A Chat For Mothers and Soon-To Be- Mothers!

We are pretty much torn between two middle names for each! we love [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] for the boy but we are stuck between [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] and [name_u]Blake[/name_u] for the middle name. For the girl we love [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] but are torn between [name_f]Maren[/name_f] and [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] for the middle! [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] I feel is beautiful and festive (and honours DH’s [name_u]French[/name_u] heritage!) but we also love [name_f]Maren[/name_f] and [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] and [name_u]Blake[/name_u] both honor my Irish and [name_f]English[/name_f] heritage!

1 Like

Lovely options! I don’t think you can go wrong with any of those combos.

We’re partial to choosing heritage-inspired names as well. Personally, I like [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] [name_u]Blake[/name_u] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f]. I like the way that [name_u]Blake[/name_u] and [name_f]Maren[/name_f] offer contrast to the softer tones of [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. Though [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] is absolutely gorgeous (!!), admittedly, [name_f]Maren[/name_f] is one of my favourite names and near the top of my own list.

Good luck through this final stretch!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hi ladies! [name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Jenni[/name_f] and I’m expecting my third baby the beginning of [name_u]August[/name_u]. I have two daughters already. [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] [name_f]Xochitl[/name_f] is 6.5 years old and [name_f]Kiana[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] just turned 3 last week. We haven’t told anyone yet, but I plan to tell my mother in law after my first ultrasound on [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] own mother passed away unexpectedly in [name_u]August[/name_u] from cancer. This pregnancy is going to be so hard without her.

Congratulations! What special news to be able to share with your mother in law next week. Wishing you all the best for that first ultrasound. Your mother is going to be with you through this entire journey, I’m sure of that.

Your two girls have such beautiful names. Question: how do you pronounce [name_f]Xochitl[/name_f]?

Thank you @Hollyrow for the kind words. [name_f]Xochitl[/name_f] is a name/word from the Nahuatl language. It is pronounced Sho-cheecl. I have seen different ways people pronounce it.

1 Like