A Brother for Brynn!

Hey all! Our little [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] [name_u]Aspen[/name_u] is getting a brother!

So we found out this week that we are having a BOY in [name_f]April[/name_f]! This is great news, although I’m very apprehensive about naming a boy. I just can’t seem to find anything I love (and hubby does not contribute very much!)

SO. So.

Here are some names I can handle, and I"d love to hear any additions you might have. You will see that I tend to lean to conservative firsts with nature-y middles.

[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Leif[/name_m]
[name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_u]Oak[/name_u]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]
[name_m]Eli[/name_m] [name_u]Cedar[/name_u] (technically off the list because I have a cousin with a little [name_m]Eli[/name_m], but I just can’t let go!!)

Other names I like:
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Kellan[/name_m]

Names hubby likes:
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m]
[name_m]Stephan[/name_m]
[name_m]Jacob[/name_m]

So, please help? :smiley:

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] is fantastic!

You seem to have a broad style, so I’ll try to suggest some names you might like:
[name_m]Asher[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Jake[/name_m]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_m]Beckett[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]

I like [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] but the hubby will veto, I’m sure! [name_m]Asher[/name_m] is out because I am [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] (and have an [name_m]Asher[/name_m] in the family).
I’m not a huge fan of [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], [name_u]Reid[/name_u], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] or [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] (although I like the feel of [name_u]Beck[/name_u]). [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is on my list, but I also have a cousin who just had a [name_m]Judah[/name_m] in [name_u]July[/name_u], so they may be a little too close in age to repeat.

I do like [name_m]Jake[/name_m] as an alternative to [name_m]Jacob[/name_m], but I’m not sure how I would pair it. Any ideas?

I love [name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_u]Oak[/name_u] or [name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_m]Leif[/name_m]…

[name_m]Davis[/name_m] [name_m]Leif[/name_m]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m]
[name_u]Emory[/name_u] [name_m]Davis[/name_m]…love
[name_u]Finlay[/name_u] [name_m]Kellan[/name_m]
[name_m]Gram[/name_m]
[name_u]Leland[/name_u]
[name_m]Uriah[/name_m]

Congratulations!!!
Too bad [name_m]Eli[/name_m] is out, [name_m]Eli[/name_m] [name_u]Cedar[/name_u] is so handsome. My favorite from your list besides [name_m]Eli[/name_m] is [name_m]Issac[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m].
Some suggestions:
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Cedar[/name_u]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m] [name_u]Cedar[/name_u]

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the name [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] so cute, I don’t like it paired with [name_m]Leif[/name_m] though, how about [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] :heart:

Instead of [name_m]Eli[/name_m]…what about [name_m]Elijah[/name_m], [name_u]Elias[/name_u], [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], or [name_u]Eliot[/name_u]?
Also suggest [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]/[name_m]Jonas[/name_m], [name_u]Noah[/name_u], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_m]Declan[/name_m], [name_u]Rory[/name_u], [name_m]Landon[/name_m], [name_u]Seth[/name_u], [name_m]Josiah[/name_m], [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], [name_m]Thayer[/name_m], [name_u]Luca[/name_u], [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]

I love [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Leif[/name_m]! I just love your style in general, and [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Leif[/name_m] is adorable. Plus, [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] and [name_m]Caleb[/name_m]? Adorable! All your options are great, but I especially love [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] with [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] (and in general!). I also love [name_m]Grant[/name_m], and love the idea of [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] and [name_m]Grant[/name_m] together! I think I’d prefer [name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_u]Cedar[/name_u] as a combo, though. :slight_smile: All your options are great, though–I love your style!!!

My dad’s name is [name_m]Grant[/name_m], and we are purposely not naming after anyone, so that’s out!

I like [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]… I’ll put it on the list to see what hubby thinks!

I don’t mind [name_m]Elijah[/name_m], but a family member already has used that name, so it’s out. The others are just too far away from the feel of [name_m]Eli[/name_m] that I like for me to use.

As for the other names, I like [name_m]Declan[/name_m] and [name_m]Josiah[/name_m], but hubby has vetoed and the rest are either not my taste or used up by family members.

I have a massive family. I’ve got 51 cousins in total and as far as their kids, I think the number is up over 100 now. I feel like it shouldn’t matter too much if my kid has the same name as another, but I want something unique. Also, the names that I like that family members have used have been used recently, i.e. the last 5 years. If there was a 10 year old [name_m]Eli[/name_m], I’d feel differently than with the fact that [name_m]Eli[/name_m] is less than a year old. So yeah. Tough (and maybe too picky? lol)

I like [name_m]Callum[/name_m] and [name_m]Leif[/name_m] together… could be another possibility!

The other names you suggested don’t really feel like they fit my style. They all seem very polished… which we are not, haha! I picture southern gentlemen, and we are more laid-back Canadian in style. :smiley:

Last response, I promise!!

Of the names you suggested [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] is a nephew and [name_m]Grant[/name_m] is my dad’s name (we aren’t naming after). I love [name_m]Felix[/name_m] but hubby really doesn’t like it, and the other two aren’t my style.

Thanks for all your suggestions, though, guys! I am actually finding this very helpful! Berries, you rock!

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] is my favorite combination. I like [name_m]Callum[/name_m] a lot but not the middle name. [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is handsome.