Zenobia

[name]Hi[/name] I’d just like your thoughts on the name [name]Zenobia[/name], I like funky old lady names and quirky names that are sounding fresh again. Could [name]Zenobia[/name] work as a first name or is it best in the middle?

Thanks

I saw this name the list today too, and I immediately thought of zenophobia. Is that just me?!

Oh I didn’t think about that, probably because it’s spelled xenophobia.

Personally I don’t think I would worry about it. I like [name]Zenobia[/name]! I am a bit timid myself, so I’d probably use it as a middle. lol

No, not just you. Also, xenophobia is spelled with an x, but it’s still pronounced with the z sound.

Oh yes, so it is spelt with an x, silly me. The association would still put me off, though, which is a pity, because it’s a really cool looking and sounding name if you can get over that!

It’s the coolest and I’d use it if my husband agreed!

I think it’s cool, too, either up front or in the middle. [name]Tina[/name] [name]Fey[/name]'s little girl is [name]Alice[/name] [name]Zenobia[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks guys. I think I would use it up front. I’ve recently discovered that I really like greek names…[name]Penelope[/name], [name]Ione[/name],[name]Iris[/name],[name]Nora[/name],[name]Phoebe[/name] and [name]August[/name] and [name]Theo[/name] for boys

What do you think of [name]Ianthe[/name]? I see different things about pronunciation afraid that may become a hassle

I like [name]Zenobia[/name] better than [name]Ianthe[/name]–for one thing, I’m not sure how [name]Ianthe[/name] is pronounced, but [name]Zenobia[/name] is very straight forward. Also, [name]Zen[/name] makes for a really cool nn–I know a teenage girl who’s name is [name]Zen[/name] and likes it a lot, whereas I have no clue what you’d call an [name]Ianthe[/name] affectionately. I have to say though, I too am a fan of a bunch of those names you listed, so I think you have a lot of good options with which you can work .