Zevi, Zevvi, Zavy (or Zeffey) SPELLING!? PRONOUNCIATION!?

Three pronged question here, Berries:

1. [name_m]Zev[/name_m] is common and trendy for boys; could [name_m]Zevi[/name_m] (Zevvy, Zevie, something else?) be a girl’s full name? Pronounced ZEH-vee.

2. Suppose the desired pronunciation was actually ZAY-vee; any suggestions on how to spell that?

3. Zeffie as a stand alone name. Thoughts? (There was an actress from back in the day with that name) [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] would be a good way to get Zeffie, but I believe that nods to a Greek god, versus a Greek goddess…

I always love everyone’s feedback, always such good insights! Looking forward to seeing what ya’ll come up with.

I knew a girl named [name_f]Zelpha[/name_f] (zel-fa).
[name_m]How[/name_m] about Zeva (zee-vah).
Zavione (za-vee-own) looks feminine.
Zephanie ([name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] with a Z) would give you a little Zeffie.
If [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] is zav-vee-er, then Xavee could be zav-ee.
No reason you can’t just use Zayvee!
You can use any nn you want. :slight_smile:

1. I don’t see why not.

2. Zavie or Zavy

3. It would be nice as a nickname (maybe [name_f]Zephyrine[/name_f]?) but I personally don’t like it as a full name. It’s cute but feels incomplete

[name_m]Zevi[/name_m]- for ZEH-vee
Zevie- could be ZAY-vee or ZEH-vee. [name_f]Zelie[/name_f] is pronounced ZAY-lee which made me think that Zevie spelling could work.

Zeffie is cute! Zephora could be a full name? Similar to [name_f]Sephora[/name_f] pronounciation.

I would prob choose [name_m]Zevi[/name_m] as it would have the least explaining.

Otherwise I loove [name_f]Zelie[/name_f] as name if you would consider that :slight_smile:

1. I’d find [name_m]Zevi[/name_m] to be a little weird as a full name because it sounds incomplete.
  2. Zavie, Zevie, Zavy
  3. I prefer [name_m]Zevi[/name_m] to Zeffie, since I find Zeffie to be even more incomplete as a full name. I have had [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] on my boy and girl lists since I was in seventh grade, so I like it for both. It’s probably more appropriate for boys though, and it is a Greek god, so I’d never use it for girls.

Zephryine is the feminine form of [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u].

Zavia is a feminine form of [name_m]Xavier[/name_m], so you would get zay-vee from it.

For Zeffie/Zevie, there’s [name_f]Zelpha[/name_f], Zemfira, [name_f]Zenovia[/name_f], [name_f]Zinovia[/name_f], [name_f]Ziva[/name_f], [name_f]Zofie[/name_f], [name_f]Zofia[/name_f].