Zephaniah

Hi Berries! [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I are expecting a baby (surprise gender) and are in need of a boy name. So far we have [name_u]Corban[/name_u] (my fave) and [name_m]Zephaniah[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] question: Is [name_m]Zephaniah[/name_m] usable? Is it too “out there”? We are thinking of the nickname “Zeph” or “[name_m]Zephan[/name_m]”. What are your honest opinions? [name_u]Baby[/name_u] will be joining an older sister named [name_f]Keturah[/name_f]. :slight_smile: Thank you for your input!

1 Like

I think it’s usable, and while being an unusual name it still sounds familiar.

1 Like

Zephaniah is very cool and unique, and if say it’s usable. It also goes well with [name_f]Keturah[/name_f]. I like Zeph for a nickname.

Wow, [name_f]Keturah[/name_f] is stunning! :heart_eyes:

I think I prefer [name_m]Zephaniah[/name_m] of the two. It’s no more “out there” than the lovely name you chose for your daughter, and it has the same funky Biblical feel. I love the nickname options too.

Perhaps a more simple middle to balance it out? [name_m]Zephaniah[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Zephaniah[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m], [name_m]Zephaniah[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]Zephaniah[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]…

Hi! :wave: Mom of a [name_m]Zebediah[/name_m] here, so of course in going to say [name_m]Zephaniah[/name_m] is a great name. We get nothing but compliments about his name. I think [name_m]Zephaniah[/name_m] flows much better with [name_f]Keturah[/name_f] than [name_u]Corban[/name_u] and the nickname potential is great! [name_f]My[/name_f] 4yo recently said he prefers [name_m]Zebediah[/name_m] than [name_m]Zeb[/name_m], so there’s that. He’s able to pronounce it clearly to other children and others rarely get it wrong because its memorable. I love unique and obscure Biblical names and [name_m]Zephaniah[/name_m] is both!

I don’t think [name_m]Zephaniah[/name_m] is out there at all! I’ve always really liked it :slight_smile: Sounds great with [name_f]Keturah[/name_f]!

Zephaniah is a bold but wearable choice

I would say [name_m]Zephaniah[/name_m] is on the same level of “out there” as [name_f]Keturah[/name_f]. I’ve never heard of either of them! I like it tho, I love “out there” names!

I actually know a [name_m]Zephaniah[/name_m] with the nn Zeph! He wears the name well. So to me it’s very usable. Sure it’s not the common [name_u]Michael[/name_u] but I wouldn’t call it “out there”. Plus I think it goes great with your daughters name!