Start with Part 1 if you missed it.
Add 10 years to everyone’s ages. Roll to add children to the family.
Number of children: roll a 6-sided die
Genders: roll even for a girl, odd for a boy
Ages: roll a 10-sided die
First and middle names: roll a 12-sided die
- Early African American Names (Nameberry)
- Late nineteenth century baby names that are rarely used now (We Have Kids)
- Male: Roman Names for Boys (Nameberry)
Female: Roman Names for Girls (Nameberry)
- 19th Century American Artists (Artcyclopedia)
- Top 200 names in England and Wales in 1890 (britishbabynames.com)- choose from 160-200
- One-hit wonder baby names from the 1890s (nancy.cc) OR Names unusually popular in the 1890s (nametrends.net)
- Victorian Royal Baby Names (Nameberry)
- A variant of one parent’s name (or otherwise inspired by the parents’ names)
- Offbeat names from Anne of Green Gables (Nameberry userlist)
- Random Name Generator (Behind the Name) Select “Biblical” and “Literature”
- Male: LDS Doctrine and Covenants People (Wikipedia)
Female: List of Joseph Smith’s Wives (Wikipedia)
- NameGenerator.org.uk (set birth year to 1890, set gender, and set to generate 30 names, then hit Enter on your keyboard)
When you’re done, move on to Part 3.