5th Baby Name Help!

I would love some help coming up with a boy name to go with:
[name_u]Landon[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_u]Brooks[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

We’ve thought about [name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_u]Julian[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u] or [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]. Which feels best with this sibling set or maybe a new idea??? If baby is a girl her name will be [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] or [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. Thanks!

1 Like

All great names! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite with the sibset would be [name_u]August[/name_u]!

1 Like

I love Theo, August, and Margaret. :heart_eyes: How lovely!

1 Like

[name_u]Julian[/name_u] is my favorite with your set!

Suggestions: [name_u]Bennett[/name_u], [name_m]Luke[/name_m], [name_u]Davis[/name_u], [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]

1 Like

Boys

Either [name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] or [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_u]August[/name_u] “Rory”

Girls
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] or [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] “Maggie” would be lovely additions to your sibset

1 Like

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is lovely!!

[name_u]August[/name_u], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] are charming!!

I’ll add in [name_u]Hayes[/name_u], [name_m]Weston[/name_m], [name_m]Silas[/name_m], [name_m]Rhett[/name_m], [name_u]Paxton[/name_u] and [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]

1 Like

Thank you! [name_u]August[/name_u] is growing on me :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I like your additional suggestions! Can’t use [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] because it’s taken but [name_u]Theo[/name_u] seemed like a good option. [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] is a nice option as well. Thank you!

1 Like

If you don’t mind my asking,
is there some significance to [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] & [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] as they mean [name_f]Rose[/name_f] & [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] ?
(Your other girls middle names?) Both are lovely & of course you don’t have to answer.

I think also all your boy names work well with your childrens names, I especially think the two syllable names with your boys, they all feel like they fit together in a similar style. Not sure how helpful any of this is… But [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] and maybe [name_u]Theo[/name_u] I think maybe have the best cowboy sort of feel that I think can go really well with [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] & [name_u]Landon[/name_u] for some reason!

1 Like

Oh that’s a really interesting observation about the girls’ names!! Funny, I must really be stuck on those two names :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. Actually [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] are both of my husband’s grandmother’s names (as well as my aunts) so I felt it would be nice to pay some sort of tribute to his family since we really haven’t at all. Plus my mon’s name is [name_f]Carolyn[/name_f] and we named a twin [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] so his family may have felt extra slighted! [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] was going to be Evelyn’s name but my brother had somehow claimed this name after I had said we liked it and then it turned into family drama with him and his wife saying we couldn’t use it and now they have two boys and have yet to use it anyway! So at the time the twins were born it had a bad association with all of that but I still really love it and occasionally regret that we didn’t use it anyway and tell my brother too bad. Phew, sorry for that long answer!

Our last name ends in -ER so now I’m wondering if [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] if too rhyme-y with the last name. Which was always why [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] never sounded very good with the last name even though I would’ve loved that for one of our boys a while ago! I do love [name_u]Theo[/name_u] and I think [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_u]Julian[/name_u] may sound best with the last name but you’re right that the tone might match with [name_u]Theo[/name_u] best! Thank you for your help!!

1 Like

I’m not sure if my message responded to you or just posted but hopefully you got it! Thanks!

1 Like

Got it :slight_smile:
That all makes sense, I can see why they are your two top choices!
It’s nice that if you do have a boy this time and don’t get to use either of your girls names that your older girls middles cover enough of that that anyone who did feel slighted or anything, you could point out you used [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] (the meaning).
While I’m typically one to say seer clear of names that others are going to use or that others have used, within a close group… I know a number of families that have multiple members with the same name and it works out… It makes sense that within families, people would be drawn to the same or similar sounding names. Over the years, our own list of possible names has gotten shorter and shorter mainly for that very reason. There are a few that if siblings/ cousins/ close friends used we would be sad about, but a couple we keep thinking will get picked and don’t also… I’m determined to keep a few on a list for each gender basically and be happy the kids in our life have such great names! But that’s just us, good luck and hopefully there’s no drama or anything.

I agree about [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], with your surname, it’s probably not the best fit. [name_u]Theo[/name_u] would stand out in the same way [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] does I think and that’s nice, your name choices are all very agreeable though with your other children’s names I think, so really you’ll choose something that works well.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your insights! I agree with you, the list gets shorter and shorter based on other kids we know. I have this thing where I don’t want to know anyone else with the name I choose or it feels too associated with that person. Of course after we choose a name we always meet other kids with the same name, and that’s fine and good, but I don’t want to know them beforehand. So if my brother had a girl first and named her [name_f]Rose[/name_f], I probably wouldn’t want the association of their child but I wouldn’t mind if they named a daughter the same thing after us. However, at this point I have some strong mama intuition going that this baby will be a boy so I’m more focused on those names at the moment! I wish my husband liked [name_u]Theo[/name_u] more but he’s not too excited about it yet. I considered [name_u]Ashton[/name_u], [name_u]Dylan[/name_u], [name_u]Nolan[/name_u], [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] and [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] as well but nothing for sure yet!! [name_f]Do[/name_f] any of those feel in keeping with the other names? Thanks!!

2 Likes

I feel similarly, I just cross the names off our list and am like…
well they just have good taste in names!

They all fit in I think but I’ll share some observations…
[name_u]Ashton[/name_u] - [name_u]Landon[/name_u] & [name_m]Aston[/name_m] go together quite well, the endings feel a little similar… Which is ok. [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] does stand out a little separate with this as he would be the only child who’s name is one syllable and who’s name doesn’t end in -n
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m] - [name_u]Landon[/name_u] & [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] … Looking at them they feel sooo similar… They sound like brothers… And they both contain both an -an & an -on but in different places and they don’t sound matchy… This is more visually. Though the endings do sound quite similar, it works… But again [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] is sort of left out. With [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], if you say the -ro- I would note that as being just something I consider as a similarity you may or may not want.
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u] & [name_u]Nolan[/name_u] - feels different and fits in but you have a son Lan-, this would be -lan and as they both end in -n also there’s a lot of similarity there. And again here [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] stands out a bit pattern wise but that’s not a bad thing, just an observation.
I also don’t know how you’re pronouncing the endings of your daughters names but the -an ending sometimes feels a little close to [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] to me, especially in [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] & maybe to some extent [name_u]Nolan[/name_u]? If you’re trying to keep them as distinct as you can while still incorporating your style and likes into the names I think those are probably things to consider.
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] is the most distinct on your new list. I’ve met one [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] in real life, though I see the name popping up here and there. [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] contains all the letters actually which is interesting because they sound very distinct from one another accept for that they both end their second syllable in -o, your other boys names both contain o but making a distinctly different sound. I quite like that about this name for you. I could see [name_u]Landon[/name_u], [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] & [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] as brothers. With [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] & [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] they do share the -r- sound right at the beginning there but it isn’t rhymy or repetitive. [name_u]Landon[/name_u] somehow feels longer than [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], I don’t think it’s visual as there are more letters but more that the name has that A sound right in the first syllable but that’s ok because [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] is shorter to hear but the same length letter wise… It does seem to work… I would just mention again though that visually next to [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] … [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] … There are similarities and I’m never sure how people have chosen to pronounce this, I’m not sure if it feels too similar or not. But I really like a short -o style name with your sib set, does feel like it fits in.

I’m not sure if that was helpful at all, I think you definitely have things you’re drawn to in names and you will find something that really fits, that you love just as much as their names, one of these or something else, hopefully you’ll get the feeling like you’ve found the right name when you see it!

1 Like

[name_u]Everett[/name_u] is too close to [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]. It might be passable as a middle name but maybe not ideal.

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] both derive from [name_u]Charles[/name_u], so that is why they look so similar.
What about: [name_u]Nico[/name_u], [name_m]Graham[/name_m], [name_m]Rhett[/name_m], [name_u]Rhys[/name_u], [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], [name_u]Owen[/name_u]

Yes I totally agree! Def would only be a middle name. We had a son who passed in the second trimester who was going to be [name_u]Everett[/name_u] (before [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] was named) so it was more of a tribute to him. [name_f]My[/name_f] husbands middle name is [name_u]Edward[/name_u] so that’s an option too! Thanks for your input

The more I consider [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], the less I like it actually! Sounds like maybe a better name for a cat. I love [name_u]Owen[/name_u] but meanings are important to me (I’ve learned my kids are direct representations of the meanings of their names) and I just don’t like the meaning of that one! “Young warrior” sounds like a really tough kid! [name_f]My[/name_f] [name_u]Landon[/name_u] is my most challenging child and not surprisingly is my “long hill” :laughing:

hi! love your kids’ names! they all have cowboy vibes imo but not too obvious (like Colt, Beau, Dallas, etc), even the girls and all the middles! i love that

so based on that i love August & Julian the most for your sibset! i’ll suggest Austin since you like August? maybe you’ll like it and i feel it goes great in the sibset!
Theo might be a bit popular compared to the other names imo (but ofc i’ll still consider it if this is a thing you don’t mind)
and i love Jasper! that is my fav from your choices but i’ve seen in the comments that it might not go well with your surname
Everett is also really nice, but may be a little too similar to Evelyn

some suggestions based on the names you like:
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Austin
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Malcolm
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Graham
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Gideon
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Gavin
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Grayson
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Greyson
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Garret
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Phineas
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Finnian
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Owen
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Tristan
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Tobias
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Aiden
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Aidan
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Aaron
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Archie
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Justin
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Wyatt
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Griffin
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Reese
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Sebastian
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Francis
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Dennis
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Devin
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Dalton
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Dawson
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Jesse
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Joshua
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Jacob
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Griffin
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Hudson
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Preston

and these names repeat initals so i’ll put them apart:
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Ethan
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Elijah
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Elias
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Caleb
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Connor
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Carter
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Carson
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Bailey
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Beckett
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Bellamy
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Lucas
Landon, Brooks, Evelyn, Caroline & Lionel

hope this helps and good luck! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I love [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u], and [name_u]Julian[/name_u] for you!

1 Like