0 boy names

So my fiancee and I cannot agree on ONE boy name. We already know what we will name the baby if it is a girl, that was easy. He wants a strong male name for our son and is into classic names like [name]Andrew[/name] and [name]George[/name] which are both family pet names and I can’t get past that. He is very stuck on [name]Andrew[/name] and it’s a very popular name to begin with. He doesn’t want to name our son something cute “because one day he will be a man and have to have that name.”

The only name we have sort of agreed on is [name]Max[/name], but that is becoming so popular and I don’t want to have a child with the same name as a ton of kids at school. Our girl will be named [name]Tully[/name] [name]Carolyne[/name] (which will be pronounced [name]Caro[/name]-lean, I heard it in a song and was in love ever since) so I want an eclectic boy name as well.

Another problem is that both of our families love to name our animals people names. Between our parents and us we have a: [name]Toby[/name], [name]Tyler[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Riley[/name], [name]Roscoe[/name], [name]Daphne[/name], [name]George[/name] and [name]Andrew[/name] (who just passed away). [name]Do[/name] you see my dilemma? lol

Heres a list of names that I really like, so suggestions for spin offs that my fiancee would possibly like are welcome!

[name]Knight[/name] (this is my #1 favorite)
[name]Ari[/name]
[name]Max[/name] (most agreed on)
[name]Cohen[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Kimber[/name] (he says is a girls name)
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] (he likes, i’m unsure)
[name]Camden[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]

[name]Ari[/name] is my favorite from your list, though I am admittedly biased as it is my son’s name. I think it is adorable on a child and also seems strong and masculine on a man. A good compromise for you and your husband’s taste might be the classic [name]Adrian[/name], nn [name]Ari[/name]. I sometimes wish I had done this, if only because I adore both names, but they’re too close to use separately!

Good luck!

Sounds like your fiance is into classic, masculine names while you are more of a fan of more modern names. If your fiance really loves [name]Andrew[/name] is [name]Anderson[/name] a possibility? Or is it to close to [name]Andrew[/name]? It kind of meets a middle point between [name]Andrew[/name] and a name like [name]Jackson[/name]. [name]Max[/name] is really lovely, and it’s not as popular as you might think. You might like [name]Malcolm[/name], which is strong and masculine, but has [name]Mac[/name] as a cute nickname. You might also like [name]Dax[/name], which is similar but much less popular.

Since your fiance is into more classic names he might like strong surname names like [name]Harrison[/name], [name]Hudson[/name], [name]Grayson[/name], [name]Easton[/name], [name]Davis[/name], [name]Wilson[/name], [name]Jameson[/name], [name]Judson[/name], etc. Off your list I love [name]Elliot[/name], [name]Grant[/name] and [name]Leo[/name]. [name]Knight[/name] would be fantastic in the middle. Similar to [name]Elliot[/name] are [name]Elias[/name] and [name]Elijah[/name], both of which are strong, biblical, solid names. [name]Grant[/name] brings to mine short but powerful names like [name]Cole[/name], [name]Reed[/name], [name]Blaise[/name], [name]Chase[/name], [name]Shane[/name], [name]Jude[/name], and [name]Blake[/name]. [name]Leo[/name] is great, and if you want something a little more uncommon you could lengthen it to [name]Leon[/name] or [name]Leopold[/name]. Similar names are [name]Theo[/name], [name]Milo[/name], and [name]Hugo[/name].

Also, since your fiance likes classic names you might consider looking into that set of names to see if there’s anything you like, some more eccentric ideas: [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Calvin[/name], [name]Duncan[/name], [name]Lawrence[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Simon[/name], [name]Julian[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Peter[/name].

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

[name]Grant[/name] is a great name…it is my husband’s name and the few [name]Grant[/name]'s that I have know have all been awesome, very intelligent guys! I also love [name]Elias[/name].

Thank you for the suggestions! :slight_smile: I like anderson and jameson (we are both irish!)

I am going to have him make a list of what he likes and do one of my own and try to compare. We will see what happens!

I will update you guys soon on any new names!

Classic/strong vs. eclectic/distinctive” maybe consider using a classic, formal name with a fun, quirky nickname? That way your child has multiple options and everyone”s happy.

Your child”s name would quickly eclipse a pet”s name in your memory. It”s probably a good idea to keep throwing names around to see what sticks and identify common trends/preferences.

Some ideas that came to mind:
[name]Theodore[/name] (nn [name]Theo[/name])
[name]George[/name] (nn [name]Geo[/name])
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Emerson[/name]
[name]Weston[/name] (nn [name]West[/name])
[name]Dominic[/name]

Good luck!