Zoe...

What do you think about this name? I love its meaning Life. [name]Just[/name] wanted some opinions outside the family

I love it in theory because of its sound and meaning, and I really do like it when I hear it on somebody, but for some reason I always feel that it’s not substantial enough as a full name. I hate that, because it really is such a great name. I don’t think I’d use it for one of my children, partially for that reason but also because it’s getting pretty popular now (there’s a [name]Zoe[/name] in my son’s kindergarten class, and there is another in our neighborhood).

But I do think it’s a nice name.

I love the name [name]Zoe[/name] but as a nickname. I love it so much I have been trying to think of a longer name that I can use [name]Zoe[/name] as a nickname for. If you think of any, I’ll steal it from you! :slight_smile:

I know so many of them that the name just isn’t that exciting anymore. Especially with all the ‘spellings’-- [name]Zoie[/name], [name]Zoey[/name], Zoeigh, etc. It is a nice name, though, and I do think it ages well. Plus it has a great history and meaning.

I love the look of this name. It is very sleek and edgy. However, I don’t particularly like the sound of it. It’s a very fun sounding name, but in my opinion, it lacks sophistication. I prefer the Russian version of [name]Zoa[/name]. The “ah” ending feels a little more elegant than the “oh-ee” ending.

I love the name [name]Zoe[/name] and I know an adult [name]Zoe[/name], and the name “grows up” just fine.

Good luck!

[name]Zoe[/name] is a character on [name]Sesame[/name] [name]Street[/name] so your child will definitely get linked to her. (I’m not a huge fan of that character, so it’s turned me off of the name.)

I love the suggestion of [name]Zoa[/name]!