13 babies

There was a story in the papers here today about a woman who’s had 13 kids and apparently plans to continue to have more until she has twins or triplets (?!?). Her list of names was fascinating. It starts out quite traditional, and then it’s a mix of Greek mythology, literary references and word names. And can the last one really be a reference to the Friday the 13th movies?

[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Stephen[/name]
Malachai
Peppermint
[name]Echo[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Rogue[/name]
[name]Frodo[/name]
[name]Morpheus[/name]
[name]Artemis[/name]
Blackbird
Baudelaire
Voorhees

[name]Patrick[/name] - Fine name
[name]Stephen[/name] - Anothr perfectly acceptable name
Malachai - Slightly more unusual but still fine
Peppermint - [name]Say[/name] what now?
[name]Echo[/name] - A little better…
[name]Eli[/name] - Back to normal names again. Phew
[name]Rogue[/name] - I spoke too soon
[name]Frodo[/name] - Poor child
[name]Morpheus[/name] - Poor poor child
[name]Artemis[/name] - Erm…
Blackbird - Random
Baudelaire - Pretty, but not for a first name
Voorhees - No comment

It’s like she started naming them properly but got bored of that and started to just name them the worst names of films she saw before she gave birth.

I wonder how many of her children tried crawl back into the womb upon hear their given name?

:slight_smile:

Haha [name]Jill[/name]! I’d say at least 75% of them. Those poor poor children.

Please tell me this isn’t true!! Another example of how not everyone should procreate! And she’s not even using the chance we would all love - to name 13 real children! :slight_smile:

Ha, nice names! It looks like she started normal then just thought ‘what the heck!’
My great grandma had 14 babies but she named them all pretty boring names, [name]Kay[/name], [name]Bruce[/name], [name]Beth[/name], [name]Ken[/name], [name]Linda[/name], [name]Julie[/name], [name]Peter[/name], [name]Jane[/name]. Er thats all I can remember. Maybe I will ask my Grandma and post the list of first and middle names.

I consider myself pretty liberal when it comes to names and naming.

In fact, I have dear friends belonging to various different subcultures (goth, hippie, etc.) who are intelligent and loving parents and who have given their children names that might be considered “out there” by mainstream society.

However…

I am compelled to say that any parent who would name her child after a HOBBIT seriously needs to be smacked upside the head with the handiest copy of Beyond [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Aiden[/name] until her ears are [name]Lord[/name]-of-the-ringing.

– [name]Nephele[/name]

I am compelled to say that any parent who would name her child after a HOBBIT seriously needs to be smacked upside the head with the handiest copy of Beyond [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Aiden[/name] until her ears are [name]Lord[/name]-of-the-ringing.

– [name]Nephele[/name][/quote]

Haha! That made me laugh [name]Nephele[/name]! So true though…

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I consider myself pretty liberal when it comes to names and naming.

In fact, I have dear friends belonging to various different subcultures (goth, hippie, etc.) who are intelligent and loving parents and who have given their children names that might be considered “out there” by mainstream society.

However…

– [name]Nephele[/name][/quote]

Exactly [name]Nephele[/name] and [name]Jill[/name]!! I saw that article too…[name]Patrick[/name] and [name]Stephen[/name] did not prepare me for what was coming next…I had to refresh my page several times before I believed it. :slight_smile: Apparently she is already pregnant with her 14th…and god only knows what she will name that one!!
[name]Kiki[/name]–LOL to your comments on the names!

Here, I found the article–here are the reasons for each strange name, copied and pasted. The mother’s name is [name]Sara[/name]…just goes to show.

[name]Patrick[/name] ” named after [name]Sara[/name]'s grandmother’s surname of [name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Stephen[/name] ” after his doting dad, [name]Stephen[/name]
Malachai ” after a character in the horror film, Children of the Corn
Peppermint ” after [name]Sara[/name] started craving mints during her fourth pregnancy
[name]Echo[/name] ” after a group of eco-campaigners who [name]Stephen[/name] met during a job at work
[name]Eli[/name] ” another character in the 1984 film Children of the Corn
[name]Rogue[/name] ” a character in the film X-Men
[name]Frodo[/name] ” hobbit in [name]Lord[/name] of the Rings
[name]Morpheus[/name] ” a character in film, The Matrix, staring [name]Keanu[/name] [name]Reeves[/name]
[name]Artemis[/name] ” book character, [name]Artemis[/name] Fowl, an obnoxious teenage criminal
Blackbird ” named after a gathering of blackbirds which flew onto [name]Sara[/name]'s lawn
Baudelaire ” named after the Baudelaire orphans which featured in Lemony Snicket’s film A Series of Unfortunate Events
Voorhees ” named after serial killer, [name]Jason[/name] Voorhees in the horror movie, Friday The 13th

Somebody, please, take away this woman’s DVD player!!!

Makes me wonder whether she was watching these movies with keen concentration while in bed, while her hubby with equally keen concentration was… Oh, you get the picture.

– [name]Nephele[/name]

Wow. [name]Paloma[/name], I hadn’t seen that article - just the names. I’m so glad you added that info. And here I was thinking they were unfortunate names, but that she certainly had a wide range of literary interests which gave the names history if nothing else. When it turns out to just be a wide library of horror films. Ick.

Hmm, those are truly terrible names, but I felt sad more than anything reading that article. That woman sounds like she has a serious case of OCD.

On a lighter note, I loved the caption below the picture accompanying the article. “A pregnant woman silhouetted against a set of blinds.” Really? Golly, I would never had guessed!