2 new names-aria & lena

just added 2 new name wdyt?

i have a negative association with the name [name]Lena[/name]… it’s a pretty name on it’s own… and if i hadn’t had a horrible experience with someone named [name]Lena[/name]… i’d love it…
but [name]Aria[/name] is absolutely beautiful…

I like [name]Aria[/name] and [name]Lena[/name] and think they actually sound like pretty little sisters :slight_smile:

I think [name]Aria[/name] is nice, but it’s one of those names I just can’t picture on an adult very well. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lena[/name], I pronounce it “[name]Lee[/name]-nuh”. What I like about it is that it’s fairly classic, I have some ancestors named [name]Lena[/name], and that it’s very pretty without being in-your-face (how I think of a name like [name]Arabella[/name]).

Either would be pretty!

aria…is it just a fancy spelling for area?
lena- i think it, but i [name]LOVE[/name] lina(ly-na)

[name]Aria[/name] is an Italian word meaning “a melody,” and it’s not pronounced like (or related to) the word “area.” ([name]Aria[/name] is pronounced “ahr-ee-uh,” with AHR sounding like the letter “R.”) An aria is a solo vocal piece in an opera.

I think the name [name]Aria[/name] is beautiful, and while I do love [name]Lena[/name], too, I guess I think of it more as a nickname for [name]Helena[/name]. Either way, I think it’s lovely. :slight_smile: I’ve heard it pronounced as “lee-nuh” and “lay-nuh,” so pronunciation issues may arise.

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Lena[/name]!!