Zella

I am ver interested to hear your thoughts on [name_f]Zella[/name_f].
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like the sound? Does it need a longer form, what would you use? What imagery do you get? What would you assume about [name_f]Zella[/name_f]? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it’ll become trendy? Does it sound trendy or incomplete? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any strong associations with the name? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it has the potential to be misheard as [name_f]Ella[/name_f] or another more common name?

Any and all thoughts welcome! I think it’s an interesting sound but I’m not sure how usable it is. Cant wait to hear what y’all think.

Out of all short X+[name_f]Ella[/name_f] names, I prefer [name_f]Nella[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Zella[/name_f] is cute, but sounds bit off, like too zappy and soft. I would do [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] or [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] nn [name_f]Zella[/name_f].

I also like [name_f]Azalea[/name_f], nn Zalie or [name_f]Zella[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Zella[/name_f] is a brand of women’s clothing so it sounds vaguely familiar in that way, but I think it’s usable!

Sounds too trendy/made up to me and something that wouldn’t age well. I prefer [name_f]Zelda[/name_f], [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] or another “[name_f]Ella[/name_f] name.”

I agree I think it’s just a little too off to be used as a given name, and wouldnt age well as a full name. But I think it would make a great unexpected nickname and I love the idea of [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] nn [name_f]Zella[/name_f].

I got the idea from the singer [name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_u]Day[/name_u] which is an amazing stage name in my opinion and also happens to be the singer’s given first and middle names.

I like [name_f]Zella[/name_f]! It reminds me of another fave, [name_f]Zadie[/name_f]! I think it could stand alone

I agree with PP about both [name_f]Zella[/name_f] and [name_f]Zadie[/name_f]. I love the sound! I don’t think it sounds incomplete at all. However, I also liked the suggestion to use it as a nn for [name_f]Azalea[/name_f].

I third the suggestion of [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] nn [name_f]Zella[/name_f]! I think it’s cute and spunky and could probably stand on it’s own since it’s similar to names like [name_f]Ella[/name_f] and [name_f]Della[/name_f]. It could also be used as a nickname for [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], although that’s quite a popular name. I don’t think it will become trendy as Z names are quite unusual in general. It brings to mind a very sprightly, curious girl who is maybe a bit eccentric.

I knew a little girl named [name_f]Zella[/name_f]! She was so sweet so it has a good connotation for me, but I also like the sound. Her full name was [name_f]Zelina[/name_f] which I’ve never heard.

I totally like [name_f]Zella[/name_f].
[name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_m]Augustine[/name_m],
[name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]
If you were wanting a full name try:
Lazella [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
Flazella [name_u]Nichole[/name_u]
Crizella [name_u]Winter[/name_u]

@name_sage that’s so cool!! I’ve only heard [name_f]Zelina[/name_f] on a tv show (once upon a time) which I thought was made up sounding when I heard it on the show but it’s really grown on me.

@rosejuliet that’s so clever! I really like Isebella nn [name_f]Zella[/name_f]

@greyblue that’s true I forgot about [name_f]Zadie[/name_f], it definitely has a similar feel

[name_f]Zella[/name_f] as a nn is really growing on me, I’m gonna have to do some digging to see if I can find a long form I like enough to add to my list lol

Some of these might be a stretch but:

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] nn [name_f]Zella[/name_f]
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] nn [name_f]Zella[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Elena[/name_f]/[name_u]Eloise[/name_u] nn [name_f]Zella[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] nn [name_f]Zella[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u]/[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] nn [name_f]Zella[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosella[/name_f] nn [name_f]Zella[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] nn [name_f]Zella[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] nn [name_f]Zella[/name_f]
[name_f]Estella[/name_f] nn [name_f]Zella[/name_f]

I prefer [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]. [name_f]Zella[/name_f] is alright but it just doesn’t appeal to me as much - maybe because for me it lacks well-known namesakes/associations. But it could grow on me.

Something like [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] or [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] NN [name_f]Zella[/name_f] would be cute, but I don’t [name_f]Zella[/name_f] necessarily needs a longer form. I think it could stand on its own.

To me it sounds more old-timey/vintage than trendy, like [name_f]Zora[/name_f] or [name_f]Zita[/name_f].

I love the singer [name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_u]Day[/name_u] and her name! It really suits her lol but the name itself is unique and breath of fresh air rather than [name_f]Ella[/name_f] or [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] etc.

Its like [name_f]Zelda[/name_f], [name_f]Zara[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f] became a name, I rather like it!

Vibe I get- [name_u]Free[/name_u] spirit, feminine, delicate, mysterious, bold

I love the name, [name_f]Zella[/name_f]! I first discovered the name from singer, [name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_u]Day[/name_u], it’s her stage and actual given name. I think it sounds familiar enough yet has that little spunk to be unique. I think it stands alone great as it isn’t something drastically out there. It is feminine and lovely, I actually have this name on my list:

[name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_f]Endellion[/name_f]

Overall, I think it is a wonderful name and if you like it, you should totally use it or consider it regardless of what others think. Besides, it isn’t an outrageous name anyway. ~[name_f]Lolita[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I’ve got [name_f]Zella[/name_f] on my list. I absolutely think it can work on its own and love the vintage yet spunky vibe I get from it! I actually know of a [name_f]Zella[/name_f] in her early twenties so I think having that association helps.