26 Days of Unique Boy Names - Today's Letter: Y

Posting a list for each letter of the alphabet, a new letter each day. Uncommon names but not terribly unrealistic; somewhat original, but still useable. Some can be spelled in different ways but I am not including all of the spellings.

The idea of these lists are to help others as they try to come up with name ideas for their child, or just for fun and the challenge of it. If Berries want, you can make a game of it and answer the questions below.

1. Which names stand out to you from today’s list?

2. Which name, if any, might you choose for your child/ren?

3. Do you have any names that you feel could be added to today’s list?

TODAY’S LETTER: Y

Yach
Yacht
Yacine
Yadier
Yago
Yahr
Yahweh
Yaid
Yair
Yaki
Yake/s
Yale
Yanic
Yance
Yancey
Yando
Yandy
Yane
Yankee
Yann
Yanni
Yannis
Yard
Yardley
Yare
Yarmouth
Yarrow
Yasmen
Yate
Yates
Yaw
Yax
Yay
Yayder
Yazu
Yazz
Yeadin/on
Yeager
Year
Yeardly
Yearsley
Yearwood
Yeats
Yeet
Yellin
Yelting
Yess
Yeti
Yett
Yidris
Yield
Yielding
Yoakum
Yochim
Yoder
Yoe
Yoel
Yoenis
Yogi
Yohann/es
Yohn
Yoji
Yoko
Yoland
Yoli
Yom
Yon
Yonder
Yosemite
Yore
York
Yoss
Yossi
Yost
Yosten
Young
Younger
Youngman
Younis
Yount
Yousef
Youth
Yow
Ysidro
Yslas
Yuca
Yucatan
Yukon
Yule
Yulee
Yulman
Yuma
Yureck/ick
Yuri
Yurich
Yurman
Yves
Yvon

I’m impressed by how many Y names you’ve come up with!!

Stand outs: [name_m]Yann[/name_m], [name_m]Yago[/name_m], [name_u]Yale[/name_u], Yarmouth, [name_m]Yates[/name_m], [name_u]Yeats[/name_u], [name_m]Ysidro[/name_m], [name_u]Yvon[/name_u] and [name_m]Yves[/name_m]

I might consider Yarmouth as a middle! Never thought of it before but it’s a meaningful name for me :slight_smile:

I like [name_u]York[/name_u], Yoss, Yurich, and [name_u]Yeats[/name_u]. [name_u]Yeats[/name_u] climbs on and off my personal top 25 from time to time.

[name_m]Yosemite[/name_m] stands out to me, a cool place GP!
I would add [name_m]Yezivel[/name_m]

So many!! I like: [name_u]Yardley[/name_u], [name_u]Yarrow[/name_u], [name_u]Yeats[/name_u], Yidris, Yonder, [name_m]Ysidro[/name_m], [name_u]Yule[/name_u] and [name_m]Yves[/name_m]. I’d definitely consider using Yonder, or [name_u]Yule[/name_u] for a [name_u]December[/name_u] baby! :heart_eyes:

Others that stand out to me: are people actually called Yahweh? I’m not religious but it feels like the sort of thing that might be inappropriate… Also think Yeti and Yeet might be hard to live with!

I would add [name_m]Yvain[/name_m], an Arthurian knight who fought a lion :lion:

1 Like

I agree about Yahweh. I am not Jewish but assume its too important for any mortal? Ha. But it was on another list as i was researching so assumed maybe it is used?? Honestly have no idea. Maybe it should be one that comes off.

I agree with Yeet and Yeti too, but these days, you never know! :laughing:

Thx for feedback!

1 Like