2nd baby girl to arrive in 3 weeks, no name!

Help! My second baby girl is set to arrive in about three weeks and my husband and I have yet to pick a name. My other daughter is named [name]Violet[/name] [name]Noelle[/name], so we are looking for something that kinda fits with that. Also, we have decided on a middle name, [name]Allison[/name], and we have a very swedish last name. Here are a couple of names that we have come up with. I would love opinions and suggestions! Thanks!

[name]Elin[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name]

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] is lovely!

[name]Elin[/name]: This only reminds me of [name]Tiger[/name] Woods’ ex wife. I think it’ll get a lot of pronunciation problems, and people will mistake it for [name]Ellen[/name].

[name]Elsa[/name]: This is my favorite on your list! It’s perfect with [name]Violet[/name]. [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Alison[/name] doesn’t flow well at all, though. Actually, it doesn’t go with any of your choices… is there some kind of significance with [name]Alison[/name]?

[name]Wren[/name]: This is way too matchy with [name]Violet[/name]. I definitely wouldn’t do [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Wren[/name] in the same sibset.

[name]Avery[/name]: Awfully trendy and masculine. It doesn’t go with [name]Violet[/name] or the rest of your list at all.

[name]Lillian[/name]: I think [name]Lillian[/name] is so sweet! It’s a little matchy with [name]Violet[/name], but not as much as simply [name]Lily[/name]. [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Alison[/name] doesn’t sound very good.

I really like [name]Wren[/name] [name]Allison[/name]. It’s a tad masculine… but many of todays popular girl names are! It sounds good with [name]Violet[/name]… but is very different. I also like it because it’s one syllable to Allisons three. Good luck :slight_smile:

My favourite from your list is [name]Elin[/name] but I prefer it spelt [name]Ellen[/name]
[name]Ellen[/name] [name]Alison[/name] …

What about…

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Alison[/name]
[name]Frances[/name] [name]Alison[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Alison[/name]
[name]Monica[/name] [name]Alison[/name]

My favorite is [name]Elin[/name] [name]Allison[/name]–I think most people can pronounce that now and realize that it is different than [name]Ellen[/name]. [name]How[/name] about:

[name]Birgitta[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
Solvig [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Allison[/name]

I love [name]Avery[/name]!!!

[name]Delilah[/name]

I like [name]Elin[/name] [name]Allison[/name]. Beautiful. I also like Scandinavian names like [name]Siri[/name], [name]Kari[/name], [name]Iselin[/name], etc.
I especially love [name]Siri[/name] [name]Allison[/name] and [name]Elin[/name] [name]Allison[/name]! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Wren[/name]!

[name]Elin[/name] [name]Allison[/name] has quite the ring!

I agree that [name]Wren[/name] & [name]Violet[/name] are a perfect sibset. [name]Wren[/name] [name]Allison[/name] is the best combination first/middle also. Beautiful!

[name]Allison[/name] does make your list hard… I’m very sorry to say that I don’t like any of your favorite first names paired with that mn. [name]May[/name] I suggest some that do go with [name]Allison[/name]?

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Allison[/name] ([name]Jane[/name] and [name]Violet[/name])
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Allison[/name] ([name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Violet[/name])
[name]Maisy[/name]/[name]Maisie[/name] [name]Allison[/name] ([name]Maisy[/name] and [name]Violet[/name])
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Allison[/name] ([name]Josie[/name]/[name]Josey[/name] and [name]Violet[/name])
[name]Meredith[/name] [name]Allison[/name] ([name]Meredith[/name] and [name]Violet[/name])
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Allison[/name] (you may want to skip it because of [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Violet[/name])
[name]Yvaine[/name] [name]Allison[/name] ([name]Yvaine[/name] and [name]Violet[/name])

love this list except for I don’t really care for [name]Yvaine[/name].

[name]Elsa[/name] is my favorite from your list, especially with [name]Violet[/name], and [name]Wren[/name] [name]Allison[/name] and [name]Avery[/name] [name]Allison[/name] have the best flow, I think. Unfortunately, most of the names on your list don’t work so well with the middle name choice. [name]Elin[/name] [name]Allison[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Allison[/name] both have the double N endings, so the flow is off. The A sounds in [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Allison[/name] cancel each other out, and there might be too many L and S sounds, too… [name]Wren[/name] also has the N ending, but it doesn’t bother me as much, for some reason.

What about [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Allison[/name] or [name]Elisabeth[/name]/[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Allison[/name], nn [name]Elsa[/name]?

Others:
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Madeline[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Allison[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Elsa[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name] and am not bothered at all by the double Ns and repeated As.

[name]Violet[/name] is such a lovely name. For her sister …

[name]Elin[/name] - it looks very short, and so I prefer the spelling [name]Ellen[/name] although it seems slightly dated to me. You might like other [name]El[/name]- names, such as the quite popular [name]Eleanor/name/[name]Elinor[/name], as well as [name]Eloise[/name] or [name]Elodie[/name].

[name]Elsa[/name] - adorable, with the same vintage vibe as [name]Violet[/name].

[name]Wren[/name] - interesting and the subtle nature connection to [name]Violet[/name] is sweet, in my opinion. Unusual but accessible, not frilly but still clearly feminine. I love this one!

[name]Avery[/name] - it seems a little less classic to me than the vintage [name]Violet[/name].

[name]Lillian[/name] - I love [name]Lillian[/name], and the nn [name]Lily[/name]. However, double L names are rising in popularity rapidly, plus it creates somewhat of a flower theme with [name]Violet[/name], and the double N endings of [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Allison[/name] doesn’t sound brilliant, so I personally don’t think this is the name for you.

I think both [name]Elsa[/name] and [name]Wren[/name] would be perfect with [name]Violet[/name]. Good luck!

[name]Auburn[/name]

[name]Elin[/name] [name]Allison[/name] ! [name]Just[/name] lovely!

Thanks for all of your thoughts and suggestions. Everyone brought up some really good points. We are going with [name]Allison[/name] as a middle name as it is a family name. Not sure it would have been my first pick as a mn either, but I have come to really like it. Funny how [name]Tiger[/name]'s ex-wife being named [name]Elin[/name] was brought up. Exactly the reason I am hesitating to use it. Although it might help with the pronunciation in the long run. I am planning to use the long E sound so that it is E-lin not [name]Ellen[/name]. [name]Wren[/name] is one of my husband’s faves so I am sure he will be happy to see some in agreement.

[name]Elsa[/name] is my favorite and I love it with [name]Violet[/name]. However, I think [name]Wren[/name] sounds better with [name]Allison[/name]. GL!

I agree with several other posters: [name]Elsa[/name] is BY FAR my favorite name from your list, but [name]Wren[/name] [name]Allison[/name] has the best flow.

THAT [name]SAID[/name], how often are you going to be running around calling “[name]Wren[/name] [name]Allison[/name], [name]Wren[/name] [name]Allison[/name], come here!” You will likely only call her by her first name, so go with [name]Elsa[/name] even if [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Allison[/name] is a little too sing-songy. I often think folks here at NB get too hung up on how the first name flows with the middle. [name]How[/name] often do you really use the two names together? First and foremost, each name should stand on its own in terms of meaning and sound.

[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Allison[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] [name]Noelle[/name].

[name]Wren[/name] [name]Allison[/name] is good, how about a little change to [name]Wren[/name] [name]Alice[/name]. Not sure how that would fit with your “very Swedish” last name. :wink:

[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Allison[/name] (or [name]Alice[/name]) and [name]Elin[/name] [name]Allison[/name] are very nice to say also!

What about [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Allison[/name] (or [name]Alice[/name])?