3 brothers and boy/girl twins coming

HELP! We currently have a [name_u]Lincoln[/name_u], [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] and [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]. The presidential theme was not intentional until [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]. Now we’re pregnant with Boy/Girl twins. I’ve always loved [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] for a girl but we’re struggling on a boy name! I’ve tossed around [name_u]Carter[/name_u] and [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] but don’t love it and [name_u]Carter[/name_u] doesn’t end with the “N” - not a huge deal, but my kids already realized it.

We’ve even considered going off the presidential theme and we’re just not coming up with anything! I’m not a huge fan of the “same letter twins” and my husband doesn’t like the “rhyming” or “similar” names like [name_u]Tyler[/name_u] and [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]. PLEASE HELP!

1 Like

I LOVE those names! Such a sweet and unintentional theme. :slight_smile:

I would say if you do not want to keep up with the presidential theme but still like the “n” ending and sort of last name theme: for a boy [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] or [name_u]Edison[/name_u] (could nickname [name_u]Sully[/name_u] or [name_u]Sonny[/name_u]! I am naming my son due in [name_u]August[/name_u] Sullivan); for a girl maybe [name_u]Callahan[/name_u] (nickname [name_f]Callie[/name_f] could be cute!). [name_u]Edison[/name_u] even kind of fits in with the founding fathers vibe!

There was a president named [name_m]Lyndon[/name_m] but you can switch it up to [name_u]Linden[/name_u] for a girl - which I think is very cute! Other options for boys: [name_m]Truman[/name_m], [name_m]Calvin[/name_m], [name_u]Wilson[/name_u] (I know a little [name_u]Wilson[/name_u] and he is so cute!). For girls: [name_u]Madison[/name_u] or [name_u]Wilson[/name_u] works too!

Personally my favorite grouping is [name_u]Lincoln[/name_u], [name_u]Jackson[/name_u], [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], [name_u]Wilson[/name_u] and [name_u]Linden[/name_u]! Congrats!

5 Likes

While I like the name [name_u]Reagan[/name_u], and if you love it absolutely use it — [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] is a president that has evoked very strong reactions over history, and most of those reactions are not good. I do wonder if that name is a little loaded to wear, like [name_m]Clinton[/name_m] would be? Of course, her classmates wouldn’t notice until later on, but worth a thought.

[name_u]Madison[/name_u] is a less obviously presidential choice for a girl, but still clicks right in with the theme! I also like [name_u]Monroe[/name_u], [name_m]Ford[/name_m], [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u], [name_u]Pierce[/name_u], and [name_u]Quincy[/name_u], but they don’t end with an n like the others.

[name_m]Buchanan[/name_m] and [name_u]Wilson[/name_u] are some n-ending boys option! I love the name [name_u]Wilson[/name_u], especially.

2 Likes

[name_u]Franklin[/name_u] came to mind :slight_smile:

If you decide to break away from the presidential theme maybe…

[name_u]Keegan[/name_u]
[name_u]Kerrigan[/name_u]
[name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_u]Ellison[/name_u]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_u]Peyton[/name_u]
Leighton/Layton
[name_u]Sloan[/name_u]
[name_u]Nolan[/name_u]
[name_u]Paxton[/name_u]
[name_u]Keaton[/name_u]
[name_m]Colton[/name_m]
[name_u]Brighton[/name_u]
[name_u]Camden[/name_u]
[name_m]Wystan[/name_m]
[name_u]Auden[/name_u]
[name_u]Tobin[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u]

2 Likes

[name_m]President[/name_m] names that end with -n:
[name_m]Jefferson[/name_m]
[name_u]Madison[/name_u]
[name_m]Buchanan[/name_m]
[name_m]Johnson[/name_m]
[name_u]Wilson[/name_u]
[name_m]Truman[/name_m]
[name_m]Nixon[/name_m]
[name_m]Clinton[/name_m]

[name_m]President[/name_m] names that don’t end with -n:
[name_u]Monroe[/name_u]
[name_u]Tyler[/name_u]
[name_u]Taylor[/name_u]
[name_m]Fillmore[/name_m]
[name_u]Pierce[/name_u]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_u]Hayes[/name_u]
[name_m]Garfield[/name_m]
[name_u]Arthur[/name_u]
[name_m]Cleveland[/name_m]
McKinley
[name_m]Taft[/name_m]
[name_m]Coolidge[/name_m]
[name_u]Kennedy[/name_u]
[name_m]Ford[/name_m]

I think you should either go with two names that do end with -n or two that don’t, I don’t think you should just leave out one baby. With that said, you should maybe decide first how set you are on [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] for the girl. I personally do like [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] a lot, but that does give you way less options for the boy’s name then. [name_f]My[/name_f] personal favorite would be [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] and [name_m]Nixon[/name_m], but also there is some unsavory context there. Of course I don’t think everyone would assume you are fans of any of these presidents, but I’m sure some people might ask. But what about using [name_u]Carter[/name_u] as the girl’s name? I think it’s a solidly neutral name, and since you already know you like it then you wouldn’t miss out on using it plus it would open up way more cute options for your boy. You could do [name_u]Carter[/name_u] and [name_u]Tyler[/name_u] or [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] if you wanted them to match with the -r ending, but I personally love [name_m]Ford[/name_m], [name_m]Grant[/name_m], [name_u]Pierce[/name_u], and [name_u]Hayes[/name_u].

Funny you should say that because I really like [name_m]Nixon[/name_m] but absolutely cannot use it for that reason - especially with all other presidential names!

Actually, I like the sound of [name_u]Wilson[/name_u] and [name_u]Reagan[/name_u]! He can go by “Will” even!

Thanks!

4 Likes

[name_u]Franklin[/name_u] was on our list when we named [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], but of course now I’m not loving it.

I was actually thinking [name_u]Keegan[/name_u], but what would you put with it?

1 Like

That’s where I’m at! Either both have to end in “n” or neither of them can. I mean, if my 8 year old is noticing it, imagine how quickly he’ll notice!

Like I said before I love [name_m]Nixon[/name_m] but just cannot do it…esp with presidential themed names!

I actually like [name_u]Hayes[/name_u], too, but it doesn’t flow well with our last name :frowning:

I’m loving all these suggestions!

1 Like

This isn’t a political forum, so I’m not bringing opinion into this…just saying people feel very strongly about him and his administration gathers heavy criticism. This is true for all presidents, certainly, but as Reagan was president during the AIDS crisis, it’s much more prominent and damaging criticism for him than others.

Lol, true! That one would garner much more funny looks. Reagan is more a toss up (as all presidents) I just find he’s either one you love or hate lol. But I do love the name, and wouldn’t assume personally anything politically motivated there — especially with the presidential diversity you have already!

[name_m]Buchanan[/name_m] would be awesome on a boy, with the nickname [name_m]Bucky[/name_m]!

I like deviating from the n ending for your daughter, perhaps by using [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] or [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u]. Otherwise, [name_u]Madison[/name_u] or [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] would work well.

1 Like

I personally love *Buchanan for a boys name.
Some others for boys are: Wilson,Truman,Clinton,Nixon.
I really like your [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] for a girl. But also like McKinley,Monroe,Kennedy,Madison for girls as well.
I figure you may keep N ending with boys but the girls name may be a little more flexible.

[name_u]Reagan[/name_u] & …

[name_u]Madison[/name_u]
[name_u]Wilson[/name_u]
[name_m]Nixon[/name_m]
[name_m]Clinton[/name_m]
Biden
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_u]Mason[/name_u]
[name_u]Logan[/name_u]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u]
[name_u]Landon[/name_u]
[name_m]Kingston[/name_m]
[name_m]Washington[/name_m]
[name_m]Aaron[/name_m]

I think [name_m]Truman[/name_m] is a great name in general and would be my favorite if I had to choose a presidential name—and it ends in “n”! So I would vote [name_m]Truman[/name_m] and [name_u]Reagan[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_u]Lincoln[/name_u], [name_u]Jackson[/name_u], [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], [name_f]Raegan[/name_f] &

[name_u]Kennedy[/name_u]
[name_m]Buchanan[/name_m] “Bucky”
[name_u]Franklin[/name_u] “Frankie”
[name_m]Harding[/name_m]
[name_u]William[/name_u] “Will”
[name_m]Lyndon[/name_m]
[name_m]Rudolph[/name_m] “Dolph” or “Rudy”
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] “Tommy”
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] “Teddy”
[name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_u]Wilson[/name_u]
McKinley “Mickey” or “Kin”

1 Like

With brothers, Linc0ln, J@ckson and H@rrison, I like [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] and [name_u]Franklin[/name_u], nicknamed [name_u]Finn[/name_u]

If you love [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] for a girl, go for it! It’s not often that a favorite name still fits the theme after three older children have been named lol! I get that people have mixed opinions of [name_m]Ronald[/name_m] [name_u]Reagan[/name_u], but I’d like to point out that [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] ranked #145 for girls names in 2021, so while it definitely fits your theme, it isn’t solely a presidential surname (much like your older boys’ names). As for your little boy, I love your idea of [name_u]Wilson[/name_u] nn [name_u]Will[/name_u]! [name_u]Or[/name_u] maybe [name_m]Truman[/name_m]!

Congratulations :heart: