A brother for Jonah

Expecting our second son, after naming our first [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m].
I’ve really been loving the name [name_m]Jennings[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u], but we’re a little hung up on the fact that [name_m]Jennings[/name_m] is a surname outside of our family tree. No connections to speak of, we just really like the name!

In theory, I guess it’s no different than [name_u]Hudson[/name_u], [name_u]Parker[/name_u], etc., which seem so ‘normal’ now, but I just don’t want to give him a name that’s too hard to carry.

What are your thoughts? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] is an amazing name!!

[name_m]Jennings[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is quite nice! [name_m]Jennings[/name_m] works -to me it fits in with the trend of surname names atm. My only doubt woulf be slight similarity in sound between Jonah and Jennings but they’re not too similar for me

[name_m]Jennings[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m], [name_m]Jennings[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_m]Jennings[/name_m] [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] also came to mind

Some other names that might with [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Rufus[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_u]Jensen[/name_u]
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_u]Calder[/name_u]
[name_u]Everest[/name_u]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]

[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] and [name_m]Jennings[/name_m] sound great together. I’m not a fan of matching initials myself, but I like how they share similar sounds while being very distinct names. I dont think [name_m]Jennings[/name_m] not being a family name is a problem. It just sounds like a cool name. If it’s a bit heavy, [name_u]Jay[/name_u] or JJ would be more familiar nicknames.

I’m not a huge fan of [name_m]Jennings[/name_m] as a first name, I think maybe it’s the “S” ending that throws me off. It still seems like too much of a surname for my taste. But in saying that, if you love it, go for it!

Some other suggestions to pair with [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]:

[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Forest[/name_m]
[name_m]Eli[/name_m] [name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_u]Cedar[/name_u]

[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] & [name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] & [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] & [name_m]Eli[/name_m] (seconded)
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] & [name_m]Silas[/name_m] (seconded)
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] & [name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] & [name_m]Levi[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] & [name_m]Asher[/name_m]

[name_m]Jennings[/name_m] isn’t terrible, but I’m on the fence. One one hand I like the way it sounds with MN [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and brother [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]. On the other, I agree with the pp that the S at the end throws it off and makes it hard to see as a FN as opposed to a LN. [name_m]Jenson[/name_m]/[name_u]Jensen[/name_u] is a similar sounding name that sounds equally great with [name_m]Jonah[/name_m], if that’s up your alley!

[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] and [name_m]Jenson[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] make an amazing pair!

[name_m]Jennings[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is great with [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]. I do agree that [name_m]Jenson[/name_m] is probably more accessible, but equally cool.