35 weeks and still undecided! Please vote for your favorite!

See the results of this poll: Which name do you like better?

Respondents: 66 (This poll is closed)

• Caroline Claire : 31 (47%)
  • Isabel Claire: 35 (53%)

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is lovely! [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] feels more timeless than [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] to me, and I love the alliteration. You could call her [name_f]Cece[/name_f], maybe, or [name_f]Coco[/name_f]. Good luck!

I voted for [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] both have “air” in them.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] & [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] are both great names. They are both pretty, feminine, simple & grow up well. They both sound equally nice w/[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] too. I would look at a few things:

1. Obviously [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] doesn’t flow as well as [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. Does that bother you?

2. [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is far more popular than [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], even though they’re both classics. Does that bother you?

3. [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] leads to the nn of [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] whereas [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] leads to the nns of [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] or [name_f]Bel/name_f. You could also do Ibbi (so cute!), but you’d have to purposely do that one. [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] or [name_f]Belle[/name_f] seem like more natural nns. Anyway, do you like or dislike any of those nns? That’s somethings to consider as well.

I’d personally say that since you’re narrowed it down to two at 35 weeks, go ahead & let her tell you her name when she comes out. :).

Both are stunning and both go beautifully with [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], but I voted for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] as I feel like it’s a bit less trendy at the moment. At my small local school I know of two Isabellas, an [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] and an [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], but not a single [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]!

I like both a lot, but I just like the sound of [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] better than [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. So [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] gets my vote! I love [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] as sister names. :slight_smile:

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]! And I looooove the nickname [name_f]Callie[/name_f] for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and [name_f]Callie[/name_f]. Perfect sibset!

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is gorgeous too, but definitely trendier-seeming and more popular, and the fact that there are so many spelling variations of [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] ([name_f]Isobel[/name_f], [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Isobelle[/name_f], Isobell, [name_f]Isabell[/name_f], [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], [name_f]Isobella[/name_f], etc) would be frustrating/tedious for me to deal with all the time, personally.

I like both and think both work well with sister’s name.

I disagree with a pp who said that [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] doesn’t flow as well as [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. I think the opposite. The flow and the alliteration in [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is just lovely. [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is also a good name, but [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] has been extremely popular for a couple of decades and will date to this period. I don’t pronounce ‘Car’ of [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] the same as the ‘air’ sound in [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. I didn’t realise there was this pronunciation - is it from a particular region of the US? Generally ‘Car’ in [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is pronounced like a in cat.

Hmm, I think [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] flows very well, but I do pronounce [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] as “Care-uh-line”, and I pronounce [name_f]Claire[/name_f] just like the first syllable of [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] (as in I pronounce it like “air” with a “Cl” in front). I have actually never heard either name pronounced differently than that, coming from the western half of the US, and didn’t know that some people pronounced [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] in another way.

Both are lovely but I prefer [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. I’ve always had a soft spot for the name [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], I think it’s beautiful.

Thanks!! I’ve only ever heard it pronounced “Care-o-line” (I am in the NE US). Would you pronounce it like “Cahr-o-line”?

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] & [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] go great together! & [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] flows beautifully

I prefer [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] to [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] but [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is a bit too similar to [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] for me so I chose [name_f]Isabel[/name_f].