8 weeks left, and we have *NO* name, help!

Hey there!

Oh my gosh, okay, so, when we found out we were having another son we were pretty dead set on naming him [name]Henry[/name]. Then, we were having a really hard time coming up with a middle name, and it has just been a downward spiral from there.

Now we are left with nothing. My husband is good with [name]Henry[/name] [name]George[/name], but is also game for exploring more options.

I am looking for something with a bit more “OOMPH”, more fun and less “standard”. All in all I think it is a really nice name. Our son is [name]Wesley[/name] Alder (goes by [name]Wes[/name]), a name which we love and I think is a really good blend of fun and funky.

So, some names we are considering…

• [name]George[/name] [name]Rockwell[/name] (Perhaps calling him [name]Rocco[/name]?)
  • [name]George[/name] [name]Sullivan[/name] (too trendy with the [name]Sully[/name]?)
  • [name]George[/name] [name]Ackerley[/name] (but it gives him the initials of GAS)
  • [name]George[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] (trendy)

Here is the thing though, we want to include the name [name]George[/name], to us, that is important. However, there is no need for it to be first, the flow of [name]George[/name] just tends to lead itself to the front because it is so strong. Does that make sense? I would prefer it as a middle name, but can’t find any first names that work with it. So, if we continue to run into that issue, we are okay with having [name]George[/name] be the first name, and using his middle name as his “known” name. My husband goes by his middle name, and it hasn’t been an issue for him.

Please, berries, I need help with some fun, quirky suggestions/combos, that are a bit different, but not too “out there”.

Sorry, I hope this has made some sense, tired, hot pregnant woman stressing out over here.

I vote for [name]George[/name] [name]Sullivan[/name] nn [name]Sully[/name]. To me [name]Wes[/name] and [name]Sully[/name] is a great sibset!

This is a new one from today. We haven’t had an “ah-ha” moment with it yet, but I do like it a lot, and I think it is growing on my husband. I worry about the Monster’s Inc. association.

[name]Wesley[/name] Alder is such a great union of a classic and a nature name! Have you considered pairing [name]George[/name] with a name with the rugged outdoorsiness of Alder? Here are some suggestions:

[name]George[/name] [name]Forrest[/name]
[name]George[/name] [name]Everest[/name]
[name]George[/name] [name]Banyan[/name]
[name]George[/name] Perigrine
[name]George[/name] [name]Linden[/name]
[name]George[/name] [name]Sylvan[/name]

[name]Sylvan[/name] sounds a lot like [name]Sullivan[/name], but it resolves the [name]Sully[/name] concern. It is Latin for from the forest. I like it! I agree [name]George[/name] generally flows better as a first name and its such a good, solid name. Good luck!

[name]George[/name] is one of my faves! [name]George[/name] [name]Sullivan[/name] sounds fantastic.

Have you thought about the name [name]Henderson[/name] [name]George[/name]? [name]Henderson[/name] isn’t to everyone’s taste, but it does allow for [name]Henry[/name] to be used… or [name]George[/name].
For [name]George[/name] as a first name, I do like [name]George[/name] [name]Rockwell[/name] and [name]George[/name] [name]Wilder[/name]…
Good luck!

Here’s a list that may help you find the right balance:

What’s the first initial of the last name and how many syllables are in it? It would be great if all parts of the name had different syllable counts and the initials didn’t spell anything.

[name]How[/name] interesting (I never truly thought about the syllable flow of all three parts of a name. I mean, logically, it was easy to see where a name wasn’t fitting because of it’s syllable count, but I guess I never put too much thought into each…section…this is sounding stupid. I will blame this on being up to late and super pregnant) :smiley:

I think at this point, we are thinking of [name]George[/name] [name]Oliver[/name], and our last name has two syllables. So, yes. All parts of the name have different counts if we go with that one.