<3 Help, need name ideas for German Shepherd Puppy! <3

UPDATE

Thank you all so much for the beautiful name suggestions! I’m happy to introduce our new baby girl, Ember!

I’m sure the post is making everyone do a double take, but here’s the long story short. In June, our 9.5 year old male golden retriever died from a sudden brain tumor.

Our golden retrievers name was Levi, and we have a diluted calico cat named Maya. We prefer not to have any names that will rhyme with Maya.

Our next dog will be a female German Shepherd that will be born in October, and we will be bringing her home a week before Christmas. For reference, we like names that are a little more on the unique side, but not too crazy.

So far the names we like are:

Autumn
Brinley
Zailey
Sienna
Freya
Brylie
Layla/ Laila
Ava
Kensley
Aspen
Ellie

Any other unique name ideas would be great. Like I mentioned above, she will be born in October, coming home in December.

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I’m so sorry to hear about [name_u]Levi[/name_u]. I’m sure he was a very good boy. :guide_dog: [name_u]Love[/name_u] the name [name_u]Levi[/name_u] for a [name_u]Golden[/name_u] too.

I think that a [name_m]German[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] lady should have a bold feminine name. I think that [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] feels like the best pick. I love [name_f]Lila[/name_f] (too close to [name_f]Maya[/name_f], maybe?), [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_f]Ava[/name_f] & [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] in general. [name_m]Just[/name_m] really feeling [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] for a G.S! Most of these names aren’t terribly unique, except maybe [name_f]Freya[/name_f] & [name_u]Aspen[/name_u] a little bit.

A few other ideas that you may like-

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]

[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]!

[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]

Olivia-not unique, but so pretty!

[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

[name_f]Zella[/name_f]

By the way, my sister has a dilute [name_f]Calico[/name_f] named [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]. She’s the most perfect demand your attention & then quickly take it away sassy [name_f]Calico[/name_f]!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, [name_u]Levi[/name_u] was very special to me. In an ironic twist of fate, I was wearing [name_u]Levi[/name_u] brand jeans when I got him, and he started chewing on my pant leg, so he actually named himself, lol. Right now, [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] is feeling like right name, based on when she will be born, and when we take her home. [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] are the ones we like the most, after [name_f]Autumn[/name_f]. And I actually didnt consider [name_f]Maya[/name_f] and [name_f]Lila[/name_f] Sounding too much alike, hahaha

All of your names are adorable!
So sorry to hear about [name_u]Levi[/name_u], such a cute name, probably for such a cute dog! The story about how you named him is super sweet!
I love [name_f]Lila[/name_f], but I agree with @MichelleM, perhaps too close? [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] is very cute. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Freya[/name_f], but perhaps similar to [name_f]Lila[/name_f] in that it is too close to the name of your cat?
Ideas:
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_u]Aria[/name_u]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_u]Hazel[/name_u]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Maude[/name_f]
[name_u]Nova[/name_u]

I really like the story how you named [name_u]Levi[/name_u]! I’m sorry to hear he passed away.

Here are some ideas for the [name_m]German[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] puppy:
[name_f]Bella[/name_f]
[name_f]Dora[/name_f]
[name_u]Joan[/name_u]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

So sorry to hear about your lovely boy [name_u]Levi[/name_u]

I like your ideas but here’s some more I’ve thought of…

[name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Neva[/name_f] or [name_f]Neve[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Orla[/name_f] - love the meaning “golden princess”!
[name_f]Oriana[/name_f]
[name_f]Lumi[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] or [name_u]Ember[/name_u]
[name_f]Enya[/name_f]
[name_u]Jule[/name_u]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]
[name_f]Flavia[/name_f]
[name_f]Saffron[/name_f]
[name_f]Ginger[/name_f] (for [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] gingerbread)
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] or [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]

1 Like

I’m so sorry about [name_u]Levi[/name_u]. I love his name story though.
Names for the [name_m]German[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] pup:
Halla/Hala-for Halloween
Pumpkin-for Halloween
Holly-for [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]
Ivy-for [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]
[name_u]Pepper[/name_u]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Honey[/name_f]
[name_u]Kennedy[/name_u]
Seconding [name_u]Ember[/name_u] from LouC
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Ginger[/name_f]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] (I know it’s typically masculine, but I like it for girls)
[name_f]Coral[/name_f]
Bumblebee/Bee/Bea
Goldielocks
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Petunia[/name_f]
[name_f]Peaches[/name_f]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u]
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Autumn[/name_f] is gorgeous! have you considered Geniveve?

No, mostly because dogs will only usually respond to 2 syllable names, and we.dont want to confuse her.

Call her [name_f]Ginnie[/name_f], If she doesn’t respond to the more formal 3 syllable one.

Thank you for all the suggestions. We’ve decided to name her [name_u]Ember[/name_u], and her show name will be Yuletide’s Glowing [name_u]Ember[/name_u] VL

1 Like

How wonderful :heart_eyes:

Thank you, the breeder texted me this morning saying the mom gave birth last night <3