A first name to go with middle name Margaret

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone :slight_smile:

I’m a long time lurker, first time poster. I’m not pregnant as yet but after what felt like the longest wait in history we are ready to try for our first baby. We are so excited! I’ve been obsessing about baby names, dreaming about them even! :lol:

If we have a girl her middle name will be [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], after her nan. Her last name will be [name_m]Miller[/name_m].

The names we like are:
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_m]Miller[/name_m]
[name_f]Ariana[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_m]Miller[/name_m]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_m]Miller[/name_m]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_m]Miller[/name_m]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_m]Miller[/name_m]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_m]Miller[/name_m]
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_m]Miller[/name_m]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_m]Miller[/name_m]

I thought about having [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] as her first name and calling her [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_m]Miller[/name_m] is adorable!, but we have a dog called [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] so that would be weird. :lol:

I look forward to your thoughts and ideas. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] was my Grandmothers name and she went by [name_f]Mimi[/name_f] which I think is adorable. That could be an option?

From your list I like [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. I am not a huge fan of “old lady” names (no offense) so that would be my choice.

I think these names also go well with [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]

[name_f]Paige[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Helena[/name_f]! It sounds so chic with [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_m]Miller[/name_m]. I also like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Emily[/name_f], and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u].

I don’t care for [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] as a name, just because a [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] I knew became [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] Chlamydia in high school. (I know any name can get teased, but I try not to give them ammo).

[name_f]Ariana[/name_f] is nice, but a bit frillier than I like with [name_f]Margaret[/name_f].

I don’t think the “bel” names sound great with [name_m]Miller[/name_m]. But I do like [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]. I find [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] to be too juvenile. I don’t think it ages particularly well, but the nickname option [name_f]Anna[/name_f] helps. Speaking of, I really like [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f].

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_u]Clare[/name_u]/ Clarebelle(pronounced [name_f]Claire[/name_f]-a-bell.)

Some of these are really beautiful! (Okay, they all are, but several of them I’m really excited about, haha!)

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Ariana[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] (although it’s probably because [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Arianne[/name_f] are my top two girls’ names. :)) I like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] a lot, too, but I like [name_f]Ariana[/name_f] and [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] paired with [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] more. I like [name_f]Helena[/name_f] a lot, but not with [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] (somehow, I just really don’t like them paired together? I think it’s just the way they look side-by-side), and I really love the idea of [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], but not [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] quite so much. [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is really sweet, though!

I don’t know if you’re looking for suggestions, but I’ve always liked [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. I feel like they’d fit in seamlessly with the rest of your list, as well as [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] that I mentioned earlier. [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_m]Miller[/name_m], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_m]Miller[/name_m], and [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_m]Miller[/name_m] would all be really sweet!

Good luck!

[name_m]Ah[/name_m], a lot of the names you listed have a really nice flow! :smiley: I think I prefer [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] – with an emphasis on [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] because they’re both beautiful names that sound great together. I also completely agree with @ashthedreamer that [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] would be absolutely stunning!

As for suggestions, I obviously like [name_f]Gaia[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], but I don’t know if [name_f]Gaia[/name_f] is your style. I also like [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] sounds great as well.

That’s the second [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] Chlamydia reference I’ve heard, and [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] wasn’t a favourite, so I’ll remove her from the list.

[name_f]My[/name_f] partner loves [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] too.

Is [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] pronounced like [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] but with an E or [name_f]Emi[/name_f]-[name_f]Lia[/name_f]?

I love your suggestions of [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Eva[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] only thought is [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_m]Miller[/name_m] is all two syllables. I do love the name though.

I love [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] too but it’s the name of a family member. Always the way!

Br brave and call her [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. It is so pretty.

I love the rhythm of [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_m]Miller[/name_m]! That would be my favourite from your list!

[name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] are a bit much with [name_m]Miller[/name_m], too many L sounds in the same place.

Second favourite would be [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_m]Miller[/name_m] ^^

Hehe. As long as no one calls her [name_f]Maggie[/name_f].

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Helena[/name_f] are our favourites too.

We are liking [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] for a boy. [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] and [name_f]Helena[/name_f] work well together I think. Thanks everyone for your input. :slight_smile:

I think [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_m]Miller[/name_m] is too “mill” heavy, though [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] is beautiful. Where I live (Australia), it’s pronounced eh-mill-ee-ah.
I like [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_m]Miller[/name_m], though - if you like [name_f]Emily[/name_f] and [name_f]Emilia[/name_f], maybe you could consider that?
Of your choices, I like [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] the most - [name_f]Helena[/name_f] sounds very distinguished!
I also think a [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]’ would be sweet, I don’t think anyone would call her [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] if you introduced her to people as [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]. Keep us posted!

I think [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_m]Miller[/name_m] is too “mill” heavy, though [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] is beautiful. Where I live (Australia), it’s pronounced eh-mill-ee-ah.
I like [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_m]Miller[/name_m], though - if you like [name_f]Emily[/name_f] and [name_f]Emilia[/name_f], maybe you could consider that?
Of your choices, I like [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] the most - [name_f]Helena[/name_f] sounds very distinguished!
I also think a [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]’ would be sweet, I don’t think anyone would call her [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] if you introduced her to people as [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]. Keep us posted!

I’m in Australia too. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] is sweet. [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_m]Miller[/name_m] makes my heart melt.