4. Name Check, Persephone and Hades

Time Period/ Location: Sort of like a parallel country, similar to ancient Greece.

Brief Plot: This story will be the retelling of the Greek myth Hades and [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], but I have changed a few details to fit what I want. In my version, Hades and [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] fall in love, but [name_u]Demeter[/name_u] - [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]'s mother - will do anything to keep the two lovers apart. There’s a lot of romance, epic battles, and all that good stuff. In the end, [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] ends up living with Hades in the Underworld for half the year and living with her mother on earth for the other half.

Character Names:
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] is being changed to [name_f]Arella[/name_f], Hades to [name_m]Lonan[/name_m]. The reason for choosing [name_f]Arella[/name_f] is because she is often described as an angel and the name literally means angel. [name_m]Lonan[/name_m] means blackbird and his symbol is a bird that is black. Plus, I love both names and think they sound great together!

Anything [name_f]Else[/name_f]?: I am asking for your help - I need you to asses my names; tell me what’s wrong with them, what you like about them, everything! And, if you don’t like the names I have chosen, suggest more! I am open to all suggestions! Good luck, and thanks in advance!

I like [name_f]Arella[/name_f] and [name_m]Lonan[/name_m], although I probably wouldn’t like [name_f]Arella[/name_f] if you hadn’t explained the symbolism behind the name. I liked the idea of renaming Hades [name_m]Lonan[/name_m] on first sight because the name has a slightly dark and mysterious vibe(not sure why this makes me think of Hades considering as he wasn’t exactly evil when compared to the other gods. He just got dealt some bad cards). I came up with some other suggestions though. The only suggestions I can think of for [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] are [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f], [name_f]Isabeau[/name_f], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f], [name_f]Leonie[/name_f], [name_f]Verity[/name_f], [name_f]Ramona[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f]. I don’t think that you need other suggestions for Hades but I figured that I’d try anyway: [name_m]Benno[/name_m], [name_m]Leopold[/name_m], [name_m]Rufus[/name_m]. Good luck with your story!

@jayden101 - Thanks for your input! I like all the names you chose for me, but I still think I’m going to stick with [name_f]Arella[/name_f] and [name_m]Lonan[/name_m]. I considered the name [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] for a while, and though it isn’t in the Top 1000, it still seems too popular for me. :slight_smile: