1 last day to make our decision final! Need your help!

Some of you know me and the emotional battle that my husband and I have been through over the last year with our youngest daughter’s name… [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Raquel[/name]. While we decided to keep her first name as [name]Sariah[/name], we have decided to change her mn. We prefer to use family names as our children’s mns, so this list consists of names derived from family names, except for one. [name]Sariah[/name] turns 1 on [name]Saturday[/name], so we have to make this change tomorrow, and we’ll be deciding tonight on her new mn!

I would like to get some last opinions on the names we have chosen for her.

FYI: we have a [name]Jacob[/name] [name]Justin[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. We also had a [name]Justin[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] who passed away. DH is demanding to use [name]Rose[/name] again as [name]Sariah[/name]'s mn, but I am refusing to budge. I have included two [name]Rose[/name] variants that we both agree on so he could get his [name]Rose[/name], and I could get a different name.

Thank you all for your help!
[name]Raquel[/name]

[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Jamie[/name] - after DH’s brother [name]James[/name]. We’re not sure which of the 1000 ways to spell it though… kind of leaning towards [name]Jamie[/name] or [name]Jayme[/name]. If anyone has a prettier variation, please share!
[name]Sariah[/name] Rosabel - from great grandma [name]Rose[/name] and the el in my name [name]Raquel[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] - from [name]Rose[/name] and grandpa [name]Stanley[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Madolyn[/name] or [name]Madelyn[/name] - Ma from grandma [name]Mary[/name], do/d from grandma [name]Dorothy[/name], lyn from my mom’s mn
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Mali[/name] - pn’d Mah-[name]LEE[/name] - from [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Stanley[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Maribel[/name] - from [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Raquel[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Noel[/name] or [name]Noelle[/name] - not a family name. we’d use this b/c she was born so close to [name]Christmas[/name]. Since we would prefer a family name, this would probably be chosen only if we can’t agree on one of the other choices.

Again thank you everyone!

I like [name]Sariah[/name] Rosabel

Also, have you considered [name]Rosalind[/name] as a middle name?

[name]Raquel[/name],

I just PM’d you, but here is a summation of my thoughts from my message:

1. I don’t like [name]Rose[/name] names for [name]Sariah[/name] because [name]Alanna[/name]'s middle name is [name]Rose[/name], but I understand [name]Patrick[/name] loves that idea. However, to further bolster my claim against Rosabel or [name]Rosalie[/name] for [name]Sariah[/name]'s middle name, I think you can do much better, flow-wise, with a non-R name.

2. [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Noel[/name] is gorgeous and I honestly love it, but if you want a family name, nix it!

3. [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Mali[/name] is cute, but everyone will mistake [name]Mali[/name] for [name]Molly[/name]. Why not use [name]Molly[/name]? I know I’ve suggested it before, and it’s a natural fit, as a diminutive of [name]Mary[/name]. Plus, it looks like [name]Stanley[/name]. [name]Mali[/name] really does sound pretty much just like [name]Molly[/name], too: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8a/En-us-Mali.ogg

So, my absolute favorite is [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Molly[/name] G., my second favorite is [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Jayme[/name] G., and my third favorite is [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Madelyn[/name] G. Good luck!

L

Since [name]Alanna[/name]'s mn is [name]Rose[/name], I wouldn’t use [name]Rose[/name] again.
I really like [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Madelyn[/name]!

Good luck!

I love [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Noel[/name] & [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Mali[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are beautiful.

Would your husband be willing to go with another flower (other than rose) for her middle name?

I love [name]Sariah[/name] Rosabel or [name]Rosalie[/name] for their flow but [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Madolyn[/name] to be unique from her big sister. [name]Trust[/name] me, you don’t want [name]Sariah[/name] to feel like she lost something with this change and having to share with big sister could cause future issues.
BTW I love the way [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Raquel[/name] looks and sounds.

Thank you everyone for your help! Please keep your thoughts coming!

@ chantillylace… yes I have, DH doesn’t like it.
@ wildcrafted… we were thinking about [name]Lily[/name] from his mom’s name [name]Susan[/name], but he doesn’t like it.
@sadiesadie… thank you, but this entire year we have not gotten comfortable with saying it. it feels odd, out of place, and forced. i see it as her name and my name, not her name.

Oh… one other thing. If we choose one of the [name]Rose[/name] names, and [name]Alanna[/name] or [name]Sariah[/name] were ever upset about it I would tell them that they were both named after a beautiful, strong, and beloved woman who was a great influence in my life, and whom I greatly miss. I would tell them also that I loved her as much as I loved each of them and that there was not anyway I couldn’t use her name for both of them. :wink:

[name]Hi[/name]–here is my list of favorites:

1. [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Maribel[/name] – so pretty!
  2. [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Madelyn[/name]
  3. [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
  4. [name]Sariah[/name] Rosabel

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Raquel[/name]

[name]Happy[/name] Birthday to [name]Sariah[/name], I just love her name! My choice is [name]Maribel[/name] because it is melodic and very feminine and also connects to [name]Raquel[/name] (which I love).

I hope that DH does not want a [name]Rose[/name] name because you already did that with [name]Alanna[/name], I think [name]Sariah[/name] needs another name altogether.

Hoping that the name you choose gives you peace and happiness as well as all the joy you are receiving from your beautiful girl.

Is [name]Maribel[/name] your favourite?

Take care,

rollo xox

[name]Rollo[/name]… actually I want [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Mae[/name], but DH isn’t budging on this one. :frowning: I kind of like [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Madelyn[/name] the most, I think. DH also threw [name]Justine[/name] in the mix, which I’m not sure I want to do either since that would have 2 kids named after [name]Justin[/name], leaving [name]Alanna[/name] out. If I had to go with one of the [name]Rose[/name] names then I would pick Rosabel. I’m not sure on our name pick yet. DH wanted to sleep on it… I’m waiting for him to call.

I like it [name]Raquel[/name], but Rosabel is a nice second.

Rosabel is such a stunning, feminine name, and you get the best of both worlds with regards to [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Raquel[/name]. On top of that, I think it sounds great next to the spunky [name]Sariah[/name], so it definitely gets my vote!

[name]Auburn[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] I hope that you are closer to a final decision.

I have a [name]Jacquelyn[/name] so I love ‘lyn’ names, but they get bad press on nameberry unfortunately. I think that [name]Madelyn[/name] is such a pretty name one of the nicest to become popular over the last few years.

Can I just say that if you spelt it as [name]Madeleine[/name] it repeats the ‘i’ in [name]Sariah[/name] which I really like ie, [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] (see what I mean)?

Rosabel is a pretty name too.

Go with your ‘gut’ instinct.

All the best

rollo

Well… after a ridiculous couple of hours of waiting in the vital records office, I found out we have to submit the change form by mail to the state to begin the process… even though someone at the state told me I could go to the vital records office to do it. So I went home printed the form, went to the currency exchange to get it notarized and then to the post office to get it postdated for today, all in hopes that it will qualify as being submitted before her 1st birthday. I have no idea when I will find out if it qualified, so it’s just a waiting game now. If it turns out they aren’t accepting our application because it comes in after her birthday, we will still change it. So we chose…

[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Caitlyn[/name]!

I am very happy now. Actually when they told me that I had to mail it in I almost started to cry! So hopefully it all works out!

Thank you so much every one who helped out through the past year with [name]Sariah[/name]'s name. It is now official, her name will forever be [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Caitlyn[/name]!

Well I am surprised! I didn’t know that [name]Caitlyn[/name] was on the agenda, HOWEVER, I love [name]Caitlyn[/name], small wonder with a daughter named [name]Jacquelyn[/name] [name]Kate[/name]!

Sorry to hear that you had the run around with the red tape on getting the info to the official sources but AT LAST you will rest easy and your beautiful daughter has a gorgeous name.

I am very happy for you!!! :slight_smile:

PS [name]Just[/name] noticed your poll on another thread.

[name]Rollo[/name]… [name]Caitlyn[/name] was in, then out, then in again -no thanks to DH! I’m still wishing I could have used [name]Mae[/name] as her mn, but I’m very happy with [name]Caitlyn[/name] since that was one of my original picks when we decided to change her mn months ago.

Thank you all again!