• Zooey

0 voters

Which spelling do you like LEAST?

• Zoe
  • Zoey
  • Zoie
  • Zooey

0 voters

I used to love [name_u]Zooey[/name_u] (from Deschanel) but now I’d say my favorite is [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] (my millennial is showing - maybe from [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] 101?). [name_u]Zooey[/name_u] is still cute, but looks a little too busy. [name_f]My[/name_f] least favorite is [name_f]Zoie[/name_f]. The i just looks unnecessary (as if the y in [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] and the o/y in [name_u]Zooey[/name_u] aren’t? Lol). [name_f]My[/name_f] arbitrary opinion!

2 Likes

[name_u]Zoe[/name_u] I always want to pronounce as just zo. [name_f]Zoie[/name_f] in my head looks like zoy. And [name_u]Zooey[/name_u] to me is zoo-ey (like the zoo).

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is the simple but classic [name_u]Zoe[/name_u].

I don’t like [name_f]Zoie[/name_f] or [name_u]Zooey[/name_u] and I’m not so keen on [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] either - it just feels like adding a letter to a classic name to me :woman_shrugging:

I should like Zoe the best, for being classic and being the one that makes sense linguistically, but I just have a soft spot for Zoey :sweat_smile: It feels very 2000’s to me in a sweet & nostalgic way.

2 Likes

I’ve had friends called [name_u]Zoe[/name_u], [name_f]Zoie[/name_f], and [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] through my life! [name_f]Zoie[/name_f] is such a cool spelling. The Greek way!

I like [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] the best, it’s simple but nice, my second favourite pick would be the [name_f]Zoie[/name_f] spelling