_m]Zaven[/name_m] [name_u]Liam[/name_u]
[name_m]Zaven[/name_m] [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]

[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] would probably have an Armenian middle name. I’m not necessarily too worried about the middle not being pronounced by others, but it would be a nice bonus :slight_smile: Some I like:

[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] Antranig (this means first born–and he will be our first son so I thought it fitting)
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] Arev (this means the sun, which I thought might be cute since our daughter’s name is Armenian for moon)
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] [name_u]Ara[/name_u]
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] Yeghia (my husband’s grandfather’s name–the gh is kind of a hard gutteral sound at the back of your throat. It means [name_u]Elijah[/name_u] I believe)
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] Rasmik (my husband likes this name–I think it means strong warrior but i could be wrong)

Congrats on your boy! :blush:

[name_m]Zaven[/name_m] [name_m]Anders[/name_m] is FABULOUS IMO but here are a few others that match your criteria:

[name_m]Zaven[/name_m] [name_m]Innes[/name_m]
[name_m]Zaven[/name_m] [name_m]Cashel[/name_m]
[name_m]Zaven[/name_m] [name_u]Connelly[/name_u]
[name_m]Zaven[/name_m] [name_m]Nicolai[/name_m]

Of the [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] choices, I definitely think Rasmik or Arev are the best flowing options.
The only Armenian name that comes to mind is “Ohan” which is the Armenian version of [name_u]John[/name_u]. “Ezekiel Ohan” is a cool sounding name I think.

A few others that are uncommon and flow well:

[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] [name_u]Cyprus[/name_u]
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] [name_m]Badar[/name_m] (bonus of a moon-related meaning!)
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] [name_m]Frazier[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] [name_m]Alois[/name_m]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Massive congratulations on your baby boy :tada::blue_heart:

So I’m a sucker for [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] I love him! I just absolutely adore this name he’s strong, has great biblical history, feels impactful, translatable, looks fashionable with the ‘e’ start and the zippy Z following after that E yet feels unexpected and finally the nickname [name_u]Zeke[/name_u] is lush. [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] is a fabulous choice and I naturally gravitate towards him.

Looking at the middle names I’m completely embracing Arev gosh I love the idea of your daughter having the ties to the moon whilst your son has ties to the sun such a gorgeous celestial tie. I also love the general sound and look of [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] Arev it’s a wonderful name.

This is my number 1 pick for sure!!

Wishing you all the best :white_heart:

1 Like

[name_m]Zaven[/name_m] [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] and [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] Rasmik :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I really love the sound of [name_m]Zaven[/name_m] [name_m]Anders[/name_m]!

1 Like

[name_m]Zaven[/name_m] [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] and [name_m]Zaven[/name_m] [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] are wonderful!! [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Zaven[/name_m] :heart:

[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] [name_u]Ara[/name_u] is also lovely - [name_u]Ara[/name_u] is one of my favourites. [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] Rasmik and [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] Arev is charming and I like that little conneciton with your daughter!

(I know it’s not an option, but [name_m]Zaven[/name_m] [name_u]Ara[/name_u] :heart_eyes: )

A few suggestions:

[name_m]Zaven[/name_m] [name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_m]Zaven[/name_m] [name_m]Alastair[/name_m]
[name_m]Zaven[/name_m] [name_u]Idris[/name_u]
[name_m]Zaven[/name_m] [name_m]Cormac[/name_m]
[name_m]Zaven[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_m]Zaven[/name_m] [name_m]Aled[/name_m]
[name_m]Zaven[/name_m] [name_u]Drew[/name_u]

[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] [name_u]Aleks[/name_u]
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] [name_m]Aren[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] [name_m]Levon[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] [name_m]Monte[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] [name_m]Toros[/name_m]

1 Like

Absolutely love Zaven Anders for the family connection and Zaven Rafferty is just wonderful!

:face_holding_back_tears: this is such a lovely idea!!

1 Like

I think [name_m]Zaven[/name_m] [name_m]Anders[/name_m] is one of my favourites :slight_smile: [name_m]Anders[/name_m] was also a name on my list, but my husband vetoed it as a first name. Last time I had free reign on the middle name (I think my husbans felt sorry for me after going through labour lol) so maybe he’ll do the same this time :slight_smile:

[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] such a great name! I don’t think I’ve ever met an [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] yet so far either which is nice :slight_smile: Arev was actually a first name idea my husband had down but I thought maybe it was too matchy as a first with my daughter’s name. But I actually really like it as a middle!

1 Like

[name_u]Ara[/name_u] is actually an Armenian name I love and would use it in a heartbeat but my husband thought it sounded girly lol. I had free reign on the middle name last time I think because my husband felt sorry for me lol. So maybe he wouldn’t mind it as a middle :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love this for you and it goes well with your daughter!! :yellow_heart::sun_with_face: 9 1/2 or 10 on 10 for you, if Arev was the first name would be better imo but…