A brother for Lia?

[name_f]My[/name_f] coworker and friend has asked me for suggestions for her baby number two, and I’m only so happy to oblige. :slight_smile: She has an [name_f]Adalia[/name_f] [name_u]Jaden[/name_u] (changed minorly for privacy reasons, but very, very similar sound) who is turning 3 in a couple days. She goes by [name_f]Lia[/name_f]. [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] (my coworker) says she loves that [name_f]Lia[/name_f]'s full name is not used a lot at all, but that her nn, [name_f]Lia[/name_f], is familiar. It sounds like she’d like the same for baby number 2. She’s slightly worried that she and her boyfriend aren’t going to be able to come to a consensus. :slight_smile: So far, her boyfriend wants [name_f]Aria[/name_f] or [name_f]Rica[/name_f] ([name_f]Rika[/name_f]? Pronounced [name_f]REE[/name_f]-kah) for a girl, or [name_u]Nico[/name_u] for a boy. She’s not a huge fan of [name_u]Nico[/name_u], but LOVES [name_m]Dominic[/name_m] and would love to get them to compromise so her boyfriend could have [name_u]Nico[/name_u], but she could call him [name_m]Dominic[/name_m]/[name_m]Dom[/name_m] (personally, I’m with her. I adore the idea of [name_f]Adalia[/name_f] and [name_m]Dominic[/name_m] “[name_f]Lia[/name_f] and [name_m]Dom[/name_m]” together!). She hasn’t really mentioned any other ideas.

Any ideas for her? I have a few ideas (I’m personally massively in love with [name_u]Owen[/name_u] or [name_m]Henry[/name_m] for [name_f]Lia[/name_f]'s little brother), but I figured you’d all come up with some creative ideas I’ve missed, and I can give her a good-sized list in a few days. :slight_smile:

I have no idea what surname we’re working with as of right now. Her surname is Ke.rn, but I have no clue if she’ll use her surname, or her boyfriend’s.

Suggest away, Berries!

[name_m]Olivier[/name_m] pronounced o-[name_f]LIV[/name_f]-ee-ay nicknamed [name_u]Ollie[/name_u]

[name_f]Adalia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lia[/name_f] & _______

*[name_m]Dominic[/name_m] nn [name_u]Nico[/name_u], [name_m]Dom[/name_m]

[name_m]Nicodemus[/name_m] nn [name_u]Nico[/name_u]
[name_m]Donovan[/name_m] nn [name_m]Don[/name_m]
[name_m]Langston[/name_m] nn Lang

I do love [name_m]Donovan[/name_m]! [name_m]Langston[/name_m] is cool, too. Along that line, [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]? I think [name_f]Adalia[/name_f] and [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] would be fabulous, but I’m not sure she’d go for it. I’m pretty sure [name_m]Nicodemus[/name_m] is way out of her comfort zone, though, haha. [name_m]Olivier[/name_m]… I mentioned [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] today, and she seemed rather nonplussed. I love [name_m]French[/name_m] names, but I’m not sure she wants something so obviously of another culture. I can add it to the list, though.

I second the suggestion of [name_m]Donovan[/name_m] (and the nicknames [name_m]Don[/name_m] or [name_u]Van[/name_u] are both cute). Here are some more:

[name_u]Dexter[/name_u] ([name_m]Dex[/name_m])
[name_u]Finley[/name_u] ([name_m]Fin[/name_m])
[name_m]John[/name_m] (nn [name_m]Jack[/name_m])
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] ([name_m]Vince[/name_m])
[name_m]Anton[/name_m]
[name_m]Benedict[/name_m] ([name_m]Ben[/name_m])
[name_m]Cedric[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]

[name_f]My[/name_f] personal favorite is [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] ([name_m]Vince[/name_m]). [name_f]Lia[/name_f] and [name_m]Vince[/name_m] are so cute together!

Thanks, @emily_rose! I really love [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_m]Benedict[/name_m], and [name_m]Silas[/name_m] with [name_f]Adalia[/name_f], too. I’m so excited to pass these lists off to her! :slight_smile:

Any last suggestions before I send my list off to her? I told her I’d have her a list by [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] (when we’ll presumably work together; we usually do), but if this thread is pretty much dead, I don’t want to beat a dead horse. :slight_smile: I’ll probably look a bit on my own, too, but I’m hoping some Berries will have some ideas that I wouldn’t have had.

Hmmm…

[name_m]Benedict[/name_m] “[name_m]Ben[/name_m]”
[name_m]Leopold[/name_m] “[name_m]Leo[/name_m]”
[name_m]Callum[/name_m] “[name_u]Cal[/name_u]”
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] “[name_m]Cy[/name_m]”
[name_m]Andreas[/name_m] “[name_u]Andy[/name_u]”
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m] “[name_m]Luke[/name_m]”
[name_m]Mikhail[/name_m] “Mik ([name_m]Mick[/name_m])”
[name_m]Broderick[/name_m] “[name_m]Brody[/name_m]”
[name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] “[name_u]Nico[/name_u]”