3 weeks to go - help with baby girl name?

Our baby girl is due in 3 weeks and we’ve gotten stuck. We narrowed it down to a medium length list of first names. Middle name will be a family name - [name_f]Rosanne[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosanna[/name_f], depending on what the first is. Would love to hear people’s thoughts!! Hubby’s favorite is [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] ([name_u]Penny[/name_u]) but I’m still not sure.

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Nyssa[/name_f]

lovely names!

[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] is my favorite, followed closely by [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u].

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] is my favorite! I love:

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]

I LOVE [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]! Such a sweet name

I’m going to vote for [name_f]Nyssa[/name_f] [name_f]Rosanne[/name_f]! [name_f]Nyssa[/name_f] seems the most unique (all your other names except [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] are very popular names among my kids’ friends), also there’s the Scandinavian Xmas [name_f]Nisse[/name_f] - which are little elves who bring gifts to all the children. I think it’s an elegant, pretty name…and full disclosure - [name_f]Nissa[/name_f] is our sweet dog’s name, so of course we all love it.

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] is my favorite!

I like [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], and [name_f]Cora[/name_f]. [name_f]Nyssa[/name_f] is also interesting. I know [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is pretty popular but it is still a little quirky for my tastes. I really like [name_f]Rosanna[/name_f] and think it could work as a first name–maybe [name_f]Rosanna[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosanna[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]!

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is my favorite! [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is okay, it’s grown on me over time, but just kind of ‘eh’ to me.

Faves are (in order):

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] (great meaning)
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

[name_f]Nyssa[/name_f] is DH’s second choice. He likes that it’s an actual name but unusual (we have a pretty common last name), and loves the idea of the nickname Nyss.

Thanks everyone! [name_f]Rosanna[/name_f]/e is actually a tribute to my mother who passed away recently. I was tempted to use it as a first name, but we agreed it’s best to place it as a middle name and give DD her own first-name identity. Plus I like it as a unique alternative to the much more common middle name of [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

On another note, what are people’s thoughts about both names ending in “a” - if the first name ends in “a”, should we drop the “a” on the end of the middle name (ex. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Rosanna[/name_f] vs. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Rosanne[/name_f])?

There are many Penelopes in my friends/ family -all ages. They are called [name_u]Penny[/name_u] in all cases, the beautiful [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] rarely used. I would never consider it for that reason sadly but you may have a different situation and love [name_u]Penny[/name_u].

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Rosanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]
[name_f]Nyssa[/name_f]
I am probably one of few who likes a followed by a in a number of cases.
[name_f]Nyssa[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f] v [name_f]Nyssa[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] I’d choose [name_f]Anne[/name_f], but with [name_f]Rose[/name_f] breaking the name I think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Rosanna[/name_f] actually sounds better than [name_f]Roseanne[/name_f].

Thanks everyone! I think our current faves after everyone’s advice are:

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Rosanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Rosanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Rosanne[/name_f]/a
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Rosanne[/name_f]

Still debating about -
[name_f]Nyssa[/name_f] [name_f]Rosanne[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Rosanna[/name_f] (love the name [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], not sure about the double “r” though)
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Rosanne[/name_f]

Letting go of [name_f]Maya[/name_f], which I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] but DH still isn’t warming up to.

Unsure how to decide from here. Should we just wait until DD is born and see what feels right? Or keep working toward a decision now?

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Roseanne[/name_f] doesn’t really go. Would you guys like [name_f]Fia[/name_f] [name_f]Roseanne[/name_f]? [name_f]Fia[/name_f] has the same meaning as [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] but isn’t as popular and is shorter like your other picks.

I like the name [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] but not the nn [name_u]Penny[/name_u]. [name_u]Penny[/name_u] just seems to take the shine and sparkle away from [name_f]Penelope[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Rosanna[/name_f] is really pretty.

Also - you have your list small enough that you can take it tho the hospital with you. A few with essentially eliminate themselves because they just won’t fit once you meet her. Then you’ll be left with a chance to decide between a few names that really suite your little girl.