Zion Mixolydian & Zillion Heir Cannon

Nick Cannon and Abby De La Rosa welcomed twin boys on June 14th!
And Nick Cannon did it again! The names are very unique, as expected! :astonished:

Welcome to the world
Zion Mixolydian & Zillion Heir ‘Zilly’ Cannon

The twins join their oldest siblings:
Powerful Queen (6 months)
Golden (4 years old)
Moroccan Scott & Monroe (10 years old)

The TV presenter is apparently expecting a 7th baby with Alyssa Scott, another boy, rumored to be named Zen!

6 Likes

You’re right about the “unique” between the two names I’m caught up on the Zillion :flushed: and the Mixolydian- I’ll have to look into it more but on the surface it makes me think of something a doctor might prescribe!

1 Like

Thank you, yes, I posted it in the wrong category :wink:
I initially thought Mixolydian was a made-up name because [name_f]English[/name_f] is not my first language and I’ve never seen/read anything similar. I’ve search it, it’s a musical term, if I understood it right.

2 Likes

For others interested I found this on Dictionary.com for Mixolydian:

adjective

music of, relating to, or denoting an authentic mode represented by the ascending natural diatonic scale from G to G

@Estrela, English is my first language and I thought it was made up also. I’m curious to the inspiration for each name combo

1 Like

Mmmmm… groans

It took me awhile to put Zillion Heir into zillionaire…but there it is. Zilly is adorable, I’ll admit.

It’s funny, I remember thinking his first set of twins had out-there names but I think theirs are arguably the most grounded in the end.

8 Likes

Oh my gosh

7 Likes

I attribute the normalcy to Mariah. With seeing how his sibset is turning out I am convinced that he wanted to name them Rock and Roll and that was the closest she’d allow it.

7 Likes

honestly, not surprised but i was actually expecting worse somehow? i mean you can’t really top powerful queen. admittedly, zion mixolydian is pretty cool, even though mixolydian does sound like some sort of chemical but zillion heir is pretty bad. i can’t get over the “zillionaire” part

1 Like

First [name_u]Powerful[/name_u] [name_f]Queen[/name_f] with [name_f]Brittany[/name_f] [name_u]Bell[/name_u] in [name_u]December[/name_u], now the twins with [name_u]Abby[/name_u] de la [name_f]Rosa[/name_f], and yet another baby with [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f] [name_u]Scott[/name_u] coming later this year. [name_u]Four[/name_u] babies with three women in less than a year. He can’t keep getting away with this.

10 Likes

Hmm… I like them better than some of their other choices. It does bother me that Zillion has all the letters in Zion.

3 Likes

I think they’re ridiculous. Poor kids.

What a great meaning! :grin:

I’ve seen Zion before, so it doesn’t seem odd to me. Zillion looks more crazy at first, but it’s a familiar word, so I think it’ll “normal” quite quickly.

I was just reading about him, and jeez… my mind boggles. :flushed: It makes him seem a little creepy, if I’m honest. I don’t think it’ll help his public image.

4 Likes

[name_u]Nick[/name_u] [name_m]Cannon[/name_m] continues his reign as the worst celebrity baby namer… :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

[name_m]Feel[/name_m] really sorry for all his kids. He’s naming them like they’re his vanity plates. This guy is all ego.

On its own I like [name_u]Zion[/name_u]. As a whole, the combos are too dang much.

4 Likes