2 girls + 1 boy

Soon after my husband and I were married, we chose one boy’s name and one girl’s name that we both had fallen in love with. We got to use our boy’s name with our darling now three-year-old [name]Griffin[/name] [name]William[/name]. When I found out I was pregnant again, we were so happy and hoped for a girl (since we already had the perfect name), but we have since learned that we are expecting TWO girls and ONE boy. Triplets. We knew this could be a possibility (I am a fraternal twin and so are my younger brother and sister), but we never prepared our names for it.

So (sorry for the long background story), hubby and I originally picked out [name]Willow[/name] [name]Danya[/name] for a baby girl. Now, we are searching for another girl and another boy to go with [name]Willow[/name] and [name]Griffin[/name].

Ideas we like the most:

[name]Toula[/name] [name]Kaatje[/name] (girl)
[name]Heidi[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] (girl)
[name]Leland[/name] Andr”s (boy - poss nn [name]Leo[/name])
[name]Sebastian[/name] Andr”s (boy)
[name]Oliver[/name] Andr”s (boy)

• we’re pretty set on Andr”s for his middle name…

Possible firsts we like:

[name]Rowan[/name] (girl)
[name]Pilar[/name] (girl)
[name]Bella[/name] (girl) - My friend has a 12-year-old daughter, and she has warned me about the “Twilight” books/movies with a main character named [name]Bella[/name]…
[name]Lars[/name] (boy)
[name]Landon[/name] (boy - nn [name]Lars[/name])

Input, Suggestions, and Ideas are greatly appreciated! Last name is McOrril (pn m-[name]COR[/name]-il).

Thank you! - [name]Bernie[/name]

I will try to help

[name]Heidi[/name] [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Marika[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] make a great sibset but don’t suit [name]Willow[/name]

[name]Willow[/name] and

[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Lorelai[/name]
[name]Fleur[/name] [name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Alicia[/name] [name]Fern[/name]
[name]Paige[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Petula[/name] [name]Skye[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Esther[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Hope[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]

Boys

[name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Andres[/name]
[name]Lars[/name] [name]Willem[/name]
[name]Landon[/name] [name]Aksel[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Andres[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Leon[/name] but [name]Oliver[/name] is very popular
[name]Peter[/name] Xenon
[name]Preston[/name] [name]Philip[/name]

I really like [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Andres[/name] for the boy! [name]Willow[/name] [name]Danya[/name] is cute but I’m not a huge fan of the flow between the two names. I would personally prefer [name]Willow[/name] [name]Daniella[/name] or even [name]Willow[/name] [name]Danielle[/name]. It has to do with the number of syllables and where the accent falls, I think. Also, does it bother you that [name]Willow[/name] is a lot like [name]William[/name] in your oldest’s name?

[name]Griffin[/name] [name]William[/name], [name]Willow[/name] [name]Danya[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Andres[/name] and…

[name]Rowan[/name] (I think this name fits the best from your list. [name]Heidi[/name] is adorable but such a different style.)
Possible middles: [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Kate[/name], [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Violet[/name], [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]
I also like [name]Pilar[/name], but only when said with a hispanic accent. It would drive me nuts if people kept saying “pill-er” all the time.

Other ideas to go with [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Willow[/name]:
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Rosa[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]

[name]Griffin[/name] and willow are very nice fairly unusual names. for your boy sebastian andres is the best great names great flow.

[name]Toula[/name] [name]Kaatje[/name] (girl) doesnt flow well with any of the sib names, looks made up and kind of like towel. sorry
[name]Heidi[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] (girl) dated
[name]Rowan[/name] (girl) too unisex
[name]Pilar[/name] (girl) ok not the best flow w sibs but love as a middle name
[name]Bella[/name] (girl) - super super popular! i cant tell u how many 5 yr old and under named isabella r arabella, mirabella or anabella go by bella. If popularity doesnt bother you i would use one of the longer versions just so she has a little flexibility in the future.

willow and…
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Pilar[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name] [name]Pilar[/name]

Thank you everyone for your comments! Any insight is much appreciated. I’ve heard many great things about you gals (my good friend [name]Rosa[/name] frequents these boards - especially with baby T.K. on the way - and she’s been nice enough to let me use her user name) and I can see that they’re all true :slight_smile:

I’m actually really warming up to [name]Rowan[/name]. But, now the question would be: the middle and which spelling ([name]Rowen[/name] or [name]Rowan[/name]). I’m leaning towards the [name]Rowan[/name] spelling, just because I think it looks more appealing, but I’m not sure - is one more common for girls? Middles I’m thinking of…[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Pilar[/name] (definitely pronounced pee-LAHR), [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Paige[/name], [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Valentina[/name], or [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Tallulah[/name]. I love how [name]Willow[/name], [name]Griffin[/name], & [name]Rowan[/name] are all naturey/animal themes…

We’re pretty set on [name]Willow[/name] [name]Danya[/name], but thanks for the mention of the syllables jemma. Also, we don’t mind [name]Willow[/name]/[name]William[/name]. I rarely ever call [name]Griffin[/name] by his full name, and we actually like the similarity.

From your girls suggestions I like [name]Paige[/name], but I’m not really excited by the others…I might do some digging for some unique, nature relates names and then see what you guys think.

Boys: Right now, I’m leaning towards either [name]Sebastian[/name] Andr”s, [name]Landon[/name] Andr”s (w nickname [name]Lars[/name]…I just love the sound of [name]Lars[/name] McOrril), or [name]Landon[/name] [name]Oliver[/name].

Again, thanks so much!!! - [name]Bernie[/name] (& [name]Beau[/name])

We’re pretty set on [name]Willow[/name] [name]Danya[/name]. Also, we don’t mind [name]Willow[/name]/[name]William[/name].

From your girls suggestions I like [name]Paige[/name]

[/quote]

[name]Hi[/name] I am excited that you like [name]Paige[/name] so much I think it is a lovely name, I think that the combo of [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Paige[/name] is very, very nice.

[name]Griffin[/name], [name]Willow[/name], [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Landon[/name]. Very well named children.

I think that [name]Rowan[/name] spelt like this is lovely because you get the [name]Anne[/name] sound on the end which is feminine and I like the possible nn of [name]Anne[/name].

I actually like [name]Landon[/name] full name better than [name]Lars[/name] in this sibset although I really like [name]Lars[/name] but I would put him in another sibset like

[name]Lars[/name], [name]Sylvie[/name], [name]Brigitte[/name] and [name]Anneliese[/name] but then [name]Griffin[/name] would not fit.

Please let us know of your final decision and when your babies are born post a birth notice here.

Nn’s

[name]Griff[/name], [name]Willa[/name], [name]Ro[/name] or [name]Anne[/name], [name]Lanny[/name]

or if you choose [name]Sebastian[/name] the nn’s are [name]Griff[/name], [name]Willa[/name], [name]Ro[/name], [name]Seb[/name]

I think [name]Landon[/name] fits the sibset best although [name]Sebastian[/name] is a great name.

Have you thought of [name]Heath[/name] as a name for your son to keep the nature theme going? Or is that too much? eg [name]Heath[/name], [name]Willow[/name], [name]Rowan[/name], [name]Griffin[/name]

[name]Love[/name] [name]Griffin[/name] and [name]Willow[/name]!

Ideas we like the most:

[name]Toula[/name] [name]Kaatje[/name] (girl) - pretty!
[name]Heidi[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] (girl) - look up [name]Heidi[/name] on “check out a name”.
[name]Leland[/name] Andr”s (boy - poss nn [name]Leo[/name]) - handsome
[name]Sebastian[/name] Andr”s (boy) - love
[name]Oliver[/name] Andr”s (boy) - love

• we’re pretty set on Andr”s for his middle name…

Possible firsts we like:

[name]Rowan[/name] (girl) - I like it a lot
[name]Pilar[/name] (girl) - love, but I bet my daughter wouldn’t like it.
[name]Bella[/name] (girl) - My friend has a 12-year-old daughter, and she has warned me about the “Twilight” books/movies with a main character named [name]Bella[/name]… - Very popular and too similar to [name]Willow[/name]
[name]Lars[/name] (boy) - I love [name]Lars[/name] because I love the movie “[name]Lars[/name] and the Real Girl”.
[name]Landon[/name] (boy - nn [name]Lars[/name]) - I don’t like it because it reminds me of [name]Michael[/name] [name]Landon[/name] the actor.

Input, Suggestions, and Ideas are greatly appreciated! Last name is McOrril (pn m-[name]COR[/name]-il).

[name]How[/name] exciting! :slight_smile:

From your list, I really love [name]Willow[/name] with [name]Toula[/name]! :slight_smile: With [name]Willow[/name] being so feminine and graceful, I picture her sister’s name being 100% feminine, too:

[name]Aveline[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name] (a plant name, which may be too much of a theme with [name]Willow[/name])
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name] (flower name)
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Maren[/name] (only if you like alliteration) :slight_smile:
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name] (A place name, but I think it’s feminine, like [name]Willow[/name]…nn [name]Romy[/name])
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]

Names like [name]Rowan[/name] for girls:

[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Bronwyn[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name] (not the best with your last name, though, but it’s less popular than [name]Bella[/name])
[name]Darien[/name]
[name]Darby[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Lane[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Tierney[/name]

Boys, along the lines of [name]Griffin[/name]:

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Kellan[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name] (nn [name]Quinn[/name], although [name]Quinn[/name] seems to be getting popular on girls…)
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]

(I fogot about [name]Andres[/name], which doesn’t work the all of the above names… Oops!)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Awesome nickname ideas, rollo. If we go with [name]Rowan[/name], we are definitely going with the nickname [name]Ro[/name]. I think its super cute! [name]Landon[/name] fits so well with the others, but I just love [name]Sebastian[/name] :slight_smile: [name]Heath[/name] definitely works with the theme, but as linda & pam say about it, [name]Heath[/name] Ledger is still too fresh in my mind.

I did look up [name]Heidi[/name], susan, but my husband just adores that name.

From your suggestions, jill, I like [name]Bronwyn[/name], [name]Darien[/name], and [name]Lane[/name] (reminds me of [name]Lane[/name] from [name]Gilmore[/name] Girls), and for the boys, [name]Donovan[/name], [name]Harrison[/name], and [name]Sullivan[/name]. I actually really like [name]Harrison[/name], but I don’t like [name]Harry[/name] or [name]Harris[/name] as nicknames, so hubby and I decided against it a few weeks back. He might go for [name]Donovan[/name] though…I [name]ADORE[/name] the nickname Dono.

Thanks again everyone, and I may end up making a poll a bit later with our final, narrowed down choices.

OH! Real quick (if anyone reads this), what do you think of [name]Lila[/name] / [name]Lilah[/name] (pn LYE-lah)?

Thanks! - [name]Bernie[/name]

[name]Willow[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name] or [name]Heidi[/name] would be cute. good luck!

[name]Hi[/name] eperrosa in regard to your query on [name]Lilah[/name] it is pretty and it is popular and with the nn of [name]Lily[/name] fits in really well with your nature theme.

I like [name]Lily[/name] on its own more.

[name]Lila[/name]/ lilah pronounced lyla is very popular. I read an article where nameberry predicted [name]Lila[/name] to be the number 1 name in 10yrs. My daughter is [name]Lila[/name] (leela) and I constantly have to correct ppl. If I were naming her now I would go with [name]Lilac[/name].

Thanks for all the opinions, guys!

I’m going to start a poll for our narrowed down choices, and please check that out and tell me what you think!

• [name]Bernie[/name]