Zoe is NOT that popular!!!

Yippee! I’m a little ecstatic at the moment! I always thought [name]Zoe[/name] was too popular, but I just looked into it. In Pennsylvania in 2008 [name]Zoe[/name] was number 90, and [name]Zoey[/name] was 97 (combined they’re about number 40)… there were 226 born. There are about 300 school districts in PA, that is only 3/4 of a [name]Zoe[/name] per school district! I am loving those odds SO much!

So (ignore my excitement), what do you think of [name]Zoe[/name]? I think she’s happy and fun, loved by all. She stands up for what she believes in and is nobody’s fool. She’s smart as a whip, too. I see her as a modern bohemian. Maybe she’d move to New [name]York[/name] and go to NYU. Maybe become a vet and marry a French man who calls her [name]Zoelie[/name]…

I really love the name [name]Zoe[/name]! I think it is adorable but still works for an adult. I had thought it was too popular as well, but that is great news for you.

My niece is named [name]Zoe[/name]. I think it is a very sweet name.

I think [name]Zoe[/name] is great - cute and spunky. I think [name]Zooey[/name] Deschanel who I love!

I love the name [name]Zoe[/name] so much. I had a dog named [name]Zoe[/name] for about 9 years, which I picked out at about 4 years old, so I’ve loved it for awhile.
I think that [name]Zoe[/name] works well for a little girl and an adult. Like you I picture a bohemian girl who is not afraid to be different and speak her mind. Quirky and cool.
I love it. :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] the enthusiasm, [name]Lyndsay[/name]! [name]Zoe[/name] is definitely one of those spunky, modern names that always sounds fresh to me. It is playful and feminine while still being stylish and elegant.

So, I was going back and looking at some of your older posts (i.e., [name]Lincoln[/name] “[name]Link[/name]” and [name]Frederick[/name] “[name]Red[/name]”) and I had some thoughts…

With [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Rowe[/name], you have a name that combines a handsome, vintage classic with a smart, masculine traditional name and a family surname. You have that alliteration up front, too! Now, I know that using alliteration in each name up front could be difficult, so what about rotating it with each child’s name?

These were names you liked before for girls:

[name]Magnolia[/name] [name]May[/name] Darling
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Sage[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Bliss[/name]
Lulette [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]

My suggestions, with that set of names, were:

[name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Maribelle[/name] [name]Sage[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Frost[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Bliss[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Lucretia[/name] Darling

I also liked:

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Theresa[/name] Tilley
[name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name] Darling
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Sage[/name] - [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Helena[/name] [name]Hart[/name]
[name]Lucretia[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] [name]Bliss[/name] - [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] [name]Bliss[/name]

I thought your boy names could be:

[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Francis[/name] [name]Drake[/name] “[name]Red[/name]”
[name]August[/name] [name]Anthony[/name] [name]Cloud[/name] “[name]Oz[/name]”
[name]William[/name] Warfield [name]Dodge[/name] “[name]Dodge[/name]”
[name]Lincoln[/name] [name]Leopold[/name] [name]Treat[/name] “[name]Link[/name]”

(I know you also quite like [name]Lincoln[/name] [name]William[/name] Warfield, which is superb!)

The issue for me is blending [name]Zoe[/name], which is awesome with [name]Dash[/name], with a handsome, vintage name like [name]Dashiell[/name]. [name]Zoe[/name] feels much more modern to me than [name]Dashiell[/name], and it bothers me a bit. What if you did something like [name]Zora[/name]? [name]Zora[/name] reminds me of author [name]Zora[/name] [name]Neale[/name] Hurston, and it sounds vintage and distinguished, like [name]Dashiell[/name]. Did you know there was an author called [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Hammett[/name], who went by [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Hammett[/name] in his later - authorial - life? [name]Zora[/name] sounds a bit like [name]Zoe[/name], and you ‘might’ be able to get by using [name]Zoe[/name] - or at least [name]Zo[/name] - as a nickname for [name]Zora[/name], if you like it. Or, you could use [name]Zoe[/name] as a middle name, as in [name]Zora[/name] [name]Zoe[/name] Toogood or [name]Zora[/name] [name]Zoe[/name] [name]Bliss[/name] or [name]Zora[/name] [name]Zinnia[/name] [name]Bliss[/name]! What do you think?

So, I was playing around with sibling sets with your names - because they are just such fun names! - and here is a new set for you:

1. [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Rowe[/name] “[name]Dash[/name]” :wink:
  2. [name]Lincoln[/name] [name]William[/name] Warfield “[name]Link[/name]” OR [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Summer[/name] [name]Sage[/name] “[name]Moxie[/name]”
  3. [name]August[/name] [name]Anthony[/name] [name]Cloud[/name] “[name]Oz[/name]” OR [name]Zora[/name] [name]Zoe[/name] [name]Bliss[/name] “[name]Zaza[/name]”
  4. [name]Frederick[/name] [name]Timothy[/name] [name]Treat[/name] “[name]Red[/name]” OR [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Helena[/name] [name]Hart[/name] “[name]Betsey[/name]”
  5. [name]Hugo[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] [name]Dodge[/name] “[name]Dodge[/name]” OR [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Lucretia[/name] Darling “[name]Lulu[/name]”
  6. [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] Beaumont “[name]Nat[/name]” OR [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Tabitha[/name] Tilley “Ceci”

There! Got you up to six (plus) kids with reverse alliteration! What do you think?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]EDIT[/name]: Gosh, I am super sorry for this novel of a post, [name]Lyndsay[/name]! I had no idea it got this long…

[name]Love[/name] the name [name]Zoe[/name]!

[name]Zoe[/name]'s a great name, and the original Z-O-E spelling without the Y is ttly fab. :slight_smile:

Some people coin [name]Zoe[/name] as a modern name, but it’s really not. It’s just never been all that huge around these parts, and so it feels newer than it is. Which is great if you love fresh-sounding names with history, as I’m sure you do!

I love [name]Zoe[/name]! I only know of one [name]Zoe[/name], and she’s 4- the most precious little girl

I think [name]Zoe[/name] is a great name! I don’t know any kids named [name]Zoe[/name] but I do know two cats. [name]Just[/name] so you are aware-- I think it is a popular pet name.

[name]Zoe[/name] is a very pretty name. I love it with [name]Dashiell[/name]. I know a really cute and kind little girl named [name]Zoe[/name]. If I could have another little girl, [name]Zoe[/name] would be on my name list.