A bit discouraged- am I in the minority?

[name]Hi[/name] yogurt so sorry that DH is not on the same page as you are in the name department.

This is an off the wall suggestion if he likes [name]Evangel[/name] ine and you like [name]Gerald[/name] ine would he be happy to let you have your choice seeing as it has the same ending as the one he likes.

I can’t remember my history but was [name]Augustus[/name] [name]Caesar[/name] a good guy? If so then [name]Augustus[/name] as a mn is okay but if not what about [name]Marcus[/name] that is a really nice name and has the [name]Roman[/name] theme ie [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Marcus[/name], how handsome is that?

Or if he gets [name]Augustus[/name] then you can choose the girl’s names.

In my family of two girls and one boy Mum chose the girl’s first names and Dad chose the second name and when they had a son Dad chose his name and Mum chose the mn. Good idea??

I would give the name my baby thing go for a day or two so that you can have a stress free weekend.

I am very interested to hear the latest development and if you need more suggestions let us know.

rollo :slight_smile:

I got a little mixed up with the boys I realise now that you wanted a [name]Theodore[/name] and an [name]Augustus[/name] if you have bb twins.

If you wanted more suggestions you could have

[name]Theodore[/name] and

[name]Atticus[/name] or [name]Marcus[/name] as the twin sibling.

best wishes

rollo

I love [name]Octavius[/name]! :slight_smile: I also love [name]Octavia[/name]!

[name]Just[/name] thought I’d add, when I was 12 I had a puppy and decided to name him after the little mouse on Disney’s [name]Cinderella[/name] whose name was [name]Octavius[/name] - “[name]Gus[/name] for short”! Lol. So I never really understood where the nn came from except that [name]Octavius[/name] and [name]Gus[/name] both end in “us” but it was cute and it worked for Disney so maybe you could still get your [name]Gus[/name] nn with [name]Octavius[/name]? [name]Just[/name] a thought!

I think [name]Augustus[/name] reads the least ‘[name]Roman[/name] inspired’ of his picks because it is being used more commonly than the others and has some style currency right now. If you throw in [name]Clementine[/name] and your other picks, the [name]Augustus[/name]-[name]Caesar[/name] connection would probably not even be noticed by most people. And [name]Augustus[/name], nn [name]Gus[/name] seems to fit in with the style you were looking for with [name]Clementine[/name]. I think they make a really cute set.
Have you read ‘Lonesome [name]Dove[/name]?’ I recently reread it and fell in love with [name]Augustus[/name]. Maybe it would give you another connotation to lessen the [name]Roman[/name] theme for you.

A)[name]Clementine[/name], [name]Ramona[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Caesar[/name] ([name]Asa[/name])
B) [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Ramona[/name] [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Augustus[/name]
C) [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Ramona[/name] [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Octavius[/name]
D) [name]Evangeline[/name], (some other girl name other than [name]Clementine[/name]), [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Marcus[/name]

Let’s see-- of these combos, I like B the best for a set of 4 siblings.
For B/G twins, I’d choose [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] or [name]Ramona[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]
For B/B twins, I’d choose [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Augustus[/name]
For G/G twins, I think [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Ramona[/name] works. [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name] works also, but it seems a little long-winded maybe? I dunno, I can’t quite decide. [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Ramona[/name] is nice too. I think the g/g combo is the one most in debate right now, but that’s just my opinion.

Before I decided on my twin girl names, someone here suggested [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Mirabelle[/name]. The combo was amazing to me. My DH wasn’t really on board though, so we moved on. So, I thohght I’d throw that out for you.

Thanks for the replies!

I definitely like [name]Augustus[/name] and [name]Octavius[/name] the best. I am still thinking about whether I think the [name]Caesar[/name]-[name]Augustus[/name] combo is too strange. I know that he would go by [name]Gus[/name] most of the time so that helps some and husband reallly loves it. So I am still mulling it over.

We both really want [name]Clementine[/name] so that is staying for sure. I am still a bit iffy on [name]Ramona[/name]. I love it, but I love [name]Clementine[/name] SO much more and I really want to find a name I like as much as I love [name]Clementine[/name]. I love [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Octavia[/name] but husband loathes [name]Rosemary[/name] (along with [name]Eleanor[/name]) and having an [name]Augustus[/name] and an [name]Octavia[/name] would be too themy. So I guess I am still thinking about other possibilities to go with [name]Clementine[/name]. We both really love [name]Imogen[/name] but it doesn’t sound very good with our last name. (One syllable rhymes with [name]Finn[/name]) [name]Ottilie[/name] is another one I like but it’s too cutesy next to [name]Clementine[/name]. What is the consensus on using the same letter for more than one child? Because I love [name]Camilla[/name] but obviously don’t want to have a “C” theme. So does anyone have any suggestions? I am pretty stuck!

I don’t have any repeat first letters personally, but I don’t see/have a problem with it. Since you already have a child (I think) who is not a C, having twin girls with C names doesn’t seem like you are really starting a trend to me. I mean if you do have a future child you would just give them a non-C name. Or, if you don’t have anymore, would you feel bad about having your first not have a C? I don’t know (and I am sorry if the twins are your first born- I can’t rember! lol)

I’ll think of some more names that go well with [name]Clementine[/name]. I’m just going to list a bunch.

[name]Victoria[/name] / [name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name] / [name]Briony[/name] / [name]Beatrice[/name] / [name]Bernadette[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] / [name]Eliza[/name] / [name]Elspeth[/name] / [name]Estella[/name] / [name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Julianne[/name] / [name]Juliette[/name] / [name]Julianna[/name] / [name]Jocelyn[/name] / [name]Jessamine[/name] / [name]Jasmine[/name] / [name]Josephine[/name] / [name]Josephina[/name]
[name]Mariella[/name] / [name]Marianna[/name] / [name]Martina[/name] / [name]Mirabelle[/name] / [name]Miranda[/name] / [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] / [name]Adelina[/name] / [name]Adeline[/name] / [name]Antonia[/name] / [name]Arabella[/name] / [name]Aurora[/name] / Aubriella / [name]Alexandra[/name] / [name]Annabel[/name] / [name]Annabelle[/name] / [name]Angelina[/name] / [name]Angelica[/name] / [name]Antoinette[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name] / [name]Seraphine[/name] / [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name] / [name]Delphina[/name] / [name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Florence[/name] / [name]Francine[/name] / [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Henrietta[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name] / [name]Lucienne[/name] / [name]Lisette[/name] / [name]Lucinda[/name]

This is my first pregnancy :slight_smile: From your list I really loved [name]Florence[/name] and [name]Bernadette[/name]. Husband has said no to [name]Bernadette[/name] and likes [name]Florence[/name] more as a middle name. A name we have recently come across that we both like is [name]Edith[/name]. What do you guys think of that name? Too old sounding? [name]Edith[/name] and [name]Clementine[/name], does that fit? Maybe if I knew what my “style” was it would be easier to search for names. So what style of names would you say [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Florence[/name], [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Bernadette[/name], [name]Camilla[/name], and [name]Edith[/name] fit into?

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

I have done some thinking and come up with a few ideas on a sister for [name]Clementine[/name]

[name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name] are a lovely combo

[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] or these names as for middles [name]Elodie[/name]/[name]Nova[/name]/[name]Louisa[/name]/[name]Calista[/name]/[name]Damaris[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
Clementinne [name]Aurora[/name] and [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Nova[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] and [name]Geraldine[/name] [name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] and [name]Antonia[/name] [name]Helene[/name]

Shorter first names

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Leandra[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Letitia[/name] [name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name] [name]Angeline[/name]
[name]Regina[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]

Boys

[name]Augustus[/name] [name]Roman[/name]
[name]Marcus[/name] [name]Homer[/name]
[name]Cornelius[/name] [name]Peter[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Roman[/name]
[name]Augustus[/name] [name]Wolf[/name]

PS I think it would be okay to have the twins with two C names but if you can find one you love that has another letter I would go with that one.

rollo :slight_smile:

Thanks [name]Rollo[/name] for the reply!

I like [name]Adelaide[/name] the best out of your suggestions but I hate the nickname [name]Addie[/name] so I’m hesitant to use it. [name]Heidi[/name] is a much more appealing nickname but I don’t know how well it goes with our other names.

As far as [name]Aurora[/name] goes for a middle name, I’m not really a fan. I’ve always thought that name was a bit of a tongue twister myself :slight_smile: I think we like the names [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Ramona[/name] [name]Florence[/name] [name]Kate[/name] the best so far but are open to other suggestions, although we definitely want to keep [name]Florence[/name] as a middle for [name]Ramona[/name] if we use it.

Your boy name suggestions were stunning! [name]Augustus[/name] [name]Roman[/name] sounds amazing but I am trying to get away from that whole connection so I don’t think thats going to work out. Husband loves [name]Augustus[/name] [name]Wolf[/name] but I don’t know how practical that is… we’ll see. He thinks it sounds manly :roll:

I like your girl combos and re [name]Adelaide[/name] I didn’t think of [name]Addie[/name] but [name]Adele[/name].

[name]Glad[/name] I was able to suggest something that appealed to your husband.

best wishes

rollo

Yogurt-

You know, I often get a little hung up on definining my style too. I think I’m over it though because I realized I don’t quite have a textbook style and the way names are placed in categories is a tad subjective anyway. Some people consider '[name]Penelope[/name]" a old fuddy duddy name. some people call it a hipster/yupster/trendy-ish name. Some people call it a upper class british feeling name. I have a daughter named [name]Penelope[/name], so I tend to put it in the bucket, ‘quirky, fun, but practical’ – LOL

I think you may like these lists based on names you have listed as ones you like:

I think [name]Edith[/name] and [name]Clementine[/name] make a cute pair.

And, well since [name]Clementine[/name], [name]August[/name], [name]Gus[/name], [name]Edie[/name], and [name]Theo[/name] make the “hipster” list-- here’s that full list

I kinda like [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Harper[/name] together!

hi there yogurt, and congrats!
to give a personal perspective to your original question, my name is [name]Clementine[/name] and I am 19. I’ve always loved my name. Growing up and to this day I love being the only [name]Clementine[/name] and not one of the multiple Stephanies, Jessicas or Emilys. 99% of the time I get a positive reaction when people learn my name. I’m confused when people talk about [name]Clementine[/name] being ‘the ultimate hipster name’ because according to Nameberry less than 200 children were named [name]Clementine[/name] last year in the US… I live in Australia and have briefly met one other [name]Clementine[/name] and have heard mention of another two, but those are the only times I’ve even heard of someone else with my name. Sometimes people would sing “Oh My Darlin’” to me but I was very rarely bothered by this (in fact my Mum used to sing it - with more positive lyrics). I have a long first name with a long last name and sometimes this could be slightly irritating, but again, very rarely. I get called [name]Clemmie[/name] for short by most people, very occasionally [name]Clem[/name] and even more occasionally [name]Elly[/name] or [name]Tine[/name]. I don’t want to see my name become ultra-popular but I’m glad it has nameberry support!

In terms of names to go with it, I was struck by the suggestion that [name]Felicity[/name] goes well with [name]Clementine[/name], as [name]Felicity[/name] was the name of my best friend in highschool, so [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name] sound like a proper pair to me!
I like the suggestion of [name]Theodore[/name] (makes me think of [name]Teddy[/name] in [name]Little[/name] Women :slight_smile: )
If you like [name]Adelaide[/name] but not [name]Addie[/name], and [name]Adelaide[/name] I know is only known as [name]Ally[/name], you could also try [name]Elly[/name] or [name]Elle[/name].

all the best!

Yep, if I had to describe your style I would probably call it something like Fresh Vintage. Most of them are kind of old lady-ish (in a good way), but not too clunky or fusty. Many would also fit in the Hipster category, with [name]Ramona[/name] being the most hipster/least ‘old lady’, [name]IMO[/name].

I don’t think it would be a problem for the twins to share an initial (as long as they aren’t too matchy.) They’re twins and would already have that extra connection, so I don’t think it would be weird for any future children to have a different initial, if that makes sense. Having said that, [name]Camilla[/name] is not my favorite with [name]Clementine[/name].

I really like [name]Edith[/name] for you and don’t think it sounds too old at all. I also love [name]Adelaide[/name] with [name]Clementine[/name], but I agree with you about the unfortunate nn [name]Addie[/name]. Pps have listed some great alternative nns, though! I forget, do you like [name]Beatrice[/name]? I think it’s great w/ [name]Clementine[/name].

I have to admit, I find your husband’s insistence on a [name]Caesar[/name] name for a son to be a little surprising and odd! If you have B/B twins, is he okay with one having a [name]Caesar[/name] name, and the other one not? Like, would [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Augustus[/name] work for him? I kind of like [name]Augustus[/name] as well as [name]Octavius[/name], but the connection is definitely there with your husband’s name. So I definitely understand your hesitation to use one of those. If you like [name]Octavia[/name] for a girl, maybe he could compromise and use that and choose a non-[name]Caesar[/name] name for a boy? That way the theme might not be quite as obvious? Having said that, you do have such nice other options for girls. Crunchymama linked some good lists, maybe you’ll find some more inspiration there :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone!

I really appreciate the link to all those lists, crunchymama! I think the clunky but cool and antique names ready for restoration fit my style best :slight_smile: From those lists I really liked [name]Frederica[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] but husband isn’t as keen. He says he’ll think about [name]Matilda[/name] but doesn’t like it as much as [name]Edith[/name].

I’m glad to hear some of you think [name]Edith[/name] is cute with [name]Clementine[/name] because it is one we both like. Hopefully its not too short with it but we are loving it and love the nn [name]Edie[/name]. A bit lost on middle names, though!

@Tuppence thank you so much for your reply! I am so happy to hear from an actual [name]Clementine[/name] because I have never met one personally! The only other story on this thread was of someone being so unhappy they changed their name as an adult, so I am glad you love having the name. It’s so pretty and unique :slight_smile:

@hoodie- Yes, it’s unfortunate. But he likes what he likes, I guess. He recently said he might would use [name]Leonidas[/name] instead of [name]Augustus[/name] but to me it sounds like a disease or an STD. ERRG!

Oh we also both like [name]Ingrid[/name], but maybe a bit harsh with [name]Clementine[/name]?

Hello yogurt

Firstly some feedback from my husband, although he thinks it could be a grand name to live up to he likes the combo of [name]Augustus[/name] [name]Wolf[/name]. (btw his name is [name]Ramon[/name]).

Now back to [name]Edith[/name] I have only one point to make and that is it is a very short name in comparison to [name]Clementine[/name]. I would like to see the other twin with a name of similar length so I have scoured the names of girls born in Old [name]England[/name] and this is the result.

[name]Edeline[/name] which is pronounced as Ay deh leehn and means noble and of good cheer.nn of [name]Edie[/name]

Next is [name]Edwina[/name] and I can see a twin combo of [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Edwina[/name] nn [name]Edie[/name].
[name]Edwina[/name] means valuable friend.

I have another suggestion that you may find a little unusual but I really like it with [name]Clementine[/name] and it is [name]Willow[/name].

Twins [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Willow[/name] isn’t that a pretty pair?

rollo

We were going to use [name]Clementine[/name] as a first name but we found out we’re having a boy! [name]Sawyer[/name] is at the top of our list. I think those names are great. We also found that people either love or hate [name]Clementine[/name] and we never understood why people clung to the 100 year old association with the song, or why some thought it was rednecky. I have yet to meet and will probably never meet a [name]Clementine[/name] that fits the description that someone gave of a “trailer park” girl from the woods. I agree with another poster, it’s very hip, upbeat, original but familiar. I really wish there were more [name]Clementine[/name]'s in this world. I bet a lot of parents get to that final step and don’t go through with it, choosing a more common and easy name. We love it and will always have a good association with it. Chances are, a lot of people will scoff at whatever name you choose, so why not choose one that you like? If you used “[name]Evelyn[/name]” for instance, some people would say they hate it. People have their own tastes which is why we aren’t all named [name]John[/name], [name]Jacob[/name], [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name]…

I also agree that [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] make a much cuter sibling set. [name]Cleo[/name] and [name]Teddy[/name] or [name]Emmy[/name] and [name]Theo[/name]?

Ooohhh! Hard choice! They are both darling. But I would choose [name]Emmy[/name] and [name]Theo[/name].

Good luck with your DH! I have to admit [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Athena[/name] isn’t quite working for, and [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Ramona[/name] seems so cute.