50 names to read aloud — lend us your voice!

Right, so on the back of the wonderful suggestions given in this thread, I have compiled a list of 50 names of both genders that the Berries would like to hear read aloud by their fellow members from all around the world.

Here’s the list, in alphabetical order:

[name_f]Anouk[/name_f]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]
[name_m]Augustin[/name_m]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]
[name_m]Cassius[/name_m]
[name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleni[/name_f]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_m]Emil[/name_m]
[name_m]Endymion[/name_m]
[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Ines[/name_f]
Iskandar
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f]
[name_m]Ivo[/name_m]
[name_f]Leonie[/name_f]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_f]Madelief[/name_f]
[name_f]Maelys[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Manon[/name_f]
[name_m]Matthias[/name_m]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_m]Phineas[/name_m]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_f]Saoirse[/name_f]
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m]
[name_m]Thierry[/name_m]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Yasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Zosia[/name_f]

Over to you, Berries!

You can hear my read-through here (I used Clyp.it to record this — you can make a super-quick free account and simply post the link here once recorded).

Forgot to add: I’m in central England.

4 Likes

Here’s mine

I’m from [name_f]Maine[/name_f], I live in [name_m]Boston[/name_m] and I have a lot of friends and family in [name_f]Ireland[/name_f]. I know a few of mine are influenced by people I know personally I’m friends with an [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] who says it Eh-van-ge-lynn rather than -leen and goes by [name_u]Van[/name_u]. I went to school with a [name_f]Maelys[/name_f] who was very particular about how her name was pronounced and learned a lot of [name_m]French[/name_m] names with Quebecois pronunciations instead of proper from [name_f]France[/name_f] [name_m]French[/name_m].

I’m from [name_u]Sydney[/name_u], Australia

Here is mine. I’m also from the Midlands ([name_f]England[/name_f]) although I can apparently sound like a Londoner haha.

Here you go!
Apologies for the stumbles and audio quality.

(p.s I’m from Western Australia)

[b]This[/b] is mine.

I’m from east [name_f]England[/name_f], near [name_m]Essex[/name_m].

Here’s mine! I said where I’m from at the beginning but if you missed it, I’m from Kansas, however I think my accent pretty much reflects all of the Midwest US.

[b]Here[/b]'s mine!

I’m from the DC metro area of the US. Grew up speaking a lot of Spanish, and I have a Cajun [name_m]French[/name_m] grandmother. In a few cases when two ways of pronouncing something seemed equally likely to me, I said both. [name_m]IRL[/name_m] I’d let the bearer tell me how to pronounce their name, of course.

from [name_u]Utah[/name_u] (western usa)

it took me at least 50 goes, but we finally got it!
sydney, australia living in glasgow

Here ya go

From Denmark with terrible english pronunciation so said most of them how a Danish person would pronounce them.

This is interesting! Also from the Midlands (with Irish family) and I pronounce the TH in [name_m]Matthias[/name_m] and [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] as hard Ts, that being the only way I’ve ever heard them pronounced

Here’s mine!

I’m from north-east [name_f]England[/name_f], about an hour’s drive from the Scottish Border.

It is indeed very interesting! I had no idea there were so many fellow Midlanders on here, and fascinating to hear from members from as far afield as Denmark and Australia. Please keep them coming — would love some more nationalities too!

I’m from [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_u]Jersey[/name_u]

here’s mine

Names - Clyp Here’s mine I’m from the [name_m]Pacific[/name_m] Northwest USA

I’m another English person so I thought this might be redundant, but I liked the idea of reading out 50 names, so here you go.
I lived in different parts of [name_f]England[/name_f] growing up so I don’t think you can pinpoint my accent to a specific area. My pronunciation of quite a few names has been influenced by [name_m]French[/name_m]. I said [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] twice as I couldn’t decide between the anglicised pronunciation I had gleaned from watching Jeeves and Wooster, and the [name_m]French[/name_m] one that would otherwise have been my default.

Great idea! I’m from [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_f]England[/name_f] (not [name_m]Boston[/name_m]). Get some influence from my love for British TV shows and my [name_m]French[/name_m]-Canadian heritage https://clyp.it/511pkgkz

Here’s mine. I was raised in [name_u]California[/name_u], but I have a slight speech impediment and I lived for several years in [name_f]Virginia[/name_f]. So my accent basically represents nobody

I’ve loved listening to all of these! So interesting to hear how everyone else pronounces names

Here’s mine Reading fifty names - Clyp

I’m from the south east of england and I feel like I’ve been pronouncing these wrong possibly…