7 for Review

Looking for some reviews on these names: do you like them? what associations or images do you have?

I’m not easily offended, just looking for honest opinions!

[name]Anton[/name]
[name]Corbin[/name]
[name]Oren[/name] (open to spelling on this)
Vivek
[name]Dalton[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] nn [name]Dash[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name]

Thanks!

[name]Anton[/name]: [name]Love[/name] it! Reminds me the actor [name]Anton[/name] Yelchin.
[name]Corbin[/name]: Not my cup of tea. Nothing wrong with it though.
[name]Oren[/name] (open to spelling on this): Nice, simple
Vivek: Never heard of it. Not a fan.
[name]Dalton[/name]: I like it! Reminds me of [name]Dalton[/name] McGuinty, Premier of [name]Ontario[/name] where I live. :frowning:
[name]Dashiell[/name] nn [name]Dash[/name]: Sorry, I really don’t like it.
[name]Wesley[/name]: Really like it! Sounds handsome.

[name]Anton[/name] - sleek and sophisticated name with a European flair

[name]Corbin[/name] - actor [name]Corbin[/name] Bernsen is my first association. I prefer [name]Cornelius[/name].

[name]Oren[/name] - US Republican senator [name]Orrin[/name] Hatch is the image I get. [name]Oren[/name]/[name]Orin[/name] has a Southern drawl.

Vivek - has the feel of a nickname more than a full name

[name]Dalton[/name] - [name]Dalton[/name] McGuinty is the premier of the Canadian province where I live. It’s ok.

[name]Dashiell[/name] - Spunky name with a literary association.

[name]Wesley[/name] - This name has a couple of images. (1) Methodist founders [name]John[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] [name]Wesley[/name] and (2) actor [name]Wesley[/name] Snipes. I think this name is very versatile and can work with different name styles.

Faves: [name]Wesley[/name], [name]Dashiell[/name] and [name]Anton[/name].

[name]Anton[/name] – I’m a big fan of this one! I agree with uselesskitty, it reminds me of [name]Anton[/name] Yelchin, which is a perfectly good association!
[name]Corbin[/name] – I’m not sure, but I think there was someone famous with this name? If not A-list famous, then at least known. I would check it out better, just to see if the association is one you would want people to make.
[name]Oren[/name] (open to spelling on this) – [name]Just[/name] one letter away from Oreo. I don’t like it.
Vivek-- Never heard of this. Not really sure what to think of it. I don’t think I like it.
[name]Dalton[/name]-- I live in [name]Georgia[/name], so there is a very strong association with the city of [name]Dalton[/name] and [name]Dalton[/name] carpet.
[name]Dashiell[/name] nn [name]Dash[/name] – [name]Love[/name] [name]Dash[/name], just wish there was a different way to get at that nn than through [name]Dashiell[/name]. I think this name is getting more popular though…
[name]Wesley[/name] – My favorite on the list. A nice, classic sounding name. My husband thinks it’s feminine sounding, but I think it’s wonderful!

[name]Wesley[/name] and [name]Anton[/name] are definitely the winners from this list! Are you open to other spellings for [name]Wesley[/name]? Because I really like it with the “t” ([name]Westley[/name])

I really like [name]Corben[/name] at the moment but this spelling, don’t really like the ‘i’ in it.

[name]Wesley[/name] is handsome, and I quite like [name]Dashiell[/name]. I saw a little boy the other day with [name]Dash[/name] on the back of his football shirt and then heard mom calling ‘[name]Dashiell[/name]’ which I thought was cool. I’d only ever heard the name on here so to hear of one in the UK was surprising.

I don’t like [name]Oren[/name], Vivek, [name]Anton[/name] or [name]Dalton[/name].

Thanks for the reviews so far, I appreciate it!

Dovah - I consider [name]Westley[/name] a different name, not just a different spelling, because I don’t say it the same way. It is actually on my long list (and I love The [name]Princess[/name] [name]Bride[/name]), but I think the t sound just doesn’t sound as nice to my ears. Maybe I’ll change my mind though.

[name]Anton[/name] reminds me of [name]Robin[/name] [name]Anton[/name] the founder of Pussycat Dolls and Girlicious. I don’t really have much of an opinion on it as a name. :frowning:
[name]Corbin[/name] is okay, not a very stand-out name to me. I think you could find better! I think of [name]Corbin[/name] [name]Bleu[/name] the actor from Highschool Musical 1/2/3
[name]Oren[/name] is not bad, I knew an [name]Oren[/name] in school. I prefer [name]Aaron[/name] a bit, but [name]Oren[/name] is nice. Reminds me of norse mythology and [name]Thor[/name].
Vivek doesn’t seem like a name to me, not a first one anyways. It feels like a hiccup mispelling of [name]Vivien[/name] or [name]Vivica[/name]. Feels more female than male.
[name]Dalton[/name] is okay, kind of dull seeming, but I definitely see the appeal! That’s also the name of the Premier in [name]Ontario[/name], which is the province I live in.
[name]Dashiell[/name] nn [name]Dash[/name], I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Dash[/name]. [name]Dashiell[/name] is nice, but nms.
[name]Wesley[/name] I really like this one a lot!

My top ones are [name]Wesley[/name], [name]Dashiell[/name], [name]Oren[/name]. :slight_smile:

I like [name]Wesley[/name]. What about [name]Westley[/name]? I love the nickname [name]West[/name].
[name]Dash[/name] is cute.
Vivek and [name]Oren[/name] are a bit out there for me, but interesting all the same!

[name]Anton[/name]- I associate this with a kid in my class who has a very similar name.
[name]Corbin[/name]- having watched High School Musical I think of the actor in it.
[name]Oren[/name]- I don’t like this one much. Sounds a little made up.
Vivek- sounds European, like Russian or maybe Czech.
[name]Dalton[/name]- it has a nice sound but it seems like it could lean on the pretentious side.
[name]Dashiell[/name]- don’t love [name]Dashiell[/name] but [name]Dash[/name] is adorable!
[name]Wesley[/name]- I get a similar feel as [name]Dalton[/name].

I hope I don’t sound too harsh, I just take the words “honest opinions” seriously!

Erinlw - You don’t sound too harsh at all. I was serious when I asked for honest opinions, and there’s really nothing that harsh in what you said. I asked for reviews and to get people’s reactions to names - and that’s what I’m getting! I think it’s interesting to look at individual answers and then overall trends in reactions - helps me figure out what the most common reaction might be, and to possibly see things I missed. Or perhaps have my love of a name reinforced!