38 weeks and no baby name! Piper or Ruby or ???

[name]Hi[/name] there!

We are 38 weeks pregnant (unknown gender). I have a 4yo daughter called [name]Meri[/name] and an 18mth old son called [name]Eli[/name]. Our last name is very similar to [name]Anderson[/name].

Our two favourite girls names are [name]Ruby[/name] (hubby’s fav - although number 2 most popular name here in Australia) and [name]Piper[/name] (hubby not sold). I’m not completely sold on either of them, but cannot for the life of me think of any other names that grab me.

I love shorter names, ideally not on the ‘celebrity radar’ (i.e. - [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Harper[/name]) or in the top 10 most common names.

Middle names likely to be [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] or [name]Piper[/name] [name]Lily[/name].

If anyone can suggest any other names or give some advice on [name]Piper[/name] Vs [name]Ruby[/name] I would appreciate it immensely!!

Thanks!!

[name]Etta[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] (ahna) or [name]Inga[/name] [name]Piper[/name] [name]Lily[/name]

[name]Ruby[/name] would be too popular for my taste.

Perhaps using [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Piper[/name] as the mn would help. Good luck!

[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Mila[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Sage[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
Sia
[name]Sora[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]

I really like [name]Ruby[/name] from your choices, but if the popularity really does bother you, then I think [name]Rose[/name] is probably a good alternative for you.

No - I don’t have a boy’s name yet! We are thinking of [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Louis[/name] or [name]Archer[/name] ([name]Archie[/name]) at the moment. Again - nothing has really grabbed us!

Thanks for that list! I do love [name]Cleo[/name]!

I am an Aussie and I know a [name]Piper[/name] [name]Lily[/name] which is pretty said as one name but [name]Piper[/name] is not my style although I do love [name]Pippa[/name] as a nickname.

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] is a beautiful name. I think that this very feminine and classic name combo would be a really good choice I am particularly charmed by [name]Valentina[/name].

[name]Helena[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]/a
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]
[name]Belle[/name] [name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name] [name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Sybil[/name] [name]Valentina[/name]

That is a tough one! I love both [name]Piper[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name], but they are such different names with different feels to me. If [name]Ruby[/name] is so popular in Australia, then I would pick [name]Piper[/name] to avoid being one of 20 Rubys.
I’m really not sure of other similar ideas beyond obvious things like picking another gemstone (I love [name]Emerald[/name]). [name]Piper[/name] makes me think of names like [name]Parker[/name] or [name]Peyton[/name], but they just don’t have the same zest.
[name]How[/name] about [name]Gemma[/name] or [name]Blythe[/name]?

Prefer [name]Ruby[/name] to [name]Piper[/name] but the popularity of this name would bother me. Was going to suggest [name]Cleo[/name] too as have a bit of a name crush on this right now. Think you should stick with a cute short name so [name]Piper[/name] might have too many letters. [name]Archie[/name] BTW is REALLY popular in Australia right now, every second friend of mine has had an [name]Archie[/name] (we are from [name]Mel[/name]). [name]How[/name] about [name]Zuzu[/name], [name]Juno[/name], [name]Wren[/name], [name]Asti[/name], [name]Fleur[/name] or [name]Gigi[/name] for a girl or for a boy [name]Remi[/name], [name]Luca[/name] (bit popular?) [name]Jude[/name], [name]Jago[/name], [name]Ari[/name], [name]Otis[/name]?

For a boy I have to suggest [name]Miles[/name], as you see it is my son’s name and we have loved it for so long and it is a really handsome name and believe me I have only ever met one [name]Miles[/name] so you won’t have a popularity problem. (my son has 3 children so we have had a long time to meet another [name]Miles[/name]’).

rollo