Zinnia

What are you thoughts on [name]Zinnia[/name]? I’m looking for something interesting and feminine, different, but not alienating, if you know what I mean.

So, would you consider [name]Zinnia[/name] interestingly different, but still pretty or just weird or too out there? Big brother is [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Leopold[/name], surname is Fu, rhymes with BOO!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I’ve been really liking [name]Zinnia[/name] lately. 6 months ago, I would have hated this name, but it has really grown on me. However, to me it doesn’t seem to fit with [name]Oscar[/name], maybe it’s just me though.

I think [name]Zinnia[/name] is gorgeous! I like it a lot. It has quite a bit of spark. ^-^

Btw, I love your son’s name! [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Leopold[/name] is so handsome and nice. :smiley: I do think that [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Leopold[/name] sounds a little odd with [name]Zinnia[/name] at first, but other than that I love it. If you just say “[name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Zinnia[/name]”, though, it sounds great!

I love zinnia! I agree [name]Zinnia[/name] does not fit that well with oscar. I see Oscars sister being [name]Jewel[/name], [name]Anabelle[/name], [name]Delilah[/name], [name]Lilia[/name], marigold…

I think it’s pretty, but it’s a little too out there for me, personally. I’ve never met a [name]Zinnia[/name], but I think if I did I’d consider it as more of a name than a random flower. It’s definitely growing on me, though. Now that I’m thinking more about it, it has a lovely sound. I think it definitely fits your criteria and goes really well with [name]Oscar[/name] and last name Fu. [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Zinnia[/name] make a wonderful sibset! :slight_smile:

I know a lovely 5 year old named [name]Zinnia[/name], and she loves her name.

Hmm, i don’t care for it much. But maybe that’s because my last name is Zinn. hehe.

[name]Count[/name] me in for “love it”!

What might be some nice middle names for [name]Zinnia[/name]?

love it!

Personally I don’t like it all. it sounds like you are trying really hard to be ‘wacky’ or ‘creative’ in a way that lots of non creative people feel like they have to do when naming their their babies. Wonder why this is? Anyway Z is an ugly letter.

Thanks for the compliments on [name]Oscar[/name]'s name! I’m pretty in love with it myself and am hoping to find something I feel equally as good about for a second baby’s name.

I’ve always loved [name]Zinnia[/name] flowers and the book Chasing Redbird, but I only recently considered it as a name for my only child. I’m definitely falling for it’s sweet, but quirky sound. I also happen to like the letter Z, but not many names that contain one. Maybe I’m just dull and boring but pretending I’m interesting. Oh well, I’m ok with that. At least I’m not cre8tive. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the opinions, all. :slight_smile:

I like it a lot, especially with [name]Oscar[/name]. I’d like to see it paired with something also a bit grand, to fit [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Leopold[/name]'s lovely, majestic name. Maybe one of my favourites, [name]Zinnia[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name] (a bit sing-songy though) or [name]Zinnia[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]?