2 weeks to go and 4 names!

[name]Oliver[/name] (do not love nn [name]Ollie[/name]), [name]Anderson[/name] (nn [name]Anders[/name]- not [name]Andy[/name]), [name]Colin[/name] or [name]Thayer[/name]. Last name is Scottish, 2 syllabol “Mc-” name. [name]Sister[/name]'s name is [name]Avery[/name]. Not concerned with matching style of name with sister (unisex, surname), because we want more of a true boy’s name for our son-- but should sound good together. Want a handsome, masculine, classy sounding boy name that will age well. [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Colin[/name] have the same populaity rating, but [name]Colin[/name] tends to be more common where we live. [name]Thayer[/name] is a family name but we think it sounds too “lispy”. Thank you for your advice-- I really appreciate it!

My vote is for [name]Anderson[/name]. I think [name]Anders[/name] is a cool name and sounds better with a Scottish surname than [name]Oliver[/name] or [name]Colin[/name]. [name]Thayer[/name] is also a cool name, but I don’t like it as well.

In order, I like [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Anderson[/name], [name]Colin[/name], [name]Thayer[/name]. There’s just something fun and spunky about the name [name]Oliver[/name]. [name]Colin[/name] is more popular to me than any of the others, so if it were me I’d stay away from that one. I [name]DO[/name] have a slight lisp so [name]Thayer[/name] is not appealing to me.

[name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Anderson[/name] are tied for me. I like [name]Colin[/name] better than [name]Thayer[/name].

I vote for [name]Colin[/name]! It’s handsome and I think it’s a name that he could make his own. [name]Anderson[/name] to me lacks personality, while [name]Oliver[/name] perhaps has a bit too much personality (he just might not be an [name]Oliver[/name]). [name]Thayer[/name] looks nice on paper, but it’s not easy to say out loud and it doesn’t feel like a comfortable name to have to be called by. I think that especially in light of it’s family significance it would make a wonderful middle name, though. In fact, I really like the flow of [name]Colin[/name] [name]Thayer[/name] Mc___.

I like [name]Thayer[/name], can I suggest [name]Thatcher[/name]?

I would vote for [name]Colin[/name] or [name]Oliver[/name]. [name]Both[/name] seem to flow well with your last name.

[name]Oliver[/name]: [name]Oliver[/name] is one of my favorites, but I’m thinking that [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Avery[/name] are pretty close in sound (the [name]Ver[/name] parts stand out to me), and I know I’d personally run the risk of encountering a tongue twister (Olvery and [name]Avery[/name]) when saying them together. It may just be me, but I thought I’d mention it.

[name]Colin[/name]: I love [name]Colin[/name], too, and think it sounds great with Mc names.

[name]Anderson[/name]: I think that [name]Anderson[/name] ([name]Anders[/name]) is very handsome, and although it’s not important to you, I think it’s modern feel works beautifully with [name]Avery[/name]. (My vote goes to [name]Anderson[/name]…)

[name]Thayer[/name]: Like you said, I think it sounds lispy (kind of like someone with a lisp saying “sayer”), and I can’t forget the line from the movie On [name]Golden[/name] Pond, when [name]Henry[/name] [name]Fonda[/name] says of [name]Katharine[/name] Hepburn’s character ([name]Ethel[/name] [name]Thayer[/name]), “[name]Ethel[/name] [name]Thayer[/name]. Thounds like I’m lithsping.”

On the flip side, I do think it would make a nice middle name, such as [name]Anderson[/name] [name]Thayer[/name].
I think that , and I love it!

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Anderson[/name] tied! I also dont like nn [name]Ollie[/name] but I do love [name]Anders[/name].

[name]Anderson[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] both sound great with [name]Avery[/name]…Id definitely go with one of those!

Good luck.

[name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Anders[/name], love them both.