Zelda vs. Astrid?

Which do you like better and why? I appreciate any comments :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like both a lot! They give me similar vibes and would make a great sibset! Right now I’m going to have to say [name_f]Zelda[/name_f], as it is pretty, distinctive and spunky while also fitting with current trends of all the [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Bella[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f] sounds. It would stand out while fitting in. [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] is gorgeous and I love it too.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] personally, no particular reason I just prefer the sound!!

1 Like

I personally prefer [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] but would probably pick [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] as a feel like there might be less teasing potential

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]. I personally just don’t like the sound of [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] (darn it, [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_u]Scott[/name_u]!), but definitely there would be opportunities for teasing. [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] has the legacy of the video game series behind her; the heroine is beautiful, strong, and fights against evil. I don’t think teasing would really be a problem.

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]! It is spunky and feminine, and it’s a family name for me. [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] is not my style.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Astrid[/name_f], although I’m not a big fan of it either. If it were [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] vs [name_f]Zella[/name_f], I would pick [name_f]Zella[/name_f]. [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] sounds a bit “witchy”.

1 Like

I absolutely love both, and they’re definitely of the same style to me. Both steely, feisty and full of character, uncommon but well known.

For me, [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] just pips it because it’s such a strong, striking name with a really unusual “shape”, if that makes sense. But [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] is utterly fabulous too!

You have great taste :black_heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much! Definitely makes sense, [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]’s whole spelling and everything the way it is put together is striking :blush:
[name_m]Can[/name_m] I ask if you have some name suggests suggestions with the same style? As you said, steely and feisty :slight_smile:

How about…

[name_f]Vada[/name_f]
[name_f]Zelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Vita[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Frida[/name_f]
[name_f]Vaila[/name_f]
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Tilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Morven[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]
[name_f]Zosia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Demelza[/name_f]
[name_f]Iskra[/name_f]
[name_f]Sveva[/name_f]
[name_f]Zita[/name_f]
[name_f]Ida[/name_f]
[name_f]Maxine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lovisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]
[name_f]Zora[/name_f]
[name_f]Anouk[/name_f]
[name_f]Theda[/name_f]
[name_f]Margo[/name_f]
[name_f]Heidi[/name_f]
[name_f]Aster[/name_f]
[name_f]Eska[/name_f]
[name_f]Odette[/name_f]
Beatrix
Ivalo
Honor
Saskia
Ramona
Inez

1 Like

I love both!
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] has too much teasing potential for me. So I prefer [name_f]Zelda[/name_f].

1 Like

Astrid. I feel it has less of a fantasy vibe about it and is more ethereal

1 Like

Astrid is starry and sweet

1 Like

I vote for [name_f]Astrid[/name_f].

1 Like

They are both two of my faves!! They both have spunky vibes but I prefer [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] just a teensy bit more.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]. It feels substantial and mature while still being whimsical and celestial!

1 Like

Astrid is charming; a definite win over [name_f]Zelda[/name_f], which reminds me too much of the video game.

1 Like

Zelda! I just think that it is so cool and full of spunk. Also ‘Z’ is such an awesome letter. [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] is fine, I dont personally see the teasing potential, but it is very ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ for me!

1 Like

About even for me. Nice names both.

1 Like

Zelda is a wonderful name!!

Serafina also comes to mind, it means “fiery”

1 Like