Zeroing in on a name and MN question

I just have to thank some of you and this site for helping me zero in on a name for my next little boy. We went from DaVinci and [name]Jupiter[/name] and stumbled upon [name]Jove[/name] on this site. I feel [name]Jove[/name] has all the spunk that my first son’s name has ([name]Galileo[/name]), but feels more wearable than [name]Jupiter[/name] or DaVinci to us.

Any opinions on middle names? Specifically, would you give [name]Jove[/name] a mn if his father, mother, and brother do not have one? If so, any ideas?

I think [name]Jove[/name] is appropriately unique to with [name]Galileo[/name]! [name]Roman[/name] version of [name]Zeus[/name], Very cool. Personally, if brother, mother, and father neither have middle names, I wouldn’t give him one either. Unless it’s important that he have a middle name for some reason or other. If you decide you want one I’ll list some anyway.

[name]Jove[/name] [name]Malachi[/name]
[name]Jove[/name] [name]Chance[/name]
[name]Jove[/name] [name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Jove[/name] [name]Orion[/name]
[name]Jove[/name] [name]Rune[/name]
[name]Jove[/name] DaVinci (I do think it’s cool)

[name]Jove[/name] is really cool! I’d tend to keep the “no middle” trend going, especially since your older child does not have a mn. [name]Just[/name] curious as to why no middles? :slight_smile:

I love [name]Jove[/name], and it does feel more usable than DaVinci and I’m not such a fan of [name]Jupiter[/name]. It is rather short to not pair with a middle name, but it might be weird to be the only one without it. Best of luck~

By the way, I love [name]Galileo[/name]! Such a great namesake.

To be honest, I’m not 100% sure why neither my parents nor my husband’s elected to give us middle names especially because both of our brothers have one. In my husband’s case, his younger sibling has one, but he and his twin do not have them. They were surprise twins. Maybe they didn’t have enough names picked out? In my case, I think the reason was that my mom felt that I could pick my own middle name when I was confirmed. My brother inherited a family tradition name as his middle name.

We kind of thought it might be cool to keep the tradition going once we had kids of no middle name. [name]Galileo[/name] seemed long enough of a name that it didn’t need one, but with [name]Jove[/name], it seems short to me. Still, I agree it may be weird to have one when the rest of us don’t.