5 to 1! which name is the best?

See the results of this poll: 5 to 1

Respondents: 24 (This poll is closed)

• Eliza: 9 (38%)
  • Flora: 4 (17%)
  • Hazel: 3 (13%)
  • Stella: 4 (17%)
  • Violet: 4 (17%)

My favourite has to be [name]Eliza[/name]! It has a lovely vintage feel but still feels modern and usable. It has lots of great nn’s like [name]Elle[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Liza[/name], [name]Liz[/name] or [name]Lizzie[/name] but also sounds great as it is. It feels sweet but strong and I think it would age well.

I also like [name]Hazel[/name], and that would have to be my second choice but it has an older and gentler feel to me than [name]Eliza[/name]. I think it’d be a good second choice if you decided she wasn’t an [name]Eliza[/name] when she got here.

[name]Stella[/name] is my least favourite of the bunch. I find it very harsh sounding and [name]Stella[/name] is a brand of lager here in the UK with a bit of a lower class image so thats a bad association for me! Also so many celebs have used it now that its getting a bit boring and predictable to me.

I didn’t used to like [name]Violet[/name] as it made me think of the word Violence and the geeky girlfriend of Screech in Saved by the [name]Bell[/name] who snorted a lot! Lol. Its growing on me a lot though and this would be my third choice. I love flower names and although this one isn’t my favourite it’s still a lovely, vibrant choice. I’m not keen on the nn [name]Vi[/name] though.

[name]Flora[/name], I feel like I should like this, it even rhymes with my own name and [name]Nora[/name] which I love, but no I don’t really like it. I think it’d make a sweet middle name but I know I wouldn’t like to be called [name]Flora[/name] personally. It seems a little weak and flimsy to me, but thats just me!

So in order from my fav:

[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]

Best of luck! [name]Do[/name] you have a middle picked out yet? :slight_smile:

My favorites in order:

1. [name]Eliza[/name]
  2. [name]Hazel[/name]
  3. [name]Violet[/name]
  4. [name]Stella[/name]
  5. [name]Flora[/name]

Here are my favourites in order of preference and my reasons for these choices. Good luck!

1. [name]Eliza[/name] - Stylish choice for a girl - it can sound elegant or feisty which is a winning combination for me.
  2. [name]Flora[/name] - The [name]Roman[/name] goddess of flowers that shares some of [name]Eliza[/name]'s spark
  3. [name]Violet[/name] - A demure and respectable lady with a little spunk thrown in for good measure
  4. [name]Hazel[/name] - This is ok with its antique charm but I’m still not a full-fledged fan yet
  5. [name]Stella[/name] - Harsh and trendy. I would only use this as a nn for [name]Estella[/name]. [name]Just[/name] adding the “es” in front makes it softer.

Honestly, I love all of them, but here’s my order:

1. [name]Hazel[/name]
  2. [name]Violet[/name]
  3. [name]Stella[/name]
  4. [name]Eliza[/name]
  5. [name]Flora[/name]

[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]

[name]Violet[/name] is my favorite out of the bunch. It sounds so sweet to me! [name]Flora[/name] (another sweetie) and [name]Hazel[/name] are my other favorites from the bunch. [name]Eliza[/name] sounds dated to me and [name]Stella[/name] is becoming over-used. [name]Elisabeth[/name] and [name]Ella[/name] are much nicer imo. Good luck!